T.Y Hilton | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

T.Y Hilton

Most people had Egnew a 5th round pick to undrafted... But Ireland always likes to outsmart everyone, likes to pick guys no one else would because he thinks he knows something others don't.

Tannehill is now officially in year three. Potential no longer cuts it. It is time for him to perform at a franchise level or become a backup.

Tannehill put up better numbers than Luck this year...more TDs...more yards...higher completion percentage...yes he threw more INTs and he was sacked for 400 total yards on those 58 sacks...He progressed greatly this year, yes still having issues with his deep ball but he still had a great year...

You know what's even more messed up? The Phins could've had Josh Gordon as well as Hilton on this team. Makes me wanna kick someone in the nuts.

You know what's even more messed up? The Phins could've had Josh Gordon as well as Hilton on this team. Makes me wanna kick someone in the nuts.

We should have jumped on Gordon for a 2nd or 3rd when we had the chance.

Brian Hartline is the new Davone Bess.

We should have jumped on Gordon for a 2nd or 3rd when we had the chance.

Brian Hartline is the new Davone Bess.

how is Hartline the new Bess?? Hartline has put up back to back 1000 yard seasons...and has proved himself to be a valuable target for Tannehill as has Charles Clay...

I swear some posters are bipolar.

Are you kidding? It is like a cycle around here. We are now in the "fire Ireland" phase. Come the draft, we will be in the "elect Ireland for president" phase. By the beginning of next season, we will be in the "maybe Ireland isn't so bright after all" phase. A few weeks into the season reality hits and we are back into the "no, not this **** again" phase.

Some of see reality all year round though, and are now in the current "we're ****ed" phase all year...

If Hilton was on the team he would be just another receiver Tannehill couldn't hit on a deep ball. So, I guess in that regard, hell yeah I would rather Tannehill be under and overthrowing him all over the place whilst costing the team peanuts instead of him missing Wallace while they pay him all that money. Money that could have been used on Andy Levitre and some linebackers who aren't both clueless and allergic to tackling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot think of one playmaker that Ireland has drafted yet. Colts have drafted them. Which is one reason I'm strongly advocating drafting Ebron or some stud receiver if they fall. Those types of players will get open quickly enough to which Tannehill doesn't need the time to make a freaking sandwich, like he currently does.

FWIW, I said Hartline for 30 mil was a terrible signing. You can't spend THAT kind of money on a guy who is THAT kind of athlete at the WR position - not if you want to sit at the grown-up table.

Tannehill is now officially in year three. Potential no longer cuts it. It is time for him to perform at a franchise level or become a backup.

Rodgers didn't play till year 4.
Brees didn't stop sucking ass till year 4
Tom Brady had essentially league average individual stats his first 5 years.

Conversely

Daunte Culpepper in his second year had a year to challange Manning like numbers, and pretty much peaked then.
Rick Mirer was offensive Rookie of the year runner up to Jerome Bettis and held broke and held many Rookie QB records at the time but declined from there.
Vince Young was an all pro, rookie of the year and 31-17 record in his first three years then for all purposes he dropped off the face of the earth.

People need to accept the fact the first two to three years of a QB you have to be willing to take what you can get until the player finds a maintainable level. Tannehill today is not the QB he will be in year 5 and beyond. Luck is not the QB today he will be in year 5 and beyond. There are not enough variables (certainly no same situation variables) in the samples to get an accurate idea who is and who isn't going to be great long term.

Needs offensive line and running backs that can pick up blitzs!!!! He has the weapons on offense to go far in the playoffs.

I agree with your first sentence. But if your second sentence was true, it would make your first sentence false.

We'll hear plenty of "He's only a third year qb with limited college starts" next year should RT not look much better than he does now. I think we still give him another year, but I agree he needs to show progress and quite a bit of it. And by progress, I don't mean just padding his numbers. I mean he has to show better vision, better pocket awareness, and make better decisions. These qualities are difficult to measure and can be very subjective, but without them, a qb doesn't rise above average.

Tannehill put up better numbers than Luck this year...more TDs...more yards...higher completion percentage...yes he threw more INTs and he was sacked for 400 total yards on those 58 sacks...He progressed greatly this year, yes still having issues with his deep ball but he still had a great year...

The Colts averaged almost 20 rushing yards a game more than us, so they didn't have to rely on the passing game to the extent we did. Also, the Colts were 11-5, so I'm betting they weren't behind in the 4th quarter as often as we were, thus weren't forced to go mostly pass at the end of games. Neither of those things is good for a team, but both of those things can contribute to a qbs totals going up. If you watched last night's game, you saw Luck do things on the field in that one game that RT doesn't do, and is perhaps incapable of doing. Luck has the intangibles I mentioned above; RT does not. I wish any comparison of the two were justified but these two players are currently a world apart.

Damn you Jeff Ireland. Many folks here on FH knew Hilton was a solid pick and the phins shouldve had him. Who was the bum Ireland took instead?

This just shows it is all Ireland's fault. Wallace has nothing on TY Hilton. They are not the same type of player. Well, they are but, Hilton gets open deep in a way that Wallace dosent. You understand what Im saying? Did you see Hilton go up and fight for that game winning bomb when he beat the CB by 3 yards to be wide open deep? Well, he made the catch anyway. Wallace dosent do that ****. Just another reason Wallace sucks. Damn you Jeff Ireland. What a scumbag.

Ireland should be fired immediately. He goes and gets a WR who gets open deep the wrong way, pays him a ton of money in the process, all when he couldve had Hilton for next to nothing.

And dont start with the Andrew Luck BS. Andrew Luck is not much different than Tannehill. The stats are almost the same and prove they are not much different unless they are ones Shouright posts. Im talking about real stats like TDs, yards, and stuff or whatever else that suggests they are almost the same player. That throw to Hilton shows it too because whenever Tannehill makes that throw Wallace dosent catch it.

All Ireland's fault this team cant win. We shouldve had Hilton instead of Wallace and he would be getting open deep in that way that causes TDs. You switch the two WRs and the Colts wouldve only won 8 games while we went to the playoffs and scored 45 points. And we beat the Colts anyway. Just imagine how bad we wouldve beaten them if we switched those two players. The WRs that is.

Get Real.

not true... Ireland is a ****ing boss...

see link for proof>>>

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...s-Get-Real-Jeff-Ireland-quot-Like-a-Boss-quot

FWIW, I said Hartline for 30 mil was a terrible signing. You can't spend THAT kind of money on a guy who is THAT kind of athlete at the WR position - not if you want to sit at the grown-up table.

what a guy who runs good routes, gets open and catches it? pretty sure that's the exact job description for a wr. Also if I'm not mistaken its only like 5 million a year.

Back
Top Bottom