Tannehill Injury Update Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Injury Update Thread

i dont know. gase is a big boy and so is THill. If Gase wanted to start Brock for whatever reason he woukd just do it.

He’s not like some posters who have their whole self esteem wrapped up in their choice, ir better yet firing, of their QB.

I think T Hill would be playing if he could.

I don't know about that because you absolutely need to have Tannehill's back 100% or he can't function.

Gase did say something interesting in regards to Wake 'he doesn't BS you' maybe he's upset Tannehill 'BS'd' him about the severity of the injury.

Maybe! I think Ryan would do that. I think I read somewhere there was concern he would say he’s fine if the knee was bothering him.

OK I found this curious and I didn't here it from the Gase presser. Found it on Dolphins Maven (3ypc website).

Gase quote:

“We aren’t looking at surgery” Adam Gase said about the Ryan Tannehill injury. “Tannehill could throw tomorrow if he had to.”

He also added that they aren’t looking at any rest plan.

What exactly is going on here?

OK I found this curious and I didn't here it from the Gase presser. Found it on Dolphins Maven (3ypc website).

Gase quote:

“We aren’t looking at surgery” Adam Gase said about the Ryan Tannehill injury. “Tannehill could throw tomorrow if he had to.”

Kinda sounds like they are buying time to me. But I wouldn’t take anything gase says with regards to injury at face value.

Gase quote:

I read that as they aren't looking at him being out for the year, YET and if you asked Tannehill, he could throw tomorrow if he had to, BUT Gase has decided against that because Tannehill doesn't always give you the truth when you ask him about his health.

The last part is a play on words by Gase. He hasn't looked at a rest plan but he still has decided for Tannehill to sit because he knows the shoulder still gives him problems.

Gase did say something interesting in regards to Wake 'he doesn't BS you' maybe he's upset Tannehill 'BS'd' him about the severity of the injury.

I 100% believe this is the case. They let him practice on Wednesday and Thursday because he told him it was no big deal. Then when he needed to air it out to prove he was capable of playing, he couldn't. And Gase decided to play the guy without the shoulder limitations.

This is my new theory, then I will drop my obsession with this injury and see what happens. During the offseason I read something that said the biggest concern with Ryan is he’s too tough. Meaning the staff/FO feared he wouldn’t be 100% honest about his knee rehabilitation and even if he was hurting as long as he could go he was going to say he was OK and go. I’m thinking he was doing the same with this shoulder injury on Wednesday and Thursday of last week and Gase thought he would have him on Sunday against the Bears, no problem. Friday rolled around and Ryan got so bad he couldn’t go anymore, or couldn’t go to 100% capacity, and Gase and company were surprised by this. They started looking into the injury and found it was more serious than a sore shoulder. Gase is probably irked by this and it probably led to his media blowup post game and making the strong point about Cam Wake, “not ever BS’ing about injuries” in yesterday’s presser. So yes IMO Gase is irked with Ryan right now.

I think this is the knee all over again. Ryan probably needs Labrum surgery (all opinion I have no inside sources of any kind) but once again Ryan wants to try rehab. Gase is giving him the benefit of the doubt but I’m betting from Gase’s point of view there is a lot of doubt. What I’m saying is I think Ryan again has a HUGE hand in this current plan and I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if stem cell treatment is part of it (Ryan had a tweet endorsing stem cell treatment recently so he is a believer in it). If this is the case I hope Ryan is correct this time.

This has Ryan Tannehill written all over it IMO.

https://www.regenexx.com/conditions-treated/shoulder/shoulder-labrum-tear/

Last edited:
This is my new theory, then I will drop my obsession with this injury and see what happens. During the offseason I read something that said the biggest concern with Ryan is he’s too tough. Meaning the staff/FO feared he wouldn’t be 100% honest about his knee rehabilitation and even if he was hurting as long as he could go he was going to say he was OK and go. I’m thinking he was doing the same with this shoulder injury on Wednesday and Thursday of last week and Gase thought he would have him on Sunday against the Bears, no problem. Friday rolled around and Ryan got so bad he couldn’t go anymore, or couldn’t go to 100% capacity, and Gase and company were surprised by this. They started looking into the injury and found it was more serious than a sore shoulder. Gase is probably irked by this and it probably led to his media blowup post game and making the strong point about Cam Wake, “not ever BS’ing about injuries” in yesterday’s presser. So yes IMO Gase is irked with Ryan right now.

I think this is the knee all over again. Ryan probably needs Labrum surgery (all opinion I have no inside sources of any kind) but once again Ryan wants to try rehab. Gase is giving him the benefit of the doubt but I’m betting from Gase’s point of view there is a lot of doubt. What I’m saying is I think Ryan again has a HUGE hand in this current plan and I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if stem cell treatment is part of it (Ryan had a tweet endorsing stem cell treatment recently so he is a believer in it). If this is the case I hope Ryan is correct this time.

I don't think its that bad. Hopefully its one of those 2,3 week injuries that QBs get similar to the Jimmy G injury last year.

This has Ryan Tannehill written all over it IMO.

https://www.regenexx.com/conditions-treated/shoulder/shoulder-labrum-tear/

I really hope you’re wrong about labrum surgery. I had that almost two years ago and after a year of physical therapy it still feels...off. I can’t imagine throwing being my livelihood after this.

Also to note. I injured my labrum playing hockey. It was sore, but manageable. I didn’t even see a doctor. I played again the next week thinking it was fine and tore it completely by simply quickly extending my arm laterally holding the weight of the stick. The doctor later told me that if I had taken three weeks off, it would have healed completely and wouldn’t have been re-injured. Apparently when the labrum is strained, it’s loose and way more susceptible to serious injury. It takes a few weeks to tighten back up.

Yes, I know I’m butchering the medical specifics here.

I really hope you’re wrong about labrum surgery. I had that almost two years ago and after a year of physical therapy it still feels...off. I can’t imagine throwing being my livelihood after this.

Also to note. I injured my labrum playing hockey. It was sore, but manageable. I didn’t even see a doctor. I played again the next week thinking it was fine and tore it completely by simply quickly extending my arm laterally holding the weight of the stick. The doctor later told me that if I had taken three weeks off, it would have healed completely and wouldn’t have been re-injured. Apparently when the labrum is strained, it’s loose and way more susceptible to serious injury. It takes a few weeks to tighten back up.

Yes, I know I’m butchering the medical specifics here.

That's good info actually.

I've fallen on my shoulder (with another large individual on top of me) in football in the past.

It was sore as hell for a week or two, but there was no serious injury.

The one thing I think Gase said that he is being truthful about is Ryan was sore ealrier in the week and he thought, like most times in the past, Ryan would improve- but instead he got worse.

I think thats was Gase is disappointed about.. not really sure how truthful Ryan was about how sore he was and what the true extent of the injury really is.

Back
Top Bottom