T.J. Yates' Pro Day | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.J. Yates' Pro Day

Odrick is looking pretty good as a 3-4 DE. Watt does as well, but I don't think that means Odrick isn't a fit. Our run defense is better than Houstons.

I really haven't been too impressed with Yate's pocket presence. It seems like he gets a sniff of a rusher coming near him and he wants to go down instead of sticking with the play.

Odrick is looking pretty good as a 3-4 DE. Watt does as well, but I don't think that means Odrick isn't a fit. Our run defense is better than Houstons.

I really haven't been too impressed with Yate's pocket presence. It seems like he gets a sniff of a rusher coming near him and he wants to go down instead of sticking with the play.

i've noticed that as well...drops his eye level turtles up and goes to ground...but its not anywhere near blaine gabbert level...

freakin colts got reggie wayne singled up in the red zone all night on jason allen and don't go there...killin me...like they're trying to lose...there should be sirens going off whenever the qb comes to the los and sees that...check out of whatever garbage play you were gonna run and go to the 2 way go due to the off man coverage with wayne

i've noticed that as well...drops his eye level turtles up and goes to ground...but its not anywhere near blaine gabbert level...

freakin colts got reggie wayne singled up in the red zone all night on jason allen and don't go there...killin me...like they're trying to lose...there should be sirens going off whenever the qb comes to the los and sees that...check out of whatever garbage play you were gonna run and go to the 2 way go due to the off man coverage with wayne

Blaine Gabbert is the worst.

Yates doesn't look comfortable throwing inside the pocket. He looks a lot better throwing on bootlegs. Orlovosky doesn't look that bad. Wayne had trouble beating single coverage all night. I could see Orlovosky developing into a solid backup for Indy someday.

what a damn game...reggie wayne does it again...and jj watt...that kids a nightmare...

houston be ready to be one and done...you get the jets and revis locks down andre johnson and your history!!! same for pittsburgh or baltimore...that run game isn't gonna destroy any of them

b/t outside of that last rush where the colts were leading dwight freeney mailed it in tonight...hes been ready for vaca

colts playin themselves out of andrew luck...dumb ***** ha ha

what a damn game...reggie wayne does it again...and jj watt...that kids a nightmare...

houston be ready to be one and done...you get the jets and revis locks down andre johnson and your history!!! same for pittsburgh or baltimore...that run game isn't gonna destroy any of them

b/t outside of that last rush where the colts were leading dwight freeney mailed it in tonight...hes been ready for vaca

colts playin themselves out of andrew luck...dumb ***** ha ha
It would only be justice if they missed out on Luck. Just not right that they franchise has had the opportunity to draft Elway (who refused to play for them), Peyton Manning and now Luck. Somehow they've timed their suckiness just right.

man...you know polian is privately seething right now...what do you do...go in the lockerroom and tell the players to tank it week 17 against awful *** gabbert??? lmao...that stuff would leak out to the media if they did

love it

I knew this could happen. Short week, Indy flying high off its first win of the year, Texans at a low point after snapping a 7 game win streak, having already clinched the division, traveling on a short week to a hostile environment where they've never won in 10 tries...let's just say I put my money where my mouth was and I'm pretty happy about this outcome.

Since this is a Yates thread I'll comment on Yates. What I'll say is, 13 of 16 for 132 yards, 8.3 yards per attempt, on interceptions...he wasn't bad. I don't see criticism there. Save the criticism for the coaching staff. They played a "bad team" game plan today and it back fired on them. When you're playing a bad team you figure that you're better at executing than they are, and so all you have to do is execute normal, conservative plays...and eventually you'll win the game because the other team can't execute. The Texans had no desire to call anything that could have opened the offense up. I don't know how much of that you blame on Yates. The coaching staff is calling games like they just can't wait for Andre Johnson to come back healthy. That's the reality of the situation.

And that defensive meltdown on the final drive...you've gotta get hold of your players if you're Gary Kubiak. Unlike Mike Mayock, I thought ALL of the calls on that drive were justified, even the one where Watt dropped Orlovsky at his feet. The Texans are going to ask for that penalty to be reviewed and the review is going to come back saying it was a justified call because Watt grabbed onto Orlovsky's feet while he was on the ground and continued to put pressure on his legs even after the throw, trying to bring him down. You can get cute with camera angles and try and claim Watt was blocked into the legs, yadda yadda yadda, but at that moment when Watt had his legs and Orlovsky had thrown the ball, Watt was still trying to bring him down by the legs. He committed a violation and he was called for it. The other calls were spot on as well and they gave the Colts the game.

Next week the Texans get Andre Johnson back, and they'll have had a nice long week to get some install in there and work on some more advanced passing with Yates, work on opening some things up. Expect them to come at the Titans with a fresh approach, a more aggressive game plan, and to start executing how they expect to execute in the playoffs.

i agree they tried to win the game conservative as hell...but i'm damn confident that unless they get much more aggressive and yates makes some plays in the passing game they're one and done in the postseason...

so kubiak better open things up and just hope for the best with the kid...or they'll die a slow death

b/t ck i didn't mean to hijack your thread...beers were flowin game was fantastic and i'm a football junkie...i don't think yates played bad per say i think he played to what they allowed him to play...i did think the pressure stuff i saw with the way he reacted wasn't good but i'm not willing to say thats a no go either like i am with gabbert...but and i think you know it that won't win in the postseason with what they're staring at opening weekend...that offense is gonna have to grow a pair and trust the kid

More than anything the Texans are missing Wade Phillips to call the defense. That takes a lot of pressure off Yates and the offense and gives them more opportunities to get the offense going.

But they are going to have to open it up a bit if they want to win in the playoffs.

andre johnson out hurts also but unless i'm mistaken he was ruled out monday...so that kinda makes me wonder if he'll be a lock to go next week even...when guys are ruled out that early in the game week makes me think them playing even the following is dicey

They won't win in the post season with that kind of game plan unless Andre Johnson comes back at full strength. He can make that kind of game plan work by providing the spark to make big plays that take that from a 16 point game plan to more of a 25 point game plan, and then the conservatism and ball control combined with a defense could actually work well in tournament play.

I'm not worried about hijacking the Yates thread. Was a great game and the Colts are actively shooting themselves in the foot with Andrew Luck, giving us hope where there was none.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

andre johnson out hurts also but unless i'm mistaken he was ruled out monday...so that kinda makes me wonder if he'll be a lock to go next week even...when guys are ruled out that early in the game week makes me think them playing even the following is dicey

I think they've already said that as of right now their plan is for him to play against the Titans.

yeah but ck even with andre johnson that whole thing with yates revolves around the running game...and i just don't see the running game being their bread and butter against pitt or baltimore or the jets in the postseason...and andre its likely he won't be 100 percent when he does come back and you just know that there will be more pressure on yates against any of those teams in the postseason than he saw tonight...

limit that zone stretch and misdirection running game and put the game in yates hands and houstons done...nothing against the kid but thats the formula

houstons front 5 is nice but the secondary can be exploited and they're not the stoutest against the run...

They won't win in the post season with that kind of game plan unless Andre Johnson comes back at full strength. He can make that kind of game plan work by providing the spark to make big plays that take that from a 16 point game plan to more of a 25 point game plan, and then the conservatism and ball control combined with a defense could actually work well in tournament play.

I'm not worried about hijacking the Yates thread. Was a great game and the Colts are actively shooting themselves in the foot with Andrew Luck, giving us hope where there was none.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

I think they've already said that as of right now their plan is for him to play against the Titans.
its prob not worth it for johnson to play vs the titans. they are pretty much locked into the 3 seed, and this is the 2nd time johnson has suffered a hamstring injury this season. its been a lingering problem. give him as much time possible off and let him be fully healthy come jan 7th/8th for the raiders/jets/steelers/bengals, whoever

I think the biggest impact of Johnson coming back is that teams are going to have to play Houston honestly, whether Johnson is at full strength or not. His presence alone should stop teams from bringing a safety in the box.

Back
Top Bottom