Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Expo88
My only comment on the matter is this: I don't care if it was Mark Dixon's mom, Dan Marino's mom, or Dave Wannstedt's mom, she should learn to keep her mouth shut. If this was, in fact, Dixon's mother and she did make those comments, what a complete and utter moron. Why would someone go up to a total stranger, solicit a conversation, and yield these types of answers? It's just wrong regardless of whose mom she was.

If she is Dixon's mom, I'm sure she has a lot of friends and famiily members to whom she can vent, but doing so to total strangers in furniture stores is just assnine.

I was going to write something almost exactly like this. She comes up to a guy and starts a convo about who Dixon likes and doesn't like, knowing full well a Dolphin fan is gonna ask what he thinks of the starting QB who's has a tumultuous career here, and spits out some crap answer like that. Either she is just a fool or really needs to learn to shut up.

To be quite honest with you, I didn't much care for alot of my teammates personalities off the field, but on the field we were all in it together and were one family.

First off..

My parents never know my real opinion of anyone. And even what I tell them doesnt mean that is the 100% truth. There are many different cases that could explain Dix's mothers reaction to the Fiedler question.

Maybe in previous seasons when they failed to come up with a play, Fiedler was talking s#it to the O-line or DIX about a block.. If Dix complained once to her about Jay she may have a tainted image of him..

Just because Dix's mother believes it doesn't make it a fact.

Second..

My opinion of the story is that this lady was being nice and cordial and was sharing information to a genuine fan.. (He even spouted off specific's of Dix's career prior to the Dolphins).. She doesnt have to keep her mouth shut, she didn't share anything out of line that I can see.. I would have loved to be in the topic poster's place jawing with Mark Dixon's mom, or Ricky Williams babysitter, or anyone for that matter.

Third..

At a charity event that Jay is involved in, of course he is going to be nice.. That is the whole point... That cannot be the basis for the fact that Jay Fiedler is nice or not.

Jay invited SOB over for dinner. Im willing to bet that Jay IS a nice guy, but maybe not quite the socialite that the media would like. Signing autographs doesnt make the team gel together better. Inviting a new teammate over to get to know each other better does.

Fourth..

These football players come from ALL different backgrounds and are ALL different types of people. They do not all get along. That isn't the point. The point is playing together as a team. There are plenty of people I work with that I don't like but I can conduct a professional relationship with them. Sometimes working with someone you don't like works better because you aren't going to let them off as easily when they make a mistake as you would with a friend.

..now that Ive spewed my babble, carryon. :D

I am going to go to a game or a training camp and shout so Dixon can here

"Dixon, Hey Dixon, how come your momma told me you don't like Fiedler at a grocery store in VA"

Originally posted by FumanChu
First off..

My parents never know my real opinion of anyone. And even what I tell them doesnt mean that is the 100% truth. There are many different cases that could explain Dix's mothers reaction to the Fiedler question.

Maybe in previous seasons when they failed to come up with a play, Fiedler was talking s#it to the O-line or DIX about a block.. If Dix complained once to her about Jay she may have a tainted image of him..

Just because Dix's mother believes it doesn't make it a fact.

Second..

My opinion of the story is that this lady was being nice and cordial and was sharing information to a genuine fan.. (He even spouted off specific's of Dix's career prior to the Dolphins).. She doesnt have to keep her mouth shut, she didn't share anything out of line that I can see.. I would have loved to be in the topic poster's place jawing with Mark Dixon's mom, or Ricky Williams babysitter, or anyone for that matter.

Third..

At a charity event that Jay is involved in, of course he is going to be nice.. That is the whole point... That cannot be the basis for the fact that Jay Fiedler is nice or not.

Jay invited SOB over for dinner. Im willing to bet that Jay IS a nice guy, but maybe not quite the socialite that the media would like. Signing autographs doesnt make the team gel together better. Inviting a new teammate over to get to know each other better does.

Fourth..

These football players come from ALL different backgrounds and are ALL different types of people. They do not all get along. That isn't the point. The point is playing together as a team. There are plenty of people I work with that I don't like but I can conduct a professional relationship with them. Sometimes working with someone you don't like works better because you aren't going to let them off as easily when they make a mistake as you would with a friend.

..now that Ive spewed my babble, carryon. :D

I agree with most of what you've said but I still don't agree with someone starting a conversation with a random stranger and spewing out controversial inside information; it's just not right and I'm sure it wouldn't be appreciated by Mark Dixon.

On the other hand, after having some time to reflect on this, we all sit around here hoping that someone gives us a bit of information like this so I suppose it's a double-edged sword in that respect.

Oh well, if it was Dixon's mom (this isn't a shot at the poster just natural hearsay skepticism) and she did spout off at that mouth, at least we now know a tiny bit more about the team dynamic than we did a couple of hours ago; that could be good or bad.

In any case, I've heard from several people who've met Fiedler that he is a very nice individual and very down to Earth however, no matter how nice and how down to Earth someone is, they're going to rub someone the wrong way and, perhaps, Dixon and Fiedler just come from such disparate backgrounds and have such different personalities that they're not "best buds." As long as they have the same goal in mind (Super Bowl) and as long as they respect each other on the field, nothing else really matters right?
:up:

TYPING IN BOLD TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!

I WANT TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS SO CAN ANYONE IN SOUTH FLORIDA CALL JIM MANDICH'S SHOW (Its Radio 560 AM) AND CALL AND SAY "MY FRIEND IN VA TOLD ME HE TALKED TO MARK DIXON'S MOM AND WHEN HE ASKED HER ABOUT JAY FIEDLER SHE MADE A FACE AND MY FRIEND SAID WHY DOESN"T HE LIKE JAY? PERSONALITY OR ABILITY? THEN SHE SAID BOTH. WHATS UP WITH THAT?"

AND EITHER MANDICH WOULD KNOW AND TELL YOU THE ANSWER OR HE WOULD GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT AND FIND OUT FOR YOU.

Maybe SHE doesn't like fieldler.

Calling Mandich would be making too much of a fuss about that little coment woudn't it Prime Time?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was having a private conversation with someone I happened to run into, I would hope that the person has the discretion and good sense not to go post the content of that conversation on a message board for thousands to see.

First of all why are we all believing that that was really his mom?

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
If I was having a private conversation with someone I happened to run into, I would hope that the person has the discretion and good sense not to go post the content of that conversation on a message board for thousands to see.

...you'd trust complete strangers to adhere to this?

No offense to the poster, but I don't believe that was Dixon's mother. Either that or his mother is a d*mn nut.

I think some people post info here that's very informative, and some post stuff about the fins just to get an arguement going then they vanish, laughing to the fact we will debate the nonsense in their absense. Jack-a**es!!

well like i said believ what you want , about this being his mother, i was trying to share some info, SORRY!

Originally posted by HEAVYHITTER
well like i said believ what you want , about this being his mother, i was trying to share some info, SORRY!

Don't sweat it dude. I'm sure that a lot of the issue is related to the fact that you are new here, and your screen name isn't familiar to anyone. Had this same info come from someone who posts all of the time, I don't think it would've been as big of an issue. People are probably a bit skeptical coming from a newbie.

Originally posted by lereux
Maybe SHE doesn't like fieldler.

Took the words right off my keyboard!!!

She probably hates his ears!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom