Talent Vs Coaching | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talent Vs Coaching

Ryan1973

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
I know the Dolphins lack talent but I also think bad coaching as contributed to the demise of this team over the last couple of decades. Just look at Minkah Fitzpatrick for example. He looked great with the Steelers yesterday and never played like that for the Dolphins. Kenny Stills is another example. He is looking good with the Texans and never did that much with the Dolphins. I just think the coaches the Dolphins have had for the last 20 years have no clue how to utilize their players correctly like other teams know how to do. Nick Saban probably could have if he stayed here more than one season. That combine with bad drafting and not being able to develop the players is the reason the Dolphins have stunk for so long.

I know the Dolphins lack talent but I also think bad coaching as contributed to the demise of this team over the last couple of decades. Just look at Minkah Fitzpatrick for example. He looked great with the Steelers yesterday and never played like that for the Dolphins. Kenny Stills is another example. He is looking good with the Texans and never did that much with the Dolphins. I just think the coaches the Dolphins have had for the last 20 years have no clue how to utilize their players correctly like other teams know how to do. Nick Saban probably could have if he stayed here more than one season. That combine with bad drafting and not being able to develop the players is the reason the Dolphins have stunk for so long.

Wow, done reading after that. lol This is completely inaccurate. Do you truly think we get a 1st for this dude if he'd never played like he did yesterday? He wasn't even spectacular.

Minkah happened to play great and they lost anyway.

I'll take that first, which is currently the #4 pick in the draft, thank you very much~

Miami has been looking for a young Don Shula type coach ever since the real Shula retired.

You look at the NFL now and it's so much about coaching, maybe more than ever with teams "essentially" having equal talent due to the salary cap. Coaches like Bellichick, Carol, Reed, John Harbaugh, Payton etc. win every year.

So far, Flores is off to a very bad start although the obvious lack of talent doesn't help. It's one thing to lose, but to be blown out every week just shows he's not there yet. Maybe he can rebound, but it's probably not likely he's here when the Dolphins finally put the pieces together.

Wow, done reading after that. lol This is completely inaccurate. Do you truly think we get a 1st for this dude if he'd never played like he did yesterday? He wasn't even spectacular.

I guarantee you he will play way better with the Steelers than he did here. You know why? They have better coaches who won't tell him he has to play four different positions. That was my whole point starting this thread. The coaches the Dolphins have had suck and have no clue how to utilize the players they have.

Let’s be real. Minkah played good, but all he did was just take advantage of plays that were there for the taking, a pick that went right to him and making a guy fumble on a basic tackle. On the other hand we’d be singing his praises if he did what he did yesterday for the dolphins. Until I see him tackling better and not getting burned routinely, I’ll still be convinced Miami made the right move.

most of our coaches have never been in the position they are now, and we've lost 59-10, 43-0, and 31-6.
but it will get better when they get talent, because...it just will.
maybe it will. but winning better, or just more competitive better?

Overreaction. Flores and staff is doing fine just inexperienced. First game was rough but last two the team came in prepared with a solid game plan. Unfortunately the lack of talent combined with inexperienced staff has made the more talented, more experienced coaches pull away towards the 2nd half. We’ll see towards the end of the year as he gains more experience make better adjustments come half time. Dealing with one of the worst rosters ever combined with first year coaching staff, cut some breaks here.

It's one thing to not have the horses to win the race it's another to not even be able to get your horse in line to race. The way we're losing its the players AND the coaches. Hopefully Flores learns & improves from his rookie year and next year will tell a different story.

Overreaction. Flores and staff is doing fine just inexperienced. First game was rough but last two the team came in prepared with a solid game plan. Unfortunately the lack of talent combined with inexperienced staff has made the more talented, more experienced coaches pull away towards the 2nd half. We’ll see towards the end of the year as he gains more experience make better adjustments come half time. Dealing with one of the worst rosters ever combined with first year coaching staff, cut some breaks here.

The point I was making is just not about this current coaching staff. It's about all the coaches the Dolphins have had in like the last 20 years. It's been the lack of coaching as well as the lack of talent that has been a constant problem.

It's one thing to not have the horses to win the race it's another to not even be able to get your horse in line to race. The way we're losing its the players AND the coaches. Hopefully Flores learns & improves from his rookie year and next year will tell a different story.
I’m seeing improvement, played with New England and Dallas for a half each. Penalties getting better, tackling improved. Offensive play calling is eh, I wanna see less Ballage for sure going forward. Special Teams took a step back which was disappointing. Tank season or not, Flores needs to get rid of Matt Shaank. An upgrade is on the street somewhere.

I guarantee you he will play way better with the Steelers than he did here. You know why? They have better coaches who won't tell him he has to play four different positions. That was my whole point starting this thread. The coaches the Dolphins have had suck and have no clue how to utilize the players they have.

Okayyyyyy. So you just let the colors show. You didn't see Minkah play yesterday. Because Steelers in fact had him playing 4 different positions. His pick wasn't a great play or anything. You're such a stat watcher. You can't make conclusions based on stats in the NFL.

BTW, our defensive back field looked 10x better yesterday, then it did with Minkah for the first two games. Shocker.

Steelers coaching staff is SOOOO good, that they have way more talent than Miami, yet is only 3 spots better defensively. Swap talent and Miamis staff would out coach the steelers defensive staff 7 days a week.

The point I was making is just not about this current coaching staff. It's about all the coaches the Dolphins have had in like the last 20 years. It's been the lack of coaching as well as the lack of talent that has been a constant problem.

Well sure if we had a good coaching staff, they’d be here. I don’t think anyone’s going to argue that we’ve had bad coaches last 20 years but let’s not lump this staff in after 3 games just because pat coaches have sucked.

Back
Top Bottom