Tannehill Finally Has A True Tight End Now!!!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Finally Has A True Tight End Now!!!!!!

Fins gonna regret getting rid of Clay. So clutch on 4th down. Breaks tackles better than any offensive player on the team. Able to take huge hits and still hold the ball. The guy is just a play maker. I do not want to see him in a Jills uni...

Cameron won't drop perfectly thrown TD passes like this...

simsdrop.gif

Great signing Clay is good though this guy is more consistent and a bigger target.

Cameron combine numbers:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jordan-cameron?id=2495267

Clay combine numbers:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/charles-clay?id=2495139

Cameron out does Clay in every category. He is an extraordinary athlete.

I would not be surprised if they intend to use him lined up outside ala Gronk.... it may even reduce the physical contact potential.

I love this signing.... I just hope he can stay healthy.

a bit better site for comparing pre draft numbers. nfldraftscout

Jordan

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=85413&draftyear=2011&genpos=TE

clay

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69364&draftyear=2011&genpos=FB

Cameron is taller, faster, stronger.
Can jump higher and can run better routes.

Tannehill is good at throwing direct laser beams, but weak at arcing the deep ball into a bucket (over-the-shoulder go route). Charles Clay's ideal match would probably be a QB that throws beautiful deep rainbows on go routes & wheel routes, with Charles Clay catching them over-his-shoulder, in stride.

:crazy:

Cameron won't drop perfectly thrown TD passes like this...

simsdrop.gif

:dance:

That was a rainbow not a direct laser clay dropped.

That was Sims and it was in reference to the bold quote which was an ill-advised comment that Tannehill couldn't throw an arced pass over a receiver's shoulder and had nothing to do with Clay.

I disagree. I think Jordan Cameron is a better match for Ryan Tannehill.

- Tannehill is good at throwing direct laser beams, but weak at arcing the deep ball into a bucket (over-the-shoulder go route).

- Jordan Cameron, as a former basketball player, is a good catch radius receiver, and good at catching flat trajectory laser beams, including contested situations.

- Charles Clay is a great athlete, can catch the over-the-shoulder deep ball in stride, but has slightly inconsistent hands. He's dropped quite a few direct throws.

I feel that Jordan Cameron is a better match for Ryan Tannehill's skill set.

Charles Clay's ideal match would probably be a QB that throws beautiful deep rainbows on go routes & wheel routes, with Charles Clay catching them over-his-shoulder, in stride.

i never said Cameron wasnt a great athlete with great ability like that... and good call on basketball and his jumping ability!!!

but much of this is assumption and especially where Clay has already thrived in our offense, even in his first year of actually starting and playing with miami full time, almost broke that receiving yard record you spoketh of... where it was McMichaels third year where he set that. And the thing with htis other comment is that Clay is a different type of player, who offers different type of playing style on the field. He is great in the YAC department. he has power, and great body balance. Yes he isnt the Cameron type athlete... he is the Clay type athlete.

so i was just saying that Clay also could break the TE receiving yards record, since he has already proven the capability to do so in 2013 with 759 yards... 32 yards away!!!

i never said Cameron wasnt a great athlete with great ability like that... and good call on basketball and his jumping ability!!!

but much of this is assumption and especially where Clay has already thrived in our offense, even in his first year of actually starting and playing with miami full time, almost broke that receiving yard record you spoketh of... where it was McMichaels third year where he set that. And the thing with htis other comment is that Clay is a different type of player, who offers different type of playing style on the field. He is great in the YAC department. he has power, and great body balance. Yes he isnt the Cameron type athlete... he is the Clay type athlete.

so i was just saying that Clay also could break the TE receiving yards record, since he has already proven the capability to do so in 2013 with 759 yards... 32 yards away!!!

Clay could...I think the skill sets of each player compliment each other...you essentially have Gronk lite and less murdery Hernadez that fit Tannehill's strengths...hopefully Clay thinks like Clay and wants to play for a team that has stability at QB...

Back
Top Bottom