T-Pain Only Did Dolphins Fight Song for $$$ ... I'm No Fan!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T-Pain Only Did Dolphins Fight Song for $$$ ... I'm No Fan!!!

And water is wet. But seriously the Tpain fight song is garbage and I'm not even sure who or why anyone in the world thought it would be a good idea. I'm talking men in suits sat down at a table to discuss and approve that garbage.

exactly the old school fight song is better and still the one miami uses most of the time.

Why else would he have done it? For oranges?

T-Pain isn't a die-hard Miami Dolphins fan?!?

Where's my refund???

I'm out!!!

Nah. Music died a long time ago ... we just weren't around to witness it unfold. 1979 was pretty much the end. Then the 80s came and went scorched earth on the whole industry. Eat a dick, Culture Club.

And now ... mumble rap. Pop country. Auto tuned hacks that can't even write their own music. I rest my case.

I feel sorry for you if you feel this way.

Nah. Music died a long time ago ... we just weren't around to witness it unfold. 1979 was pretty much the end. Then the 80s came and went scorched earth on the whole industry. Eat a dick, Culture Club.

And now ... mumble rap. Pop country. Auto tuned hacks that can't even write their own music. I rest my case.

I'm not here to **** on the music people get nostalgic about, but I think it's hard to say that music died in 1979 when much of the best music was created and released from 1980-present. Not speaking of you, but I doubt many people who say that music died in (insert year) remember the people saying the exact same thing the generation before, and that generation before failed to remember the same things being said by the generation before. Rinse and repeat. There will always be talented people who make stuff (as long as there are people), and they'll always be outnumbered by the bad examples in whichever medium/genre they participate.

I can tell you that blues loses something when it goes from acoustic to electric, but it gains other things, and it's ultimately up to the musician to highlight the strengths of his medium. Same is true for folk. It's different, and a lot of people famously hated Bob Dylan going electric. Now, we look back and lol, but those people meant it. Then again, a lot of people who say all music sucks don't remember the Dylan controversy - let alone know any pre-WWII bluesmen outside of Robert Johnson.

If you think music is dead, you're missing out.

I'm not here to **** on the music people get nostalgic about, but I think it's hard to say that music died in 1979 when much of the best music was created and released from 1980-present. Not speaking of you, but I doubt many people who say that music died in (insert year) remember the people saying the exact same thing the generation before, and that generation before failed to remember the same things being said by the generation before. Rinse and repeat. There will always be talented people who make stuff (as long as there are people), and they'll always be outnumbered by the bad examples in whichever medium/genre they participate.

I can tell you that blues loses something when it goes from acoustic to electric, but it gains other things, and it's ultimately up to the musician to highlight the strengths of his medium. Same is true for folk. It's different, and a lot of people famously hated Bob Dylan going electric. Now, we look back and lol, but those people meant it. Then again, a lot of people who say all music sucks don't remember the Dylan controversy - let alone know any pre-WWII bluesmen outside of Robert Johnson.

If you think music is dead, you're missing out.

Seeing Dylan next month here in Denver ... can't wait.

I still listen to new-ish stuff (is Citizen Cope or Ray Lamontagne considered new? :lol:) but music will never get back to the glory days of '60-'79. Rock/folk finding its niche with lingering Motown still doing its thing ... that's as good as it will ever get and I don't care what anyone says. Name 3 artists today even in the same galaxy as Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Ray Charles ... I could go on. They just don't make them like that anymore.

T-Pain is one of the folks who ruined hip hop the first time around. It got better again once he was phased out.

I hate all of his songs for the most part, and I hate that he's destroyed so many potential classics with his unbearable hooks.

It's about the same as it's always been - mostly trash with some good stuff and the occasional moment of brilliance.

I have to respectfully disagree....anybody who remembers the middle sixties into the middle seventies thinks differently....amazing creativity, great rock bands....Motown and funk...much better era musically...and far more pure!

I have to respectfully disagree....anybody who remembers the middle sixties into the middle seventies thinks differently....amazing creativity, great rock bands....Motown and funk...much better era musically...and far more pure!

I would have to respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement. Hated most of the 60's (yes I know, I'm a tone deaf Philistine), but I didn't care for the drug fueled, electric organ playing, protest era). Plus you know....Disco, which will forever be a stain on the 70's. I prefer mid to late 70's through mid 80's. The first rap composition was the day music died.

I would have to respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement. Hated most of the 60's (yes I know, I'm a tone deaf Philistine), but I didn't care for the drug fueled, electric organ playing, protest era). Plus you know....Disco, which will forever be a stain on the 70's. I prefer mid to late 70's through mid 80's. The first rap composition was the day music died.

That’s cool...but I’m pretty I can win this debate on substance...and you jumped right over the amazing Motown and Funk....not to mention the greatest rock bands ever! Music was never more important!

not to mention...the greatest selling acts ever are from that era!

Back
Top Bottom