Talking heads in cali thinks dolphins a landing spot for jimmy😭 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talking heads in cali thinks dolphins a landing spot for jimmy😭

Teams don't want to roll with the Teddy Bs and Jimmy Gs anymore.

They see Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow and want to emulate.
Not for 20 million they surely do not.....

Career wise has a completion percentage in the mid 60%'s. Good for over 3K a year passing and doesn't throw a lot of picks. Very much a quality starter.

Quality starter dunno, it depends on the incumbent starter. I find myself very curious when Tua misses games (he has never completed a full season in college or pro) this year what the difference will be with Bridgewater filling in.....

A rock solid backup yes, and think this is his best position.

Quality starter dunno, it depends on the incumbent starter. I find myself very curious when Tua misses games (he has never completed a full season in college or pro) this year what the difference will be with Bridgewater filling in.....

A rock solid backup yes, and think this is his best position.
I agree that he is certainly an upgrade over Brissett as the backup. I think he is good enough to come in and play well enough to get a few wins against the weaker opponents on the schedule if Tua misses a few games. I just don’t see him as the type of QB who can lead a team to enough wins to make it to the playoffs at this stage of his career.

13 out of 31 QBs who played more than 9 games last year had a .500 record or worst... Lets call this group the starters...
24 out of 31 QBs who played 9 games or less had a .500 record or worst... 16 of them grouped together account for an 0-30 record. 28-53 on the whole.

You simply lose alot of football games when your starter goes out, is what it is... This list makes it look better than it actually is believe it or not as Winston is the top guy on the >=9 group and he was actually NO's starter. And while you could make a case that there are good backups from year to year, they're basically never the same guys and are pretty much impossible to ID before hand. Hell alot of us thought Brissett would be a good backup.

Makes no sense. With Jimmy G's injury, ultimately I think SF may end up releasing him. Carolina might be a fit. But Tua's ceiling is much higher than Jimmy's and Bridgewater is one of the best backups in the NFL. Why would Miami want him?
literally the only think I can think of is the whole McDaniels' being familiar with Jimmy G since he coached there so that's where all the BS speculations from these "talking heads" in the media are coming from.

Also, I keep forgetting the home town kid from Miami (Teddy Bridgewater) is now a Miami Dolphin and Tua's back up so I appreciate the reminder lol. Good lord this off season has been utterly incredible! GO FINS!!!!!!!!

literally the only think I can think of is the whole McDaniels' being familiar with Jimmy G since he coached there so that's where all the BS speculations from these "talking heads" in the media are coming from.

Also, I keep forgetting the home town kid from Miami (Teddy Bridgewater) is now a Miami Dolphin and Tua's back up so I appreciate the reminder lol. Good lord this off season has been utterly incredible! GO FINS!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure McD being "familiar" with him is a selling point....lol. JG is......competent. Nothing more.

I'm not sure McD being "familiar" with him is a selling point....lol. JG is......competent. Nothing more.
lol yeah that was I was trying to allude to. but you worded it a lot better than I could haha I"m pretty sure Coach McDaniel is well aware that Jimmy G sucks overall so I don't think Dolphins fans should be worried about us trading for him.

lol yeah that was I was trying to allude to. but you worded it a lot better than I could haha I"m pretty sure Coach McDaniel is well aware that Jimmy G sucks overall so I don't think Dolphins fans should be worried about us trading for him.
The whole thing makes zero sense.

Makes no sense. With Jimmy G's injury, ultimately I think SF may end up releasing him. Carolina might be a fit. But Tua's ceiling is much higher than Jimmy's and Bridgewater is one of the best backups in the NFL. Why would Miami want him?

You hit the nail on the head with injuries. I'd actually take Jimmy over Tua if not for the injuries.

I also agree with others that it's not viable for us at this point regardless of who is better or worse.

The entire NFL is watching As The Browns Burn. There are probably multiple offers on the table trade wise to replace Baker. I'm sure Jimmy G is one of them. Sure it'll likely be just for a season but the Browns are going to be desperate. I like Teddy but if we could get a 2 for trading him, I'd be considering it.

If only someone had already thought about this and started a thread on it.

smirk drinking GIF

You hit the nail on the head with injuries. I'd actually take Jimmy over Tua if not for the injuries.

I also agree with others that it's not viable for us at this point regardless of who is better or worse.
I think the biggest issue with Jimmy Garappalo is his struggles in the deep game. Ultimately, I believe that's the reason SF went in another direction, although staying on the field matters too.

Shanahan's offensive really sets up the deep game well, but they haven't really been able to exploit it. If Lance can eventually do that, the 49ers can have those dagger plays

In that respect, I think Tua already has the edge.

I think the biggest issue with Jimmy Garappalo is his struggles in the deep game. Ultimately, I believe that's the reason SF went in another direction, although staying on the field matters too.

Shanahan's offensive really sets up the deep game well, but they haven't really been able to exploit it. If Lance can eventually do that, the 49ers can have those dagger plays

In that respect, I think Tua already has the edge.

Tua has more accuracy probably at all levels, but he hasn't shown me the ability to make pre snap reads at all or post snap reads with consistency.

That is why I'd take Jimmy 10/10 times. I lost all faith in Tuas awareness last year when he repeatedly had the offense lined up incorrectly and didnt notice.

I'm probably kind of holding a grudge in that respect because Mike G having to get the offense aligned correctly multiple times in a game is probably the most embarrassing thing I've witnessed on a football field before the snap.

Back
Top Bottom