Tannehill Injury Update Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Injury Update Thread

WR core is a push? What!
Albert alone significantly upgrades the receiving core.
Are you really going to tell me he's better than Landry hands down? I went as far as to give it a push. I think ppl are over reacting a bit because of the monster game he had. Landry never had a game like this and prob will never but his consistency and reliability was incredible. Btw I love what iv seen from Wilson and God I hope it continues but gota give me more than a couple games to say he's better than Landry

1 knee injury and as far as we can tell, a minor shoulder injury that happens to be his throwing shoulder so he's held out because of an effectiveness issue.

Parker is injury prone, RT17 is not.

Tannehill had 2 knee injuries. 1 took him from the 2016 season. 2017 he was the starting qb going into camp and then hurt it again which cost him the season. This is the THIRD consecutive season he is missing games. Time to move on. We need new blood at qb. Tannehill has been given more then enough time to succeed and he still hasn’t.

Thought I read or heard Tannehill went for a MRI Friday? Can you see a tear in the rotator cuff on a MRI?

What doesn’t add up for me is if the team feared Friday he had a serious labrum injury why the heck would you throw him 2 days later on Sunday morning to see if he could go?

Seems kinda ambitious and risky to me.

I agree that I think they are gonna try and see if he can play thru something more significant.

And it probably won’t go well. If and when we do.

There’s more to this we aren’t being told imo.

Sorry I'm just beyond frustrated with this staff. Like you said, he threw all week and they feared a serious shoulder injury Friday? Doesn't add up.

Unless he just figured it was sore and he could work thru it and didn’t tell anyone as a result until Friday.

That’s the problem with tough guys they won’t tell you when something bothers them just assume that it will work itself out.

Similar to what I think happened with Andrew luck playing thru his shoulder injury prior.

Wouldn’t surprise me if come end of year he had surgery on his throwing shoulder. If not prior if he goes on ir.

But still why the heck would you throw a guy on Sunday morn that on Friday you were sweating bullets had shredded his throwing shoulder?

That just reeks of irresponsibility.

What doesn’t add up for me is if the team feared Friday he had a serious labrum injury why the heck would you throw him 2 days later on Sunday morning to see if he could go?

Seems kinda ambitious and risky to me.

Because he’s at 80% strength instead of 0% strength and Tannehill asked for the opportunity to see how he was with a few days rest. Andrew Luck played an entire season with a torn posterior labrum and when the injury came out during camp and preseason, the Colts passed it off as just “labral fraying” as a result of Luck’s having thrown so many balls throughout the off season. Then he played 15 games, and the only game he missed was due to concussion. The labrum, by the way, was not a hard diagnosis on Friday. It’s just what the symptoms pointed to.

So the colts played luck an entire season with a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder that they knew was torn going into the season.

Whoof.

What was lucks reported strength during this time? Was he a 80%?

And does he have a partially torn labrum and we are waiting on it or what does he have exactly?

If he plays thru it are we essentially playing with long term damaged goods that will require a surgical fix?

A partially torn labrum is one of the worst injuries to deal w/. I say that bc anyone w/ an ego is gonna say they can or are willing to play through the pain. You are just delaying an injury that is gonna have to be fixed at some point

And when you play w/ a torn labrum (shoulder injuries in general), your body naturally compensates in ither ways to avoid stress/pain on the labrum. Which creates bad habits, and puts other areas of the body at a great risk of injury (specifically back and shoulder blade)

A common side effect of pushing through a labrum tear is developing scapular winging. Over Using your shoulder blade to compensate for the weakness in your shoulder, creates a chicken wing effect w/ you’r shoudler blade and is a pain in the a** to correct and rehab through

W/ that said, pushing through a torn shoulder ligament often does more harm than good. It’s a bite the bullet injury. Get it fixed and rehab it right, bc you won’t be the same while playing through iy

If the Colts knowingly asked Luck to play a whole season with a labral tear then they are morons.

A partially torn labrum is one of the worst injuries to deal w/. I say that bc anyone w/ an ego is gonna say they can or are willing to play through the pain. You are just delaying an injury that is gonna have to be fixed at some point

And when you play w/ a torn labrum (shoulder injuries in general), your body naturally compensates in ither ways to avoid stress/pain on the labrum. Which creates bad habits, and puts other areas of the body at a great risk of injury (specifically back and shoulder blade)

A common side effect of pushing through a labrum tear is developing scapular winging. Over Using your shoulder blade to compensate for the weakness in your shoulder, creates a chicken wing effect w/ you’r shoudler blade and is a pain in the a** to correct and rehab through

Well said...
The biggest issue is that as a Qb he will be constantly putting that labrum under stress when he throws, particularly deep. Its a ticking time bomb

If the season turns bad over the next several weeks I think they lean to IR him and surgery, unless drastic improvement in the shoulder.

Will that be it for Ryan here? Obviously the team will look to draft/sign a QB, the question is will the pieces fall in place to get an upgrade.

They may keep Falk around and another one of these QB’’s as the 2 of 3.

Back
Top Bottom