Tannehill Extension - When is it due? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Extension - When is it due?

i don't think tannehills representation would let him take a 4 year deal...not enough guaranteed money that way...you gonna have to make a long term legit investment here or if he's my client pound sand...bet on yourself son

that's what i'd be telling tannebaums clown ass..come correct or **** off

tannebaums used to it...revis beat him to a pulp during that hold out years ago

lazor needs to give him the opportunity next year to check out of crap play calls at the los that he sees especially those pa ones where they send more than we can handle and the qbs staring at the freaking blitzers presnap but cant do anything but roll with it...and he rolls right into it

i better see some damn kill calls and audibles at the los next year...not in that read option but in the regular step drops and shotgun etc...every other freaking team in the league does it...there was more kill calls at the los by qbs in the wildcard weekend than i could freaking count

and of course this season would be a GREAT time to roll with fast tempo and no huddle and instead of expose your weaknesses if you have them mask them with that tempo...but i'll die before that happens

as for the qb extension if by picking up that option you buy yourself an extra year and can lower that cap hit in 2016 with a long term extension prior to that league year beginning it is a plain no freaking brainer...pick it up...period

agree 100%

Let him go then. That would be an awful move for Ryan IMO. He's not a Marino type QB, it's clear Ryan needs a system around him to bring out the best of his abilities and Miami seems intent on putting that system around him. The OLine is being worked on, Jeff Ireland was just a guy who was in love with untalented cornfed beef. Hickey (if still here after this Tannenbaum mess) did well for what he had to work with, and the oline is closer than at any point during the Jeff Ireland era (08-09 I attribute to Parcells). Injuries suck, but lack of depth when you have then is an even worse thing.

Ryan can build his own legacy with the Dolphins if he keeps improving and certainly it's the most profitable situation for him . . . his wife can do what she wants . . . he's not leaving here on his own will.

And yea, Miami has no pressure on them right now. They have him for 2 more years if they want him. Can't just throw him 20 million a season right now when next season looks bleak as hell. We can afford to be patient.
There are plenty of teams that will line up and pay him. Getting sacked over 100 times in 2 seasons is ridiculous and you have to wonder how long he can endure that rate. Miami is not the only place where he can flourish. I would hate to lose him but understood if he did it.

Uhm you don't just "let him go". You don't let quarterbacks go in this league. Especially ones that haven't hit their ceiling yet. If they let him go and he turns out to be as good as I personally believe he can become Ross will have to blow his brains out for letting a good qb go knowing we haven't had one here in 15 years . Tannehill isn't going anywhere .

If I'm Tannehill I decline signing an extension unless they fix the OL. If they don't, I go on the open market.

As a fan of the Dolphins, I really can't endorse this line of thinking. Team > One Player. That said, if I were to put myself in his shoes, I think I'd agree. He's got to be fed up with this crap; I'm fed up with watching it.

Let him go then. That would be an awful move for Ryan IMO. He's not a Marino type QB, it's clear Ryan needs a system around him to bring out the best of his abilities and Miami seems intent on putting that system around him. The OLine is being worked on, Jeff Ireland was just a guy who was in love with untalented cornfed beef. Hickey (if still here after this Tannenbaum mess) did well for what he had to work with, and the oline is closer than at any point during the Jeff Ireland era (08-09 I attribute to Parcells). Injuries suck, but lack of depth when you have then is an even worse thing.

Ryan can build his own legacy with the Dolphins if he keeps improving and certainly it's the most profitable situation for him . . . his wife can do what she wants . . . he's not leaving here on his own will.

And yea, Miami has no pressure on them right now. They have him for 2 more years if they want him. Can't just throw him 20 million a season right now when next season looks bleak as hell. We can afford to be patient.
Well considering Marino never won a sb I'd say that even marino needed a good supporting cast. If I were rt17 I'd sign elsewhere. Not trying to be a downer, but its obvious this franchise is very very confused and ryan could find a better team. Hell he could go to a team like cincy or arizona and probably be in the playoffs first try. I hope he stays but I wont be surprised or even mad if he left.

