Tanking for Chase Young! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanking for Chase Young!

CBS has us drafting second and taking Young... There isn't a consensus here no matter what the Tua enthusiasts say.

But there is one consensus... ALL of the experts list Young as the top rated defensive player in the draft.

I understand that we need to draft a QB, but getting stuck on the need to take one with our first pick when we have Pittsburgh's is just silly.

I'm warming up to the idea of taking best player available with our first pick which would be in fact Chase Young. I understand QB is important and the whole you don't tank for passer rushers. But teams don't normally have the draft capital we have. We could easily get Young and then move back up to get a QB.

I'm warming up to the idea of taking best player available with our first pick which would be in fact Chase Young. I understand QB is important and the whole you don't tank for passer rushers. But teams don't normally have the draft capital we have. We could easily get Young and then move back up to get a QB.

The 'you gotta take a QB first' crowd are mostly Tua-cultists. They genuinely believe that the undersized injury risk is head and shoulders above the rest.

Now, I can't fault them in their opinion, even though I don't share it. What I fault is their dismissal of the fact that this draft is extremely deep in QB prospects.

We crapped the bed one year and got the #1 pick overall and drafted a lt

A LT who was the best LT in the class. What exactly has Ryan done? Sure he led the flacons to a SB, but he blew it. so he hasnt done a thing really. And the Falcons have won 2 games this year.

Long was the pick. The right pick.

Let it go. Ryan would have retired now if he was behind the Miami O line.

CBS has us drafting second and taking Young... There isn't a consensus here no matter what the Tua enthusiasts say.

But there is one consensus... ALL of the experts list Young as the top rated defensive player in the draft.

I understand that we need to draft a QB, but getting stuck on the need to take one with our first pick when we have Pittsburgh's is just silly.

There is no consensus in the same way that there was 'no consensus' in 2012. Everyone with a functioning brain knew that Andrew Luck was the best quarterback in the draft, and yet Robert Griffin got hyped up like it actually should have been a tough decision.

If everyone knows who the best quarterback is in the draft, then nobody's going to watch whatever garbage draft analysis ESPN is putting on their 87 billion awful talk shows.

If this team spends the #1 pick on anyone not named Tua -- for any reason other than a decision of his to stay in school -- every single person in the draft war room should be fired on the spot.

There is no consensus in the same way that there was 'no consensus' in 2012. Everyone with a functioning brain knew that Andrew Luck was the best quarterback in the draft, and yet Robert Griffin got hyped up like it actually should have been a tough decision.

If everyone knows who the best quarterback is in the draft, then nobody's going to watch whatever garbage draft analysis ESPN is putting on their 87 billion awful talk shows.

If this team spends the #1 pick on anyone not named Tua -- for any reason other than a decision of his to stay in school -- every single person in the draft war room should be fired on the spot.

Interesting opinion.

Opinion.

A LT who was the best LT in the class. What exactly has Ryan done? Sure he led the flacons to a SB, but he blew it. so he hasnt done a thing really. And the Falcons have won 2 games this year.

Long was the pick. The right pick.

Let it go. Ryan would have retired now if he was behind the Miami O line.

The defense blew it, but did you really just try to diminish leading a team to the SB to try to argue Long was the right pick? :nah:

This destroys me to the absolute core of my brain and heart, but when again was Brady drafted? You want to bring it home? When was our hero Marino drafted I believe the best pure QB ever? I believe we have 3 first rounders if you believe in that sort of thing. Joe Montana argued by some was 3rd round, modern times Patrick Mahomes 10th overall. I will stop continuing.
So you've named players (QB's) that teams were lucky to get at their respective draft picks. You don't talk about how quarterbacks drafted in later rounds usually have various shortcomings and aren't franchise material for a reason. There is also a chance that Chase Young could also be the next Dion Jordon. College doesn't always translate to the pros, just saying.

So you've named players (QB's) that teams were lucky to get at their respective draft picks. You don't talk about how quarterbacks drafted in later rounds usually have various shortcomings and aren't franchise material for a reason. There is also a chance that Chase Young could also be the next Dion Jordon. College doesn't always translate to the pros, just saying.
But that works both ways... there have been a lot of bust QBs drafted as well.

Two words...

Trent Dilfer.

Dxh3q24UYAE4QKy

must have a great qb in today’s nfl period. no chance without one even if you have blue chippers at all other positions. tua must be the pick.

Bring the heat. I have watched every Ohio State game this year and years past and was born a fan, but we breed pass rushers. Bosa, Bosa, now Chase. He destroys the Bosa brothers. Put a QB with talent and could be an all pro+ behind a terrible line and you just destroy his confidence. On the other hand you have the best defensive player in the league within 2 years and a perennial MVP candidate (well talk because he is defense) every year. That gives us this draft and next plus an off-season etc... to build a line to get our QB next year. Logic wins. Beat me up, but you watch.
That’s all I been saying, 3nough of this Tua business, pass rush is our biggest among many weakness, there are other qbs

Back
Top Bottom