Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEAVYHITTER

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi all Dolfans. i rarely post on the site I ususally just suck up all the information and laugh and some of the disagreements and some of the assumptions. Now to the good stuff

I am from Norfolk Virginia, been a Dolphins fans since 1972 when i was born, i go to about 2 games a year

I was in the Outer banks Of North Carolina today, (Nags Head)
and i was in a furniture store with my wife. I just so happened to have on a Dolphins Jersey.

This lady comes up from behind me and says sir, sir, like 3 times, i tried to ignore her because i thought it was a salseman.

I turned around and she said are you a big Dolphins fan. I said yes I am.

She said my son is Mark Dixon , do you know who he is.

Shoot I started to run off his whole bi, UVA,CFL, so on and so on.

I think this impressed her so she started to just tell meall kinds of information about him personally and with the Dolphins.

First of all she said that his dream was to play for Jimmy Johnson and he got to do that, she said he is a better basketball player than football player, she said he either just got divored or is getting divorced, he has 2 daughters and she was just down in Davie watching the girls while he was at mini camp.

I asked her how things are going with him at tackle. She said he prefers guard but he is ok with it and she said the Dolphins have treated him gret with the injuries he has had an all.

She said he loved Marino he was a class act.

I asked he what he thought of Fiedler, and she made this face like she just ate some ****.

So i said is it his ability or personality that he doesnt like, she said BOTH.

She said that he is always talking about Junior Seau, that this guy is unbelievable and he will make a difference with the tem this year.

She said some other stuff but that was the jist of it, I was so stunned after this that i almost could not believe it.

His mother was driving a silver Volvo with N. Carolina plates on it

Apparently his family moved to Carolina when he went to UVA and they lived in OBX, she said he used to cut grass for a local golf course there and he was home not to long ago and was talking to a local school or something.

Well this is one of those experiences that i will never forget

Re: Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Originally posted by HEAVYHITTER

I asked he what he thought of Fiedler, and she made this face like she just ate some ****.

When I woke up this morning, I never would've thought my day would have ended with me wanting to have punched Mark Dixon's mom in the face.

My only question would be...why would he not like Jay?

Very interesting though.

Well, he sure hides it well when he talks to the media/radio.

I really do not believe that. I seriously don't. His mom knows she should not start a team controversy and she won't. Or else her infinite money source is gone...

I agree, that's BS. What is wrong with Jay's personality?? I mean we really don't know him, but it's not like he's arrogant, or selfish.

Well, who knows what goes on behind close doors? Maybe something happened with those 2 that we don't know about. Or maybe he was spoiled playing with Marino. It could be anything. What matters is for them to leave it off the field.

Ozzy rules!!

the general public just does not like JF. i see it everywhere. the reason is that he is just not a sexy QB and he can easily be blamed for everything. But donovan mcnabb or brett farve will never be blamed for failing to win an important playoff game. just wont happen. even if someone does, that person will get dissed by others for thinking so. Its much the same thing as marino. marino never got blamed for anything yet he threw alot of interceptions that lost us games.

Its simple, jay is not your typical sexy QB. especially with women.
jay could win the next 16 games and people will say that jay fiedler can play QB in the NFL but would never give him the light of day as far as notoriety. jay fiedler gets made fun of instead of respected. I have heard dolphins fans at preseason games at the sports bar mock his ears out loud in front of everyone. Now, its not bad when someone does that in casual conversation, but to scream it out just shows you the respect he gets, or doesnt get.

But the fact remains, JF is the winningest QB the last three years.

I have heard Jay is not very outgoing and doesn't really want anything to do with other people, and that he is the type of person who will turn you away if you ask him for an autograph on the street and maybe Dixon doesn't like that. Of course, I may just be completely wrong. I don't think the guy is lying about it, and it isn't like his mom is telling this to the media, she is telling this to one person, this isn't exactly going to start controversy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I have heard Jay is not very outgoing and doesn't really want anything to do with other people, and that he is the type of person who will turn you away if you ask him for an autograph on the street and maybe Dixon doesn't like that. Of course, I may just be completely wrong. I don't think the guy is lying about it, and it isn't like his mom is telling this to the media, she is telling this to one person, this isn't exactly going to start controversy.

If it were so, i would not blame jay. he gets picked on for his ears and such out in public. that would pretty much make me pissed off. But people perceptions are just that. If a person goes up to ricky while he is eating dinner with his babe and ricky turns them away, is he an as#*ole? The way society treats the pretty person over the not so pretty is undeniably unfair. that is the real story behind jay fiedler.

Doug flutie goes in and does a bottleg to win the game and suddenly he is god. Jay beats the raiders at the buzzer and he gets on the cover and he is a jinx.

Originally posted by Stamos

Wanna bet?

who won more? tell us, educate us. dont just give two words that dont mean anything.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Actually this is far from the truth. I recently attended Jay Fiedlers charity event last month and this guy was the most approachable guy i have ever met. He took an hour before just to sign autographs and during the event, he went around mingling with the crowd. I thought he was an extremely nice guy. But honestly i wouldnt blame him if he was rude to people... look at the way people treat him!

Re: Re: Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Originally posted by Stamos

When I woke up this morning, I never would've thought my day would have ended with me wanting to have punched Mark Dixon's mom in the face.

ROTFLMAO!!

Very funny!

My feelings exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom