Taking being a "FAN" too far | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taking being a "FAN" too far

I wouldnt mind having that done for me when I die, just as long as they arent showing highlights from last season..........

TerryTate said:
As much as you disagree with his opinion on this matter, he DOES have an opinion. If this was honestly a "garbage" thread, why don't you ignore it altogether and stay out of it? Don't call him or anybody else's threads you disagree with "garbage." That is an insult and wont be tolerated.

I dont get it... maybe you can clarify...

If someone calls a thread garbage because someone disagrees is an intolerable insult to the thread...

but....

If someone calls a guy who wanted to be remembered for what he loved to do after he died a "loser", that is a tolerable insult?

It seems to me that they are both opinions. One person calls this disrespectful garbage, while another calls someone who passed on a loser, yet, the person who thinks this thread is garbage is committing an intolerable offense while the other isn't.

I thought personal insults were against the TOS.. Calling someone a loser is a personal insult.

Who are we to judge how this guy wants to be remembered? If he wanted to be on his head, against the wall, and picking his nose, who are we to judge?

It's his family. Everyone should just leave them alone and let them mourn in their own ways.

dolfan3033 said:

If someone calls a thread garbage because someone disagrees is an intolerable insult to the thread...

but....

If someone calls a guy who wanted to be remembered for what he loved to do after he died a "loser", that is a tolerable insult?

It seems to me that they are both opinions. One person calls this disrespectful garbage, while another calls someone who passed on a loser, yet, the person who thinks this thread is garbage is committing an intolerable offense while the other isn't.

I thought personal insults were against the TOS.. Calling someone a loser is a personal insult.

Who are we to judge how this guy wants to be remembered? If he wanted to be on his head, against the wall, and picking his nose, who are we to judge?

It's his family. Everyone should just leave them alone and let them mourn in their own ways.
Yeah while you shouldn't call out other posters I find what MikeO said to be very tasteless in the least and he shouldv'e been warned, but I guess its not really against the TOS and I'm not a mod so oh well.

MikeO said:
When someone dies a funeral home with calling hours is so family and friends can come toghther, give a nice send-off, and remember the person they spent so much time with over the years in a dignified way.

Dignified? I don't know about you, but the LAST f'in thing I want is anybody being dignified at MY funeral. I expect the music to be Motley Crue, Iron Maiden and Slayer (and they've GOT to play Do Not Resuscitate by Testament), I want people laughing, drinking, smoking weed, and generally rocking out hard at my funeral.

I mean, if *I* was there, that's what I'd be doing, so why wouldn't I want that for my friends? If my friends are gonna get together, they should have fun.

And forget that monkey suit crap... I want to be buried in a pair of torn up jeans, a Maiden t-shirt and my Dolphins ball-cap.

As far as I'm concerned, this Steelers guy's family should be applauded for having the courage to say "screw tradition" and do something cool.

But that's just me... :-)

MikeO said:
A man in Pittsburgh who was a die-hard Steelers fan died recently. So, how did his wife have him displayed at the funeral home.

Get this.....

She had him put in a recliner with a steelers blanket over his lap. A night-stand next to him with a 6-pack of beer and cigs on it. And a remote control in his hand with a small TV across from him playing Steelers highlights from over the years.

Now I consider myslef a Fins fan. I watch all the games. I buy merchandise. I go to games. But this is taking a "game" a little too far. People who name their kids after players. Or put their family second to "games". Or I dont' know.......when they die get laid out at a funeral home in this fashion are people who should be laughed at, mocked, and ridiculed. I've never seen a more perfect example of the word "LOSER" in my life!
Ummm.....who's the loser here? :shakeno:

MikeO said:
Yeah but that might be because that is the scene of where they actually died! :rofl3:
HA!!!! nice one

MikeO said:
A man in Pittsburgh who was a die-hard Steelers fan died recently. So, how did his wife have him displayed at the funeral home.

Get this.....

She had him put in a recliner with a steelers blanket over his lap. A night-stand next to him with a 6-pack of beer and cigs on it. And a remote control in his hand with a small TV across from him playing Steelers highlights from over the years.

Now I consider myslef a Fins fan. I watch all the games. I buy merchandise. I go to games. But this is taking a "game" a little too far. People who name their kids after players. Or put their family second to "games". Or I dont' know.......when they die get laid out at a funeral home in this fashion are people who should be laughed at, mocked, and ridiculed. I've never seen a more perfect example of the word "LOSER" in my life!

- Maybe he was just sleeping?

DoctorFeelgood said:
Dignified? I don't know about you, but the LAST f'in thing I want is anybody being dignified at MY funeral. I expect the music to be Motley Crue, Iron Maiden and Slayer (and they've GOT to play Do Not Resuscitate by Testament), I want people laughing, drinking, smoking weed, and generally rocking out hard at my funeral.

I mean, if *I* was there, that's what I'd be doing, so why wouldn't I want that for my friends? If my friends are gonna get together, they should have fun.

And forget that monkey suit crap... I want to be buried in a pair of torn up jeans, a Maiden t-shirt and my Dolphins ball-cap.

As far as I'm concerned, this Steelers guy's family should be applauded for having the courage to say "screw tradition" and do something cool.

But that's just me... :-)

- When you going? Can someone call me?

Ozzy said:
Well, almost every parent in the universe names their kids after someone, so why not someone they were a fan of? Football, Music, School Teacher, or whomever.

I read the whole thread before making my reply, and I really am a little disturbed by your responses. Why you would laugh, or ridicule anyone is beyond me, much less do this to a man who is dead. He can't even reach out and smack your (_)_) which is what you deserve for passing such a harsh judgement on ANYONE!!! Don't take it as an I wanna beat you up post either. I'm just making a point........

Also why is it that you have to "consider" yourself a fins fan? You either are or you not!

:lol: Ozzy is slowly but surely restoring my faith in the elderly. No offense. I mean elderly as compared to me.

dolfan3033 said:

but....

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. The mods are always telling you to "attack the post, not the poster."

Now we can't do either?? :confused:

not that big of a deal. I would rather laugh at people who live by a folktale (religion).

MikeO said:
When someone dies a funeral home with calling hours is so family and friends can come toghther, give a nice send-off, and remember the person they spent so much time with over the years in a dignified way.

When you want to be remembered as a guy who sat in a recliner, with beer, cigs, and a remote watching NFL football, I think theirs something seriously wrong with that. Is all you want to be remembered for is being a couch potato watching NFL?

As opposed to what? Putting him in a suit and tie even though he rarely if ever wore one? If the guy wanted to be remembered as the biggest Steeler fan ever, thats his choice. In fact, some would say that remembering him the way he really was is a lot more dignified than trying to fabricate some image that wasnt even close to the way he lived.

Edit:
After reading further through this thread...I gotta say that the warning about calling a THREAD "garbage" has me a bit confused too. The advice given was to just not respond if he disagreed with the post? So, if somebody posts "Move Zach to Cornerback", we arent allowed to respond by saying "thats the dumbest post Ive ever read" ?
I dunno...seems a bit overboard to me.

PassRush said:
:lol: Ozzy is slowly but surely restoring my faith in the elderly. No offense. I mean elderly as compared to me.

Thats funny cause I'm finding him an embarassment to the entire metal genre.:shakeno:
But I guess thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom