Tannehill And Sacks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill And Sacks

Only one I remember the he was out of the pocket was the fumble. And he lost it on a pump fake. And that guy was on him so fast I don’t know if he could of safely thrown it away on that one.
I think the one where his bad leg got buckled was when he was out of the pocket. He has to get rid of that and not take that kind of hit if he wants to last through the season. Also, is anyone else concerned that two games in a row now he’s come up limping after taking a hit on that leg?

if you watched any other games this weekend with any kind of critical eye and without bias. then you saw that THill's
supposedly uneven performance Sunday was better than aberage across the NFL.

I thought the protection for the most part on Sunday was good. This often comes back to pocket presence, decision making and unloading the ball to avoid negative plays.

There was a play that clearly demonstrated RTs lack of awareness in that a blitz is coming, Jets are telegraphing it, and RT merely succumbs to it and gets crumbled in 2.5 seconds instead of a hot read or throwaway.

These types of negative plays kill any drive.

true-and most every qb in the league had a few of these this weekend. i expect we'll continue to see that- i mean, that's qb life in the NFL. Why should we be exempt?

His arm isn't "lively" tho. He has ALL the velocity needed for deep outs etc. when he has time/space to set up. But Ryan is a tad "slow" in the processing/arrm release function. Sorta like how fast a QB can see and get the pig in the air. I don't see another P Manning let alone Marino. So he, like 93.975% of other QBs, needs a complimentary game around him.
Definetely agree with that.

there are 17 other QB's in the League with the same or MORE sacks than Tannehill including Rodgers, Ben and more.

Can we just accept the fact that regardless of how good or how bad a QB is, how good or bad an oline is, that they are still playing NFL defenses who make it their whole job to attack the QB, and believe it or not, sometimes THEY also succeed?

EVERY QB gets sacked, EVERY oline makes mistakes, every QB has looked lost in the pocket (yes even your favorites).

is it possible for many dolphins fans to be objectionable in their "analysis"? or is it always just cool to watch one player/one team play and forget that 31 other QBs are playing?

The plays on Game Pass don't lie. The only play where Tannehill got sacked for holding the ball too long was the Anderson sack. Everything was clear in the backfield until I think it was Tunsil let up on the play and allowed Anderson thru. Ryan had plenty of time to get rid of it. No doubt his fault all the way.

The others...

5th series, Copeland sack. ANY QB in the league would not have seen COpeland coming on that one. He snuck around behind the tackle and there wasn't a chance in hell RT had time to get rid of the ball once Copeland was in view. AL he could do was hold onto the ball and take it, and he did so admirably.

8th series - after halftime... This was not due to Ryan holding the ball too long. It was a fake hand-off left then roll-out right. While Ryan was turned to the left for the fake hand-off, Jenkins flew into the backfield untouched. There was no delay by Ryan in his fake and the turn to roll-out... but by the time he started turning into his roll-out, Jenkins was already in position to sack him. All Ryan could do is try to back-peddle and throw the ball away. It slipped out of his hand in the attempt to throw it away. Again, any QB on that same play would have been sacked. However they might have been able to hold onto the ball. There simply was no time to throw it way.

That's three so far... only one of those did Ryan hold the ball too long.

10th series... this is the one that never hit the books due to the Jets penalty. But this one was Ryan's fault. However it was not for him holding the ball too long. The pocket was collapsing at about 2 seconds, so Ryan tries to run it to the left. once he makes the decision, he takes a bad angle to try to get around the corner, and Copeland is able to release from his blocker and grab Ryan. Only fault here is the angle. If Ryan had gone outside a little more, he might have bought time to throw it away or make it around the corner. Pocket presence was actually good as he anticipated the pocket collapsing and tried to scoot out left.

That's it folks... 4 sacks and one of them was cancelled due to a Jets penalty. Of the 3 that counted, only one of them was avoidable.

Back
Top Bottom