Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

You're enjoying this aren't you Justa..Okay everybody pull up and let's watch.:eat:

Enjoying what?:confused:

Wow ... I go away to Seattle for a week, and look what happens. This has to be one of the most bizarre threads ever.

My take on the situation is that Mrs. Dixon just wanted to brag on her baby a bit while at the same time connecting with a fan. I was struck by how many posters distorted the original post to make it sound like Mrs. D. initiated smack about Jay Fiedler. Heavy Hitter just asked how Dixon felt about Fiedler, and Mrs. D. made a face. One page of posts later, she's morphed into the Assistant Webmaster of startbriangriese.com. Very interesting .... almost interesting enought to write a column about.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
.... I was struck by how many posters distorted the original post to make it sound like Mrs. D. initiated smack about Jay Fiedler. Heavy Hitter just asked how Dixon felt about Fiedler, and Mrs. D. made a face. One page of posts later, she's morphed into the Assistant Webmaster of startbriangriese.com.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It is amusing....

Funny post DrAstro. Even funnier is that some of these posters may actually be logged on to that site right now to see if they can find any clues as to whether she or Dixon himself actually are the webmaster. Determined to find the source of the anti Fiedler conspiracy. :lol:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I have heard Jay is not very outgoing and doesn't really want anything to do with other people, and that he is the type of person who will turn you away if you ask him for an autograph on the street and maybe Dixon doesn't like that. Of course, I may just be completely wrong. I don't think the guy is lying about it, and it isn't like his mom is telling this to the media, she is telling this to one person, this isn't exactly going to start controversy.

That goes against anything I've ever heard about Jay. As far as autographs go, there was a report by ESPN ealier this year during voluntary workouts( I think) about Jay staying after signing autographs and when he was leaving some (IMO classless) fans were chanting Griese's name.

I think if anything he has an extremly high tolerance for people.

Exactly....Jay goes to a Heat game and gets booed. He has done nothing but win for this organization and still doesnt get the respect! I wouldnt sign autographs for these people either, probably the same people calling for Lucas last year! And if Feidler even cared about what people have said about him, he would of crumbled a long time ago....As Mad Dog would say..."Hes got some major stones". This just shows his character and heart he has in winning for this organization!

Never saw a responce to the disagreement about Jay being the winningest QB.

I agree with most of what you've said but I still don't agree with someone starting a conversation with a random stranger and spewing out controversial inside information

I don't agree. This was a fan wearing a jersey in a furnature store...he wasn't a hidden reporter from SI trying to get a "scoop" from a loose lipped Mom....All he did was post a conversation on a internet BB. Big deal. It's not like he ran to the Sun Sentinal with this 411...
So she made a face. Big deal. If given the choice between playing with Marino or Fiedler I'd make a face too. :tongue:

This reminds me of last summer when I spent a evening in a bar :drinker: with a Major League pitcher. I reported the evening and conversation at a Baseball site and got jumped all over for some of the stuff the guy told me.
HEY-don't shoot the messenger!!!

Re: Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Originally posted by HEAVYHITTER
Hi all Dolfans. i rarely post on the site I ususally just suck up all the information and laugh and some of the disagreements and some of the assumptions. Now to the good stuff

I am from Norfolk Virginia, been a Dolphins fans since 1972 when i was born, i go to about 2 games a year

I was in the Outer banks Of North Carolina today, (Nags Head)
and i was in a furniture store with my wife. I just so happened to have on a Dolphins Jersey.

This lady comes up from behind me and says sir, sir, like 3 times, i tried to ignore her because i thought it was a salseman.

I turned around and she said are you a big Dolphins fan. I said yes I am.

She said my son is Mark Dixon , do you know who he is.

Shoot I started to run off his whole bi, UVA,CFL, so on and so on.

I think this impressed her so she started to just tell meall kinds of information about him personally and with the Dolphins.

First of all she said that his dream was to play for Jimmy Johnson and he got to do that, she said he is a better basketball player than football player, she said he either just got divored or is getting divorced, he has 2 daughters and she was just down in Davie watching the girls while he was at mini camp.

I asked her how things are going with him at tackle. She said he prefers guard but he is ok with it and she said the Dolphins have treated him gret with the injuries he has had an all.

She said he loved Marino he was a class act.

I asked he what he thought of Fiedler, and she made this face like she just ate some ****.

So i said is it his ability or personality that he doesnt like, she said BOTH.

She said that he is always talking about Junior Seau, that this guy is unbelievable and he will make a difference with the tem this year.

She said some other stuff but that was the jist of it, I was so stunned after this that i almost could not believe it.

His mother was driving a silver Volvo with N. Carolina plates on it

Apparently his family moved to Carolina when he went to UVA and they lived in OBX, she said he used to cut grass for a local golf course there and he was home not to long ago and was talking to a local school or something.

Well this is one of those experiences that i will never forget

:sleep:

Re: Talked With Mark Dixon"s Mom!!!!!

Originally posted by HEAVYHITTER
Hi all Dolfans. i rarely post on the site I ususally just suck up all the information and laugh and some of the disagreements and some of the assumptions. Now to the good stuff

I am from Norfolk Virginia, been a Dolphins fans since 1972 when i was born, i go to about 2 games a year

I was in the Outer banks Of North Carolina today, (Nags Head)
and i was in a furniture store with my wife. I just so happened to have on a Dolphins Jersey.

This lady comes up from behind me and says sir, sir, like 3 times, i tried to ignore her because i thought it was a salseman.

I turned around and she said are you a big Dolphins fan. I said yes I am.

She said my son is Mark Dixon , do you know who he is.

Shoot I started to run off his whole bi, UVA,CFL, so on and so on.

I think this impressed her so she started to just tell meall kinds of information about him personally and with the Dolphins.

First of all she said that his dream was to play for Jimmy Johnson and he got to do that, she said he is a better basketball player than football player, she said he either just got divored or is getting divorced, he has 2 daughters and she was just down in Davie watching the girls while he was at mini camp.

I asked her how things are going with him at tackle. She said he prefers guard but he is ok with it and she said the Dolphins have treated him gret with the injuries he has had an all.

She said he loved Marino he was a class act.

I asked he what he thought of Fiedler, and she made this face like she just ate some ****.

So i said is it his ability or personality that he doesnt like, she said BOTH.

She said that he is always talking about Junior Seau, that this guy is unbelievable and he will make a difference with the tem this year.

She said some other stuff but that was the jist of it, I was so stunned after this that i almost could not believe it.

His mother was driving a silver Volvo with N. Carolina plates on it

Apparently his family moved to Carolina when he went to UVA and they lived in OBX, she said he used to cut grass for a local golf course there and he was home not to long ago and was talking to a local school or something.

Well this is one of those experiences that i will never forget

Sorry I don't believe you. All the public statements I have ever heard Dixon regarding Fiedler has been above and beyond PC. He said once Fiedler came back and won the Raiders game in 2001 that was it for him and the team, Fiedler was their QB.

You either talked to someone who was not Dixon's mom, Dixon has been lying all this time, or you made this whole thing up.

Oliver...

I think someone is just trying to stir things up. I haven't heard of the team not liking JF. I think they love his determination and effort. All of them are professionals and know what it takes to replace Marino. Whoever started this thread is just trying to start something. When compared to Marino, who would you back??:judge:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom