Taking being a "FAN" too far | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taking being a "FAN" too far

FemaleFinFan said:
Yeah I ment the musician. I thought the original poster ment the musician too, but I realize now he ment you.

Well, I'm glad it was not me. :D

If you happen to like Metal, don't forget that the Ozman, although contraversial, is one of the founding fathers of Metal.

It's obvious though, that the drugs have taken a toll on him.

Ozzy said:
Well, I'm glad it was not me. :D

If you happen to like Metal, don't forget that the Ozman, although contraversial, is one of the founding fathers of Metal.

It's obvious though, that the drugs have taken a toll on him.

yea, the last time i saw him with Sabbath on the ozzfest tour, it was obvious there just wasn't much to him any more. however, he still can sing. i could see tony iommi keeping it going and just propping Ozzy up in front of the mic. he definitely wouldn't have to worry about personality conflicts any more... :D

MikeO said:
A man in Pittsburgh who was a die-hard Steelers fan died recently. So, how did his wife have him displayed at the funeral home.

Get this.....

She had him put in a recliner with a steelers blanket over his lap. A night-stand next to him with a 6-pack of beer and cigs on it. And a remote control in his hand with a small TV across from him playing Steelers highlights from over the years.

Now I consider myslef a Fins fan. I watch all the games. I buy merchandise. I go to games. But this is taking a "game" a little too far. People who name their kids after players. Or put their family second to "games". Or I dont' know.......when they die get laid out at a funeral home in this fashion are people who should be laughed at, mocked, and ridiculed. I've never seen a more perfect example of the word "LOSER" in my life!

I consider this late gentleman a winner. Being in team pajamas, robe, with the team blanket on you while you are in the recliner with the tv with games playing on it is a lot better than laying in a felt covered pressboard box in a cheap suit with no pockets, that is split up the back, with a cheap tie, cheap socks on your feet and your hands folded up with fake flowers over your gut. This is a much better way to send off the guy than the traditional method.

dolfan3033 said:
I dont get it... maybe you can clarify...

If someone calls a thread garbage because someone disagrees is an intolerable insult to the thread...

but....

If someone calls a guy who wanted to be remembered for what he loved to do after he died a "loser", that is a tolerable insult?

It seems to me that they are both opinions. One person calls this disrespectful garbage, while another calls someone who passed on a loser, yet, the person who thinks this thread is garbage is committing an intolerable offense while the other isn't.

I thought personal insults were against the TOS.. Calling someone a loser is a personal insult.

Who are we to judge how this guy wants to be remembered? If he wanted to be on his head, against the wall, and picking his nose, who are we to judge?

It's his family. Everyone should just leave them alone and let them mourn in their own ways.

I agree as well. It doesn't add up. DD28 nailed it too.

Back
Top Bottom