Switching gears...Steroids in the NFL? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Switching gears...Steroids in the NFL?

scrappy, remember most of the population doing the juice is doing it on their owns. Its all about excess. I wonder what amount of test would let you experience good gains and still be ok for your body and mind!
Like you pointed out ephedra is also dangerous when taken in large doses. The few damage the opportunity for many!

The East Germans were fanatical about their study of the human physiology and made strides in sport's medicine, training, and supplamentation that were previously unheard of

I am not too up to par on this but correct me if I am wrong. Werent the east germans ALSO the most up to speed on performance enhacners as well?

Originally posted by knoxpk

I am not too up to par on this but correct me if I am wrong. Werent the east germans ALSO the most up to speed on performance enhacners as well?

Yup. They were notorious juicers on top of everything else but the rest still holds true: they were utter geniuses in the study of the human body's athletic prowess.

cranx and you confirmed this:

HISTORY OF STEROID USESteroids were developed in the 1930sto help aging men maintain strength or to
raise levels of naturally occurring testoster-
one. In the 1950s, athletes began using ana-
bolic steroids after witnessing the domina-
tion of East Europeans and Soviets in an
international sports event. It was later dis-
covered that these athletes had used ste-
roids.

link:
http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?p...oid+history&d=4E06566CCC&c=430&yc=62897&icp=1

Originally posted by knoxpk
scrappy, remember most of the population doing the juice is doing it on their owns. Its all about excess. I wonder what amount of test would let you experience good gains and still be ok for your body and mind!
Like you pointed out ephedra is also dangerous when taken in large doses. The few damage the opportunity for many!
I wasn't the one who mentioned ephedra, but I don't think it should have been banned. I frequent a fitness messageboard, and I recalled a topic on ephedra. One poster put up statistics for emergency room visits per drug. It seems like aspirin is more dangerous. I'll let you read the post for yourself if you want.

http://www.fit-pro.com/forums/allpo...=1&subject=Ephedra+kills?+What+about+Aspirin?

Pretty interesting stats.

posted on 29-Jul 17:46 [ edited 0 times ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to add the following excerpt from http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/body_229smart.html:

According to the DAWN (Drug Abuse Warning Network) Detailed Emergency Department Tables of 2000, ephedrine seems to be very safe when compared to other drugs. These numbers reflect the number of mentions each drug received in regard to emergency room visits. Here's a quick list:

Drug Name - Number of Mentions

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) - 33,613

Alcohol-in-combination - 204,524

Ibuprofen (Advil) - 17,923

Aspirin - 15,657

Fluoxetine (Prozac) - 7,938

OTC sleep aids-Sominex/Nytol - 6,609

Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) - 6,270

Naproxen (Aleve) - 5,080

Caffeine - 1,674

Chlorpheniramine/aspirin - 1,116

Pseudoephedrine - 948 (A decongestant used in every cold/sinus formula around)

Ephedrine - 1,057

Straight off that site pretty interesting!

Ephedra may not have caused many hospital visits, but the truth is that it is dangerous. Steve Bechler, a Baltimore Orioles pitcher, died from ephedra use last spring. The biggest problem with banning ephedra is that you can have it in your system and not even know it because I believe it is in certain cold medicines. However, I do not have a problem with the banning of the substance.

I think the main problem is when overweight people take it like it's candy in an attempt to lose weight. Perhaps Steve Bechler was overdoing it, I'm not sure.

Originally posted by Cranx

Of course. I'm not disputing the Alzado thing, I'm just saying that it's pretty stupid to name guys like Ricky Williams, Zach Thomas, Jr Seau, etc when the person doing so has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. If you say something about Barrett Robbins or Ty Wheatley, that would be another story altogether as they've been implicated in the use of steroids but the other guys are being slammmed simply because they're muscle bound? Come on, that's just ignorant.

I only gave examples of guys who might be using any sort of anabolic steroids. You don't understand, I worked with personal trainers that have had trained in the nfl. I just don't make things up.

Originally posted by Scrappy
Yeah, I wouldn't acuse any particular player. I'm sure we all have one's that we would suspect though.

While we're mentioning Lyle, I found this link: http://www.geocities.com/bigcory94533/alzado.html

R.I.P. Lyle.

We all do.

I agree, thirty pounds in one summer is over the top but, I believe you're talking about the exception, not the rule. Sure, there are a lot of kids using juice to give them that extra edge, but I'd say the majority are not especially considering the fact that it has become increasingly more difficult to beat the system in this regard. All I'm saying is that we need to be cautious in this regard as some people want to label everyone who bulks, or drops body fat as a juicer.

One more example here is the fact that people's bodies react differently to different supplaments. As a person who does lifts four days a week (for strength and endurance these days, not bulk) I can personally attest to the dramatic affect creatine had on my physique. When I started my first cycle years ago in college, I literally gained 12 pounds in a matter of three weeks and, besides protein supplaments, that was all I took. Given the proper diet and a more rigorous training routine, I would likely have been able to pack on another 8-10 pounds with no additional supplamentation.

I no longer use creatine as I prefer lean body mass to size (I'm a cyclist and weight kills speed) but I wanted to offer this as a first hand example of how certain supplaments can work on certain people.

You gained water, none of it was lean body mass.

While all of those procedures are damaging, steroids can have both physiological as well as psychological impacts on a person and, unless they are used under a doctor's supervision in cases where they are NECESSARY I see them in a totally different light than cosmetic surgeries.

It is always an extremely dangerous proposition to mess with drugs for cosmetic purposes as there really is no telling what kind of reaction your body is going to have to said drugs. Besides that, any doctor who prescribes 'roids for cosmetic purposes deserves to have his license yanked and his butt placed in the cooler.

Steroids without the proper care can be a disaster period. It is estimated that 90 percent of the athletes use steroids.

I would like to eventually become a personal trainer. I'm studying the ISSA's material, the NSCA's material, and I have an ACE book on the way. While I personally believe in doing things the healthy way, I still think you make a great point knoxpk. One problem though. Steroids can give a person a real attitude problem, while Mikey's nose won't necessarily do that. (Okay, bad example) I'd be curious to see what the statistics are for death due to steroids, as compared to liposuction. They say lipo is actually a dangerous procedure.

You have a misconception about steroids as well as the other guy. Even while on steroids, you have to work your muscle real hard in order to gain gains, some gains are not kept and some are but steroids aren't a form of cosmetical surgury.

Roid Rage has been proven to be a misconception. If you have attitute problems then you shouldn't take them at all.

I wasn't the one who mentioned ephedra, but I don't think it should have been banned. I frequent a fitness messageboard, and I recalled a topic on ephedra. One poster put up statistics for emergency room visits per drug. It seems like aspirin is more dangerous. I'll let you read the post for yourself if you want.

http://www.fit-pro.com/forums/allpo...mp;subject=Ephedra+kills?+What+about+Aspirin?

Pretty interesting stats.

Well here is the thing guys, when you are talking about ephedra you are talking about your blood pressure. At safe amounts, ephedra is a product that you can benefit for weight loss and mental awareness. Now you have a person that has no knowledge of the drug and just pops it in. Never monitors his health and lets everything pass by. Should the miscare be against the person or the drug? The person of course, its your body you know.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Ephedra may not have caused many hospital visits, but the truth is that it is dangerous. Steve Bechler, a Baltimore Orioles pitcher, died from ephedra use last spring. The biggest problem with banning ephedra is that you can have it in your system and not even know it because I believe it is in certain cold medicines. However, I do not have a problem with the banning of the substance.

As stated above, the media makes these drugs a lot worst and along the media you need to do more research. A number of overweight people have taken this drug while they have had heart illnesses. Why would you take a drug that will accelerate your heart beats per minute while you are having heart illness? Companies can't really be held liable for the mistakes of people. The label clearly states to consult a doctor before taking and people dont take it for granted.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

I only gave examples of guys who might be using any sort of anabolic steroids. You don't understand, I worked with personal trainers that have had trained in the nfl. I just don't make things up.

We all do.

You gained water, none of it was lean body mass.

Steroids without the proper care can be a disaster period. It is estimated that 90 percent of the athletes use steroids.

You have a misconception about steroids as well as the other guy. Even while on steroids, you have to work your muscle real hard in order to gain gains, some gains are not kept and some are but steroids aren't a form of cosmetical surgury.

Roid Rage has been proven to be a misconception. If you have attitute problems then you shouldn't take them at all.

:lol: :lol: 90%!!!! You're tokin' on crack pipes if you actually believe that. Exceptionally high estimates have 20-25% of athletes in certain sports (baseball) taking roids but 90% is simply an asinine figure that you either pulled out of your butt entirely or are gullible enough to believe anything anyone tells you. That figure isn't even plausible! 90%! HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

As far as roid rage goes, make up your mind, it's either a misconception or it's not, you contradict yourself there. If you have an attitude problem and take 'roids then it should have zero affect one way or another if 'roid-rage is a misconception so why not take them if you're alrady wont to do so?

Finally, as far as creatine goes, it has been proven that it helps promote and build lean muscle mass in several double blind clinical studies by third party researchers so I'm quite sure that, given my gains in overall strength during tha time, that some of the gains were lean muscle mass. I was not claiming that I had gained all of that weight in muscle during the span of a couple of weeks however, I was simply pointing out that it is possible to gain a lot of weight in a short period of time and that steroids don't have to be involved.

Also, nobody said anything, one way or another, about how much work you do or do not have to do while on steroids so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. The fact remains that, within the context we are discussing here, they are a cosmetic drug.

Finally,
90%!!!!! That is friggin hilarious!!!
:shakeno:

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol: :lol: 90%!!!! You're tokin' on crack pipes if you actually believe that. Exceptionally high estimates have 20-25% of athletes in certain sports (baseball) taking roids but 90% is simply an asinine figure that you either pulled out of your butt entirely or are gullible enough to believe anything anyone tells you. That figure isn't even plausible! 90%! HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

As far as roid rage goes, make up your mind, it's either a misconception or it's not, you contradict yourself there. If you have an attitude problem and take 'roids then it should have zero affect one way or another if 'roid-rage is a misconception so why not take them if you're alrady wont to do so?

Finally, as far as creatine goes, it has been proven that it helps promote and build lean muscle mass in several double blind clinical studies by third party researchers so I'm quite sure that, given my gains in overall strength during tha time, that some of the gains were lean muscle mass. I was not claiming that I had gained all of that weight in muscle during the span of a couple of weeks however, I was simply pointing out that it is possible to gain a lot of weight in a short period of time and that steroids don't have to be involved.

Also, nobody said anything, one way or another, about how much work you do or do not have to do while on steroids so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. The fact remains that, within the context we are discussing here, they are a cosmetic drug.

Finally,
90%!!!!! That is friggin hilarious!!!
:shakeno:

Man if you had a clue, there are some things im not suppose to say here but if I mentioned them you would be surprised.

Now Mr know it all wimpy biker, I want to hear this one. How in the hell do you think you gained any lean muscle mass in 3 weeks LMAO(from creatine). I believe that was an over-statement just like calling steroids a cosmetic surgury

Abuse of steroids is something and steroids being a drug to prevent the body of certain ill patients from reaching a catabolic state is another situation. In the other hand you just don't gain anything while on steroids if you don't have the proper diet and nutrition, workout ethic. With that being said, your statement as steroids being a cosmetic drug just shows how much you lack knowledge of Anabolic Steroids. It takes a vigorious program for anyone to gain hard lean muscle mass, It takes proper care of yourself and lastly your nutrition.

Going back to my statement, 90 percent of the athletes have cycled at least once while on steroids or any precursors. I didn't mean that 90 percent of users use them now. Take your time and do your research and you can at least come back with a little more knowledge.

Lastly, cycling on any kind of testosterone along the Test- ester chain for as much as 10 weeks shouldn't be labeled steroid abuse. Testosterone is a naturally occuring substance within the body and a lot of people could save their money from buying any testosterone precursor by using the real stuff. If you want to call anything steroid abuse, look at the pro bodybuilding federation and ronnie coleman. Pro hormones have the same side effects as steroids and the product isn't potent enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by juniorseau55

Man if you had a clue, there are some things im not suppose to say here but if I mentioned them you would be surprised.

Now Mr know it all wimpy biker, I want to hear this one. How in the hell do you think you gained any lean muscle mass in 3 weeks LMAO(from creatine). I believe that was an over-statement just like calling steroids a cosmetic surgury

Abuse of steroids is something and steroids being a drug to prevent the body of certain ill patients from reaching a catabolic state is another situation. In the other hand you just don't gain anything while on steroids if you don't have the proper diet and nutrition, workout ethic. With that being said, your statement as steroids being a cosmetic drug just shows how much you lack knowledge of Anabolic Steroids. It takes a vigorious program for anyone to gain hard lean muscle mass, It takes proper care of yourself and lastly your nutrition.

Going back to my statement, 90 percent of the athletes have cycled at least once while on steroids or any precursors. I didn't mean that 90 percent of users use them now. Take your time and do your research and you can at least come back with a little more knowledge.

Lastly, cycling on any kind of testosterone along the Test- ester chain for as much as 10 weeks shouldn't be labeled steroid abuse. Testosterone is a naturally occuring substance within the body and a lot of people could save their money from buying any testosterone precursor by using the real stuff. If you want to call anything steroid abuse, look at the pro bodybuilding federation and ronnie coleman. Pro hormones have the same side effects as steroids and the product isn't potent enough.

As usual you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about so I'm not even going to argue. The fact that you believe that 90% of athletes have cycled onto steroids is enough to convince me that you're an individual who hears/reads moronic information from some half witted source and believes it to be true and, when someone calls you on the FACT that there is no possible way that that which you are espousing could be true you have to defend your position to death with an "I can never be wrong..." approach; it's pathetic.

Seriously, please do us all a favor and please cease your posting on these boards; you contribute nothing of a positive or intelligent nature.

P.S. I'm done with you once and for all, welcome to my ignore list containing exactly one person: YOU!

Back
Top Bottom