Tannehill Extension - When is it due? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Extension - When is it due?

As a fan of the Dolphins, I really can't endorse this line of thinking. Team > One Player. That said, if I were to put myself in his shoes, I think I'd agree. He's got to be fed up with this crap; I'm fed up with watching it.
Thing is, as Dolphins fans, we`ve been waiting for a QB for 15 mediocre years... If the Fins **** this up and Tannehill ends up being great on another team... Well **** that might be what tips the scale, Im giving up on the NFL altogether...

Tannehill is going to get north of 100 mil which equates to 20 ish per season whether we pay him or lose him to someone else.

He is not worth $20 million per season. He has literally won nothing worth mentioning and you think he will get close to $20 mil per season....goodness the kool-aid is getting stronger as the off season rolls on..

It'll be due when he leads the Dolphins to the playoffs, and plays well in the meaningful games in December. Until then, stay the course.

He is not worth $20 million per season. He has literally won nothing worth mentioning and you think he will get close to $20 mil per season....goodness the kool-aid is getting stronger as the off season rolls on..

He will get $100, but for a 6 year deal.

Similar numbers to Andy Dalton I would think.

He will get $100, but for a 6 year deal.

Similar numbers to Andy Dalton I would think.

but why? He will be one of the highest paid quarterbacks who never played in or made it into a playoff game. I say stay the course and make him earn the big pay off. Most people don't want an Andy Dalton situation going on in Miami, but looks as if we will be headed in that direction if we give an unproven/ slightly above average quarterback a big contract. I know he is a tough SOB, but apparently we need more than that to translate to wins and playoff appearances. I'm am sick and tired of 7-9, 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 8-8, 8-8. Below is the cap hits for 2015 for quarterbacks. One thing that sticks out to me is that most of these quarterbacks have been in the playoffs, superbowl, aren't on their rookie deals or put their teams on their backs, except Sam Bradford

1 Tony Romo
Tony Romo
QUARTERBACK $27,773,000
2 Drew Brees
Drew Brees
QUARTERBACK $26,400,000
3 Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning
QUARTERBACK $21,500,000
4 Eli Manning
Eli Manning
QUARTERBACK $19,750,000
5 Matt Ryan
Matt Ryan
QUARTERBACK $19,500,000
6 Ben Roethlisberger
Ben Roethlisberger
QUARTERBACK $18,395,000
7 Aaron Rodgers
Aaron Rodgers
QUARTERBACK $18,250,000
8 Matthew Stafford
Matthew Stafford
QUARTERBACK $17,721,250
9 Philip Rivers
Philip Rivers
QUARTERBACK $17,416,668
10 Sam Bradford
Sam Bradford
QUARTERBACK $16,580,000
11 Jay Cutler
Jay Cutler
QUARTERBACK $16,500,000
12 Alex Smith
Alex Smith
QUARTERBACK $15,600,000
13 Colin Kaepernick
Colin Kaepernick
QUARTERBACK $15,265,753
14 Cam Newton
Cam Newton
QUARTERBACK $14,666,666
15 Joe Flacco
Joe Flacco
QUARTERBACK $14,550,000
16 Carson Palmer
Carson Palmer
QUARTERBACK $14,500,000
17 Tom Brady
Tom Brady
QUARTERBACK $14,000,000

but why? He will be one of the highest paid quarterbacks who never played in or made it into a playoff game. I say stay the course and make him earn the big pay off. Most people don't want an Andy Dalton situation going on in Miami, but looks as if we will be headed in that direction if we give an unproven/ slightly above average quarterback a big contract. I know he is a tough SOB, but apparently we need more than that to translate to wins and playoff appearances. I'm am sick and tired of 7-9, 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 8-8, 8-8. Below is the cap hits for 2015 for quarterbacks. One thing that sticks out to me is that most of these quarterbacks have been in the playoffs, superbowl, aren't on their rookie deals or put their teams on their backs, except Sam Bradford

1 Tony Romo
Tony Romo
QUARTERBACK $27,773,000
2 Drew Brees
Drew Brees
QUARTERBACK $26,400,000
3 Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning
QUARTERBACK $21,500,000
4 Eli Manning
Eli Manning
QUARTERBACK $19,750,000
5 Matt Ryan
Matt Ryan
QUARTERBACK $19,500,000
6 Ben Roethlisberger
Ben Roethlisberger
QUARTERBACK $18,395,000
7 Aaron Rodgers
Aaron Rodgers
QUARTERBACK $18,250,000
8 Matthew Stafford
Matthew Stafford
QUARTERBACK $17,721,250
9 Philip Rivers
Philip Rivers
QUARTERBACK $17,416,668
10 Sam Bradford
Sam Bradford
QUARTERBACK $16,580,000
11 Jay Cutler
Jay Cutler
QUARTERBACK $16,500,000
12 Alex Smith
Alex Smith
QUARTERBACK $15,600,000
13 Colin Kaepernick
Colin Kaepernick
QUARTERBACK $15,265,753
14 Cam Newton
Cam Newton
QUARTERBACK $14,666,666
15 Joe Flacco
Joe Flacco
QUARTERBACK $14,550,000
16 Carson Palmer
Carson Palmer
QUARTERBACK $14,500,000
17 Tom Brady
Tom Brady
QUARTERBACK $14,000,000

Don't get me wrong, sure he should prove his worth for the big money.

But agents go off of previous deals to similar players.

Andy Dalton for lack of better words, sucks. Period.

Yes, Bengals have hit the playoffs in straight years and such but no denying the talent above Dalton that Tannehill has. His agent knows this, the team knows this.

Franchise QB's are getting MINIMUM $16 a year period. The numbers posted are one year samples that don't take into account bonus, guaranteed money, or back loading deals.

Fins either give the kid $100+ or he walks, period.

So who do YOU want as our QB? winston? kaaya? nick marshall?

Sometimes I think Tannehill gets more respect from opposing fans than he gets from ours. I am not a complete Tannehill fanboy, I actually was ready to move on to Moore after week 3.

I have a question for those that blame him for us not getting to the playoffs...what have you guys been watching?

I believe he had the 5th best rating in the league from week 4 on, and if you told me before the season that PFF would rank our OL dead last in the league and our defense would give up 32.2 pts/game and 411 yds/game, over the last 6 weeks I would have thought we would be 6-10 at best.

I got off track for a second, I live outside of Buffalo, and obviously many of my friends are Bills fans. I have found (maybe because they have zero luck finding a qb for years) many of them, and many of the Bills media seem to like Tannehill. Whether you guys know it or not, the Bills Defense was basically dominant this year, especially the last half or so. Take a second to look at the opposing qb's stats the second half of the year this year. They dominated EVERYONE, even Rodgers, except Tannehill.

Most of the fans hope we give up on him so maybe they can land him, our team has failed him, he has not failed us. I'm not advocating blind loyalty, I'm wondering what the hell it would take for some of you...he's pretty frigin good.

Tannehill is our guy whether some want to admit it or not. There's no better option. No team with a very good QB is going to let him go. There's no one in the draft for us. Tannehill is the 13th ranked quarterback in the NFL. Let's face it. Tannehill is getting slightly better every year. He's our guy and we will probably pay him around 16 million next year. Then if he continues to get better we will sign him long term for bigger money. This is what we want guys. Every team wants a very good to great quarterback. If Tannehill continues to grow he will become very good (got to get the long ball down) and all of us want that to happen and we will have to adjust our cap like every team has to.

So who do YOU want as our QB? winston? kaaya? nick marshall?

Who ever it is, I want them to earn their contract....especially when it's a large one that may prevent us from building a winning team. Tannehill shouldn't be paid $20 mill a year annually until he actually earns it. He has the potential, but so does everyone that has not done it yet.

I do like what I've seen from a true freshmen in Kaaya also... I hope Jameis goes to the Jets (devilish grin while rubbing hands together)

He will get a deal similar to Daltons except for less money overall. Id say maybe 6 years 90 million or so with 15-20 million guaranteed. The devil will be in the details just like with Dalton where all of the guaranteed money will be front loaded. It will be basically be a 2 year 15-20 million dollar contract and then the prices will continually escalate after that…which we will pay if he is worth it or cut bait.

He will get a deal similar to Daltons except for less money overall. Id say maybe 6 years 90 million or so with 15-20 million guaranteed. The devil will be in the details just like with Dalton where all of the guaranteed money will be front loaded. It will be basically be a 2 year 15-20 million dollar contract and then the prices will continually escalate after that…which we will pay if he is worth it or cut bait.

Think the guaranteed money will be a bit more. These deals always escalate with time. RT already guaranteed 2 this year and 16 next year if they pick up 5th year option. So why would he agree to basically the same amount? Guaranteed money should be above 20 IMO

They will pick up that 5th year option and they will pay him. There is no plan "B" and RT has proven he can play the game at a very high level.

RT is an above average QB and will be paid as such.

Think the guaranteed money will be a bit more. These deals always escalate with time. RT already guaranteed 2 this year and 16 next year if they pick up 5th year option. So why would he agree to basically the same amount? Guaranteed money should be above 20 IMO
Dalton's guaranteed money was 17 mil I believe. If he thinks he can keep improving then he will bet on himself going forward and take the bigger contract. It will be probably exactly the same as the 5th year option worth of guaranteed money though…so you're right it will be around 16-17. Basically he can take 16 mil guaranteed one year deal (and peanuts this year)…and hurt the team. Or take 16 guaranteed over two year with a chance to earn plenty more if he keeps his play up…and that be much easier to do with that extra cap space. These guys aren't dumb

Tannehill is going to get north of 100 mil which equates to 20 ish per season whether we pay him or lose him to someone else.

If we give this guy anything near 100 mil.lmao..cmon lets be real here

Back
Top Bottom