Tannehill Injury Update Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Injury Update Thread

I know quite a bit about the situation obviously, as I’m one of two or three people doing the source work on these 3YPC/5R breaking news releases since last week. I don’t personally see how the staff has erred here. It’s a tough situation.

From what I understand from your podcast is that Tannehill has an injury to his shoulder, but the decision for him to play is on Adam Gase and whether his arm is strong enough to make the throws needed unless I missed some something new.

I guess the question is...Do they just rest him until the bye or will they do an evaluation once a week to determine if this is the week he is ready?

Either way this is not looking good for Tannehill. First the knee and now this. I've been a supporter because he was our QB but even I see that he's probably gotten as good as he's going to get regardless of the injuries but now that you have the injuries too it's really time to draft a QB. I know that 2019 might not be the best year to draft one high but we need to draft one at some point.

As far as the rest of this season, it's either BO or nothing at this point.

A partially torn labrum is one of the worst injuries to deal w/. I say that bc anyone w/ an ego is gonna say they can or are willing to play through the pain. You are just delaying an injury that is gonna have to be fixed at some point

And when you play w/ a torn labrum (shoulder injuries in general), your body naturally compensates in ither ways to avoid stress/pain on the labrum. Which creates bad habits, and puts other areas of the body at a great risk of injury (specifically back and shoulder blade)

A common side effect of pushing through a labrum tear is developing scapular winging. Over Using your shoulder blade to compensate for the weakness in your shoulder, creates a chicken wing effect w/ you’r shoudler blade and is a pain in the a** to correct and rehab through

W/ that said, pushing through a torn shoulder ligament often does more harm than good. It’s a bite the bullet injury. Get it fixed and rehab it right, bc you won’t be the same while playing through iy

100%. Every tough athlete wants to play through a partial tear, and it is possible. But like you said, it creates issues other places because of instability in the shoulder and continues to damage the labrum until either shut down completely or the labrum completely tears. and there is no playing through that.

Appears we are just delaying the inevitable now. 2016 all over again.

Freaking dolphins.

I have to say if he got that medical diagnosis Friday his disposition on the bench Sunday flat out floors me.

I agree. Last time we were told rest would do the trick he ended up missing a whole year and getting the surgery he should have gotten to start with.

What’s wierd is gase called Charles Harris calf injury week to week called tannehills day to day.

Day to day my ass

Pro football doc this injury occurred in the Bengals game, when his arm was pulled back from behind. That makes the most sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom