T.J. Yates' Pro Day | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.J. Yates' Pro Day

This is why I want us to draft ASU's Brock Osweiler. He has lots of upside and I love his mobility for a big man. If he can get with a good QB coach who can prepare him for the NFL, like the guy who worked with Cam Newton last off season, he will be great.

Texans have the 2nd best rushing attack yardage wise this year and you wana say that Yates is why the Texans have won games since he stepped in? Would you also be willing to say he's the reason they lost the last 3? Yates was a good game manager today, he didn't "win" a playoff game for them.

ehhh...when i said they'd be one and done i was thinking it was the jets or the ravens or the steelers that was comin in that building...not the damn bengals...that said i still don't like the way yates deals with pressure...to me he was pretty average overall...managed the game...didn't make the mistakes to lose the game i'll give him that...and got pacman jones to bite on a double move...that and chris crocker was horrid in this game...

congrats houston...it ends in baltimore next week...i have a feelin its gonna be a big game for ed reed

Good for T.J. Yates. Don't take anything away from him. I think he will get his *** kicked next week, but for a late round pick who cares?

I will say this...Miami would have beaten a T.J. Yates led team today OR would have gone to Denver and beaten the Broncos. The Fins were the 4th best team in the NFL when the season ended. Just cannot start 0-7 to say the least.

that couldn't be any more homer...

If average involves a 98 quarterback rating in the playoffs as a rookie, I'll take average any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

I believe in passer rating differential as a predictor of success and championships. It's not perfect and it won't predict every game, but here were the regular season passer rating differentials for all the playoff teams:

GB +42.1
NO +24.1
HOU +23.7
NE +19.6
PIT +18.0
SF +17.8
DET +15.1
BAL +12.9
ATL +7.8
NYG +6.8
CIN -5.4
DEN -19.6

The Houston-Cincinnati outcome was a lot less questionable than people thought. It's no coincidence that the game came out with Houston (Yates) having a 98 passer rating and Cincinnati (Dalton) a passer rating in the 50's. That differential itself is a killer. If the Texans can achieve the same thing against the Ravens, who finished with a +12.9 rating differential in 2011, then you're staring at a Houston team that could easily end up in the AFC Championship Game. Joe Flacco will be vulnerable to that Houston defense. We'll see. I predict Baltimore victory, but I also think Baltimore will go to the Super Bowl so it's no real shame to lose to them. But the Packers will still win the Super Bowl, preserving passer rating differential as still the best predictor of championships.

Also the Packers were like 10-0 against teams that finished with 8-8 records or better.

that couldn't be any more homer...

it is a homer statement, but I DO believe that. I call like I see it. I can be hyper-critical at times, but I think the Fins are 4th best team in the AFC at the end of the year.

I believe in passer rating differential as a predictor of success and championships. It's not perfect and it won't predict every game, but here were the regular season passer rating differentials for all the playoff teams:

GB +42.1
NO +24.1
HOU +23.7
NE +19.6
PIT +18.0
SF +17.8
DET +15.1
BAL +12.9
ATL +7.8
NYG +6.8
CIN -5.4
DEN -19.6

The Houston-Cincinnati outcome was a lot less questionable than people thought. It's no coincidence that the game came out with Houston (Yates) having a 98 passer rating and Cincinnati (Dalton) a passer rating in the 50's. That differential itself is a killer. If the Texans can achieve the same thing against the Ravens, who finished with a +12.9 rating differential in 2011, then you're staring at a Houston team that could easily end up in the AFC Championship Game. Joe Flacco will be vulnerable to that Houston defense. We'll see. I predict Baltimore victory, but I also think Baltimore will go to the Super Bowl so it's no real shame to lose to them. But the Packers will still win the Super Bowl, preserving passer rating differential as still the best predictor of championships.

Also the Packers were like 10-0 against teams that finished with 8-8 records or better.

imo the pack better watch out for the giants next week...if the giants get out of today...(got the dvr goin right now so don't know whats goin on with that game)...but don't sleep on the giants

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

it is a homer statement, but I DO believe that. I call like I see it. I can be hyper-critical at times, but I think the Fins are 4th best team in the AFC at the end of the year.

your post said 4th best team in the nfl...not afc...even then though i still think its a stretch...but like you said you call em like you see em...and i see it a lot different

If average involves a 98 quarterback rating in the playoffs as a rookie, I'll take average any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

His QB rating is definately misleading. He looked shaky at best. 11-20 for 158 yards is not something I'd take any day of the week. Yates deserves credit for managing the game and not throwing killer INT's, but he didn't do anything special at all. That pass he threw that Crocker dropped would've been a killer and the way he handles pressure is still pretty awful. I know Yates is your guy and all, but he hasn't shown that he is anything except a future backup in this league. It's not a bad thing, especially for a 5th round pick. He should have a long career.

Yea, the guy wasnt QB Jesus out there, but if Im the Texans I have to feel good about a late round QB that can go into a playoff game as a rookie and not only not completely implode, but actually play well enough to win. Who knows what happens with his career, but you gotta like the potential.

i give ck credit for finding the kid and for being in his court but lets be honest...the texans are crazy if they trade matt schaub off what they saw from yates...and i'm not even a guy in schaubs camp as a franchise qb

Let's wait for more playoff games before we start saying that. The Texans are one vintage Flacco playoff vomit session away from the AFC Championship Game.

the texans are gonna get rolled next week...limit that stretch/zone run and make tj yates make plays in the passing game and you're gonna end up with short fields and turnovers...easy gameplan for baltimore...limit the run bring pressure on yates and easy money

the afc playoffs this upcoming week as a whole are gonna be a joke...the games to watch will be in the nfc

imo the pack better watch out for the giants next week...if the giants get out of today...(got the dvr goin right now so don't know whats goin on with that game)...but don't sleep on the giants

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

your post said 4th best team in the nfl...not afc...even then though i still think its a stretch...but like you said you call em like you see em...and i see it a lot different

No I didn't.. I said AFC...look at Post #143. I guess you do see things a lot differently.

Back
Top Bottom