Tanking for Chase Young! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanking for Chase Young!

This destroys me to the absolute core of my brain and heart, but when again was Brady drafted? You want to bring it home? When was our hero Marino drafted I believe the best pure QB ever? I believe we have 3 first rounders if you believe in that sort of thing. Joe Montana argued by some was 3rd round, modern times Patrick Mahomes 10th overall. I will stop continuing.
Now list me all of the All-Pro DEs carrying their teams to championships without a really good quarterback compared to vice versa.

You tank for a franchise QB, not a defensive end.
If that is the case, I certainly hope that they aren’t tanking for Tua. Because I think by the time the season is over the Dolphins will win a few games and they will not end up with the first pick.

I think the Bengals will end up with the first pick and they will draft Tua. The Jets or Redskins will likely end up with the second pick and they which ever team has the second pick will draft Young.

The Dolphins will have the third pick and they will draft Burrow.

If that is the case, I certainly hope that they aren’t tanking for Tua. Because I think by the time the season is over the Dolphins will win a few games and they will not end up with the first pick.

I think the Bengals will end up with the first pick and they will draft Tua. The Jets or Redskins will likely end up with the second pick and they which ever team has the second pick will draft Young.

The Dolphins will have the third pick and they will draft Burrow.
Ok, can you tell me what the lotto numbers will be this week?

Bring the heat. I have watched every Ohio State game this year and years past and was born a fan, but we breed pass rushers. Bosa, Bosa, now Chase. He destroys the Bosa brothers. Put a QB with talent and could be an all pro+ behind a terrible line and you just destroy his confidence. On the other hand you have the best defensive player in the league within 2 years and a perennial MVP candidate (well talk because he is defense) every year. That gives us this draft and next plus an off-season etc... to build a line to get our QB next year. Logic wins. Beat me up, but you watch.
I'm on board with Chase, he's a destroyer!

There’s no argument from me that Chase Young isn’t going to be a very good, if not great football player in the NFL. But JJ Watt is a generational talent and how many super bowls has he won? Clowney was hyped the same way and he was just traded for pennies. What about Mario Williams before them? I could go on.

The point is, if you’re going to tank (which we obviously are), you do it for the most important piece in football, which is the quarterback. And if you believe that you’ve identified that guy like our front office seems to have done, you do anything to get him. You don’t alienate your fan base and lose millions in ticket sales and revenue for a defensive end. You do it for a quarterback and hope to hell that you get it right.

I’m just hoping the Steelers can lose a bunch more. The higher both our picks are, the more flexible I think we can become with the decision making process on the first pick of ours.

I don't care how good Chase is. You aint winning in the league consistently without a QB. It is the ONLY thing that matters long term.

BPA people don't understand how the league works.

Young racks up the sacks in college, and I was all for drafting him before, but I've watched some of his recent games. Maybe it's just me, but he takes plays off when it's not a pass play or a run towards him.

This is what I've been saying. What so many people seem to think is that if you don't take a qb with the number one pick in the draft then you aren't getting a franchise qb. When in reality most of the truly elite qbs in the league now, and in the past HAVEN'T been the top pick in the draft or even close to it. And there isn't one single qb this year that's a generational talent like a Manning or Luck.

Now, if we only had one first round pick and one second round pick like normal then I would agree that you HAVE to take a qb with that first pick but we have THREE 1st round picks and TWO 2nd round picks. If Chase Young continues to dominate and solidifies himself at the best pick in the draft then I would take him first overall and then double down and take TWO qbs...one with our next first rounder and then maybe one in the 2nd or 3rd. That way we have a dominant pass rusher and TWO high chances at finding a franchise qb.

Back
Top Bottom