Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by finfan54
the general public just does not like JF. i see it everywhere. the reason is that he is just not a sexy QB and he can easily be blamed for everything. But donovan mcnabb or brett farve will never be blamed for failing to win an important playoff game. just wont happen. even if someone does, that person will get dissed by others for thinking so. Its much the same thing as marino. marino never got blamed for anything yet he threw alot of interceptions that lost us games.

Its simple, jay is not your typical sexy QB. especially with women.
jay could win the next 16 games and people will say that jay fiedler can play QB in the NFL but would never give him the light of day as far as notoriety. jay fiedler gets made fun of instead of respected. I have heard dolphins fans at preseason games at the sports bar mock his ears out loud in front of everyone. Now, its not bad when someone does that in casual conversation, but to scream it out just shows you the respect he gets, or doesnt get.

But the fact remains, JF is the winningest QB the last three years.

This doesn't make sense to me....are you saying people don't like Jay because he isn't sexy?? I think more men watch sports than women and I highly doubt (and hope) that any would consider an erection as criteria for liking one QB over another!

Last edited by a moderator:
well believe what you want, but i saw her reaction when i asked her about fiedler, just giving information on what i saw. this is what im talkin about on this board someone tells you exactly what they saw, and all the know it alls dispute it, like statements of i dont believe that or something like that. Well anyway that was the conversation guys. Cant anyone just believe that he doesnt like Fiedler sounds like some of your are sweet on Fiedler especially the guy that makes the sexy qb statement!

Of course he does'nt tell the media that he does not like JF. What would happen then. It would be a big mess and they would cut him. Some of you guys kill me. HEAVYHITTER is kind enough to come here and spend his time telling us an interesting story and you guys are like. "no way that happened" or "she is lying". Where you there? Nope! There can be many reasons he does'nt like him. Most of these guys say what they have to say to the media to keep everything calm.

Originally posted by WeVie
Of course he does'nt tell the media that he does not like JF. What would happen then. It would be a big mess and they would cut him. Some of you guys kill me. HEAVYHITTER is kind enough to come here and spend his time telling us an interesting story and you guys are like. "no way that happened" or "she is lying". Where you there? Nope! There can be many reasons he does'nt like him. Most of these guys say what they have to say to the media to keep everything calm.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. i was beginning to wonder if there was anyone else that's "levelheaded" !! :)

He had SOB over for dinner, he cant be all that un approachable. I wonder if we went back and looked at film how many of Js injuries were inflicted by Dixons guy. Maybe he'll let a nasty DE through to kill J when Brians finally ready

Originally posted by bryan allen
He had SOB over for dinner, he cant be all that un approachable. I wonder if we went back and looked at film how many of Js injuries were inflicted by Dixons guy. Maybe he'll let a nasty DE through to kill J when Brians finally ready

Yeah, maybe he will risk the integrity of his own career so that he can get Brian in there.Or maybe the NFL will come up with a new rule stating that no one by the name of Jay Fiedler can play in a Miami Dolphins uniform. Or maybe a giant bird will swoop down and take Jay Fiedler away. Or maybe posters will get a life, and stop making references to players being killed.

What is kinda odd is that this totally goes against my thoughts of Mark Dixon being a no nonsense type of guy.

Hasn't he gone out of his way to praise Fiedler in the past? I could have sworn I read some quote from Dixon about Fiedler being the guy.

Why would his Moms put his feelings out there like that? It doesn't bode well for someone like Mark who has claimed to want to stay in Miami. In other words, it isn't in his best interests and it could have potentially harmed him or the team if the guy she told this to happened to be a reporter from the New York Times on vacation.

Maybe that wasn't his mother, but some crazed Jets fan??

Re: Re: Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Originally posted by Stamos

When I woke up this morning, I never would've thought my day would have ended with me wanting to have punched Mark Dixon's mom in the face.

Wow... I guess this isnt America any more and people arent allowed freedom of choice.. Everyone has to love Jay or get punched in the face..

Never was that way. People have to be politically correct or they get others and their ownass cooked.

Originally posted by Superself

This doesn't make sense to me....are you saying people don't like Jay because he isn't sexy?? I think more men watch sports than women and I highly doubt (and hope) that any would consider an erection as criteria for liking one QB over another!

I don't think finfan meant sexy in terms of sex. Men and women treat attractive people better, regardless of their gender. This has been shown in several studies. More attractive people are more likely to get the benefit of the doubt. With famous people a large part of our perception of them is based on appearance. People expect a QB to look a certain way, if a QB doesn't then he is more likely to be criticized. IMO if JF won several championships and even had an undefeated season, there would still be a large portion of the population that would not give him credit.

Re: Re: Re: Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Originally posted by Jeep

Wow... I guess this isnt America any more and people arent allowed freedom of choice.. Everyone has to love Jay or get punched in the face..

ROTFLMAO... you are to funny..
Love jay or get punched in the face... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My only comment on the matter is this: I don't care if it was Mark Dixon's mom, Dan Marino's mom, or Dave Wannstedt's mom, she should learn to keep her mouth shut. If this was, in fact, Dixon's mother and she did make those comments, what a complete and utter moron. Why would someone go up to a total stranger, solicit a conversation, and yield these types of answers? It's just wrong regardless of whose mom she was.

If she is Dixon's mom, I'm sure she has a lot of friends and famiily members to whom she can vent, but doing so to total strangers in furniture stores is just assnine.

Re: Re: Re: Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Originally posted by Jeep

Here he is folks, defender of the everyone else's opinion. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute, man! Dixon may or may not like Fiedler on a personal level but at least he blocks good for him. I mean, let's just say the guy hated Fiedler, why has Fiedler stayed upright for so many games? And don't say because Perry, Ruddy, and Wade keep him well off. You may not like your QB, but you have to respect him as a leader either way or you can't be considered a team. (revenge is the sweetest joy next to getting p***y.) -2pac

While mom might have just been trying to make conversation, keep in mind she may have misunderstood something Dixon said, or that she was overplaying it. If it's not from the horses mouth take it with a grain of salt.......

Either way Fiedler is our QB and publicly Dixon is doing everything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom