Taking being a "FAN" too far | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taking being a "FAN" too far

Wow what is wrong with people, that is just crazy. I'm glad I have arranged something simple for me, I am going to be cremated in my Marino Jersey and then spread across Dan's front yard. :lol:

It was either that or be sprinkled over the turf at Joe Robbie(Dolphins Stadium), I was afraid I would wind up in the Marlins infield though.

MikeO said:
A man in Pittsburgh who was a die-hard Steelers fan died recently. So, how did his wife have him displayed at the funeral home.

Get this.....

She had him put in a recliner with a steelers blanket over his lap. A night-stand next to him with a 6-pack of beer and cigs on it. And a remote control in his hand with a small TV across from him playing Steelers highlights from over the years.

Now I consider myslef a Fins fan. I watch all the games. I buy merchandise. I go to games. But this is taking a "game" a little too far. People who name their kids after players. Or put their family second to "games". Or I dont' know.......when they die get laid out at a funeral home in this fashion are people who should be laughed at, mocked, and ridiculed. I've never seen a more perfect example of the word "LOSER" in my life!

i think its really sad and gross that you have to disrespect someone who just passed away... you should of kept this one to yourself... maybe your just jealous because his family respected his passion of sports and yours doesnt respect you at all... at least i wouldnt after a post like this

touborg said:
It happens that people have their ashes spread at soccer stadiums here in Europe.

Yeah but that might be because that is the scene of where they actually died! :rofl3:

That is so wrong. I think getting buried in your fave Dolphin's jersey would be ok though. :D

MikeO said:
Yeah but that might be because that is the scene of where they actually died! :rofl3:

...Man your flaming BAD today!! You should just take some time off to recoup your bad jokes and bad opinions..

TerryTate said:
HE arranged this since he knew he was gonna die within a few weeks-months beforehand.
Yeah I don't understand whos business it is to judge this mans wishes. Even if his own family didn't like it(they didn't mind) if its that mans wishes good for him.

MikeO said:
A man in Pittsburgh who was a die-hard Steelers fan died recently. So, how did his wife have him displayed at the funeral home.

Get this.....

She had him put in a recliner with a steelers blanket over his lap. A night-stand next to him with a 6-pack of beer and cigs on it. And a remote control in his hand with a small TV across from him playing Steelers highlights from over the years.

Now I consider myslef a Fins fan. I watch all the games. I buy merchandise. I go to games. But this is taking a "game" a little too far. People who name their kids after players. Or put their family second to "games". Or I dont' know.......when they die get laid out at a funeral home in this fashion are people who should be laughed at, mocked, and ridiculed. I've never seen a more perfect example of the word "LOSER" in my life!

I have more of a problem with a person who would call another a "loser" for having a harmless passion then I do with the Steelers' fan that is the topic of this thread.

rafael said:
I have more of a problem with a person who would call another a "loser" for having a harmless passion then I do with the Steelers' fan that is the topic of this thread.

bingo

When I die I want my body taken to Dolphins Stadium during a Dolphins game. Then I want them to take me to the field, strap me on to the back of whoever the current stud RB is at the time, and have him run while carrying me on his back all the way to the end zone. After that, someone unstraps me...lifts me up...stands behind me and manipulates my body to make it look like I'm doing a touchdown celebration dance. Now that's a way to go out.

Well, if you cannot die doing something funny, its not a bad Plan B to have your corpse set up in an amusing fashion for the world to see.

ether79 said:
Yeah I don't understand whos business it is to judge this mans wishes. Even if his own family didn't like it(they didn't mind) if its that mans wishes good for him.

Agreed. This is what I love about these message boards, people who think they know best for people telling what they think they should and should not do.

MikeO said:

Well, almost every parent in the universe names their kids after someone, so why not someone they were a fan of? Football, Music, School Teacher, or whomever.

I read the whole thread before making my reply, and I really am a little disturbed by your responses. Why you would laugh, or ridicule anyone is beyond me, much less do this to a man who is dead. He can't even reach out and smack your (_)_) which is what you deserve for passing such a harsh judgement on ANYONE!!! Don't take it as an I wanna beat you up post either. I'm just making a point........

Also why is it that you have to "consider" yourself a fins fan? You either are or you not!

Back
Top Bottom