T.J. Yates' Pro Day | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.J. Yates' Pro Day

i knew ponder had a hip pointer that had him questionable going in...didn't know it was the injury that got him pulled...thats much better than going to joe webb cause ponder was stinking up the joint

Really a combination of both. Ponder was stinking up the joint because of his hip pointer. He was scoring points but he was also making too many mistakes.

Really a combination of both. Ponder was stinking up the joint because of his hip pointer. He was scoring points but he was also making too many mistakes.

Not all of the rookie QBs are going to make it. Vikings look stuck with Ponder and I think he could be very very average. He gets top marks for character, intelligence, decency etc but he stunk it up at FSU in a number of games. Yes, they will be in a high draft position but I wonder whether they draft like Carolina (bench Clausen for Cam Newton), if given the chance to get Luck, Barkley or RGIII?

Not all of the rookie QBs are going to make it. Vikings look stuck with Ponder and I think he could be very very average. He gets top marks for character, intelligence, decency etc but he stunk it up at FSU in a number of games. Yes, they will be in a high draft position but I wonder whether they draft like Carolina (bench Clausen for Cam Newton), if given the chance to get Luck, Barkley or RGIII?

I think the Vikings are very happy with Ponder despite benching him because of his hip pointer yesterday. I don't think they're drafting another QB.

I don't think Yates would have done very well in Indy's offense. He seems a good fit for the WCO.

Bill Polian says they were getting ready to take Yates in the same round that Houston took him but the Texans got him before they could. Asks, "Should we have taken him a round earlier? Yes, without a question."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-caldwells-job-is-safe-almost-drafted-yates/

LOL, I just read the article. The Colts didn't even have a pick in that round...I think Polian may be in survivor mode cause Colts fans are now on to him and his crappy drafts.

i don't think minnesotas in play for a qb either with their top 3 likely pick...but i do think its very possible their a trade out candidate in the top 5...very possible

so whatever pick they do have i'd want to get to it

LOL, I just read the article. The Colts didn't even have a pick in that round...I think Polian may be in survivor mode cause Colts fans are now on to him and his crappy drafts.

It's possible they traded out of the round.

Also Cincinnati after they lost to Yates said that they had a very high grade on Yates and that he was the quarterback they were going to target if they didn't get Andy Dalton. They didn't say which round, just that he was their guy.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

i don't think minnesotas in play for a qb either with their top 3 likely pick...but i do think its very possible their a trade out candidate in the top 5...very possible

so whatever pick they do have i'd want to get to it

Fully agree. Miami will have to monitor things to make sure nobody is trading up and bypassing them.

I think Minnesota and St. Louis are possible trade partners. Both have a lot of holes to fill and extra picks without having to drop much in the draft would be something they would probably jump at.

the rams can't trade out of the top 5 even and have blackmon or claiborne there for them...so i think the rams at least are not a threat to trade out...imo they shouldn't either...go get blackmon or claiborne...premium talents at big time need positions

lets say we finish at #5 which i think is still very much in play...you offer minnesota at #2 or #3 either in front of or behind the rams your pick at #5 and a 1st next year and they still can get kalil i think they take it...and you get your qb

count me in...hell you might even be able to offer them a 2nd next year and see if they bite...if not give em the 1st next year and i think you're cooking with gas...

all i know is if the texans are gonna try and win in the postseason with an offense as conservative as their showing tonight against an opponent like the ravens or steelers or jets if they come there i don't think there's a shot in hell of it happening...they are gonna have to open it up or they'll be one and done...if someone can limit that zone stretch run play and the misdirection run plays they'll be in business cause tonight at least the only thing the texans are trying to do in the pass game is to leak out the te on the misdirection boot leg...

any of those 3 teams i mentioned will eat that **** for breakfast in the postseason...

and sure enough on 3rd and 1 what do they do...go right back to the boot leg to the te and the colts have it snuffed out...gonna have to come up with something else houston...cause this isn't gonna win in the postseason

man...i love what i see from jared odrick but jj watt is the prototype 34 de...wowzers... watching jj watt tonight just furthers my belief that odrick is a better 43 fit

Back
Top Bottom