T.J. Yates' Pro Day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.J. Yates' Pro Day

I like Yates. Maybe he could someday be a Sean Hill type of guy. But I am thinking backup. I agree he has tremendous footwork and a quick release. Two observations. His release looks really low. That is partly why he gets it out of there. His release is the anti-Kaepernick release partly because its so compact. Secondly, I am not seeing the arm strength. Can he stand back there and drive an out pattern at NE or Buf or NY in December? I don't see it. I do see a really good backup, and I'd be happy if Miami drafted two qbs with this kid the back end part of the bargain. But I am talking 5th or 6th, not 4th.

He really didn't have to do it that often but when he did, he had good strength and was on the money. And the report from someone at his Pro Day specifically noted he threw with good power.

I saw that Mike Nolan was at the UNC pro day... he showed up in the background of some B roll. But I don't know who else was our organization was there. I've taken quite a liking to Johnny White after CK's video of him and would be interested to see if our RB coach was there.

Yeah I saw Nolan out there too. Hey if Robert Quinn falls to #15 the Dolphins have to really think about that. And Quan Sturdivant I think is prime candidate for an ILB position, very Crowder-like but makes bigger plays.

i like yates and team tar heel.

greg little, marvin austin, deunta williams, jonny white all have potential

even kendrick burney is a scrapper

Yeah I saw Nolan out there too. Hey if Robert Quinn falls to #15 the Dolphins have to really think about that. And Quan Sturdivant I think is prime candidate for an ILB position, very Crowder-like but makes bigger plays.

If we got Robert Quinn I would poop myself out of shock and joy. Imagine cam and Quinn across from each other.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of Quinn at OLB. I don't think him an upgrade over Misi, even as a pass rusher, and certainly not in space.

I am hoping the Dolphins draft Yates as the second of 2 QBs chosen on draft day. Landing Mallet or Ponder with Yates alone would be an excellent draft.

The problem with Yates is that he has those "Henne Impulse throws".

He needs to get rid of those.

I'm not a fan of Quinn at OLB. I don't think him an upgrade over Misi, even as a pass rusher, and certainly not in space.

I like Misi. I think he plays his part well, and I think he'll only get better.

But, you're talking nonsense. As a pure pass rusher, I have Quinn as the 3rd best player in the draft - in a draft that's abnormally strong in that regard. Last year, he would have been the best pass rusher.

You know CK, you could make this kid some money. If you've got Peter King retweeting the Draft Winds pieces, then you know there's probably plenty of FO types reading them as well. You could do a Draft Winds piece on TJ Yates...:hump:

The problem with Yates is that he has those "Henne Impulse throws".

He needs to get rid of those.

I'm not afraid of mistakes. I'm afraid of TOO MANY mistakes. But I'm also just as afraid of the unwillingness to make a mistake (ie. conservative throwing). A guy has to own the football field and play without fear to play in this league.

You know CK, you could make this kid some money. If you've got Peter King retweeting the Draft Winds pieces, then you know there's probably plenty of FO types reading them as well. You could do a Draft Winds piece on TJ Yates...:hump:

I could, and I would love to, but I don't think it will get re-tweeted by Peter King. Writing a good article is half about (or more than half about) figuring out what to write about. Richard wrote a fantastic piece on Christian Ponder but our Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett pieces got far more acclaim. Why? More enigmatic players.

Back
Top Bottom