Ryan doesn't really have any choice. The 5th year option is all on Miami. He can't refuse it. If they pick it up he not going to hold out and avoid making a million a game. Then if he progresses like most on this board feel he will the Dolphins still have 2 years of using the Franchise option. If he turns into a top QB Miami can hold onto him until the end of year 7 and there is nothing Ryan can do. It would be a very expensive option for the Dolphins and not likely but it is always there if he becomes a top QB.

they'll either have an extension or they will pick it up...even a team as dumb as ours won't screw this one up...i refuse to believe it's possible

yeah let him go :lol: :bobdole:

I'm just being realistic, if the QB declines signing an extension what are the Dolphins going to do? Make him the richest QB in the league? If he doesn't want to be here then "let him go". He's not a guy worth chasing if he doesn't want to be here. He's not Manning, Luck, Brady, Rodgers or any of these big time guys . . . he's an above average QB that needs a system in place to suit his attributes to be at his ultimate success. If a guy like that doesn't want to be here I'd hope Miami doesn't do something foolish like paying him like he's some kind of next coming.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

they'll either have an extension or they will pick it up...even a team as dumb as ours won't screw this one up...i refuse to believe it's possible

Miami has the ball in their court. They have him for 2 more years at minimum. They'll have next year and then decide on extension terms, picking up the 5th year and negotiate/wait & see or looking in another direction.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Ryan doesn't really have any choice. The 5th year option is all on Miami. He can't refuse it. If they pick it up he not going to hold out and avoid making a million a game. Then if he progresses like most on this board feel he will the Dolphins still have 2 years of using the Franchise option. If he turns into a top QB Miami can hold onto him until the end of year 7 and there is nothing Ryan can do. It would be a very expensive option for the Dolphins and not likely but it is always there if he becomes a top QB.

It's a win win for Miami. They have 2 years to see if Ryan takes that leap into the elite QBs in the NFL. If it ultimately becomes real expensive and Miami pays, more than likely Ryan has become "that dude". At that point, I don't think anybody cares.

Uhm you don't just "let him go". You don't let quarterbacks go in this league. Especially ones that haven't hit their ceiling yet. If they let him go and he turns out to be as good as I personally believe he can become Ross will have to blow his brains out for letting a good qb go knowing we haven't had one here in 15 years . Tannehill isn't going anywhere .

Who is letting him go? We have 2 years before that decision needs to be made. At that point Miami has to make moves. Nobody is saying anything about letting him go today. In 2 years we should have a great feeling on where we stand on Tannehill. He's ours for the next 2 years and we always have the franchise tag as an option in year 3. We are in good shape with Ryan.

Miami has until march or may 3rd this year to decide if they want to pick up Tannehill's 5th year option.

Yea its in May, and I'd be shocked if they didn't pick it up. The only reason they don't pick it up is if they reach a long term extension with him. It's about 15 million, but still that averages less than 6 million a season for the 5 years he will have played. That's a steal for a productive starting QB.

With the way Ross does business, I'm fully expecting the team to eff this up somehow and Tannehill walking to an AFC East team and killing us every year for a decade.

With the way Ross does business, I'm fully expecting the team to eff this up somehow and Tannehill walking to an AFC East team and killing us every year for a decade.

That's certainly more logical than them actually doing something right for once.

I'm just being realistic, if the QB declines signing an extension what are the Dolphins going to do? Make him the richest QB in the league? If he doesn't want to be here then "let him go". He's not a guy worth chasing if he doesn't want to be here. He's not Manning, Luck, Brady, Rodgers or any of these big time guys . . . he's an above average QB that needs a system in place to suit his attributes to be at his ultimate success. If a guy like that doesn't want to be here I'd hope Miami doesn't do something foolish like paying him like he's some kind of next coming.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Miami has the ball in their court. They have him for 2 more years at minimum. They'll have next year and then decide on extension terms, picking up the 5th year and negotiate/wait & see or looking in another direction.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

It's a win win for Miami. They have 2 years to see if Ryan takes that leap into the elite QBs in the NFL. If it ultimately becomes real expensive and Miami pays, more than likely Ryan has become "that dude". At that point, I don't think anybody cares.

I don't get the needs a system in place stuff...as if he is a system qb...but by system you mean the same system to play and Grow in like a Brady or manning or Rodgers or luck to date or Brees with new orleans than fine...he needs continuity for sure to reach his ceiling...All of those guys have played in their offenses for most if not all of their careers

Back
Top Bottom