Tannehill is a franchise quarterback. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill is a franchise quarterback.

This guy plays hard. It's not his fault that WR,s can't get open. Lazor offense is a bust. So not running what he did in Philly. Philly is doing good without Lazor and seems they run same style of offence. Joe Philbin needs to see this Lazor dog crap is not working. Ok, This is the last year of this crap anyway. I'm willing to bet anything if Jim Harbaugh was here. Tannehill be like a Phillip Rivers type of QB. Joe Philbin and Bill Lazor is ruining Tannehill career. You will all see soon why I wrote this. Tannehill will be our franchise quarterback. Mark my words. That last drive he did against KC before 1st half end. Will tell you alot that he got it. Holding the ball long is cause no one is open. That's the problem. Lazor offence needs to go. I don't care what Tannehill does this year. New Coach and new offensive coordinator is what this team needs. Tannehill will do well outside Miami.

Wow.

His numbers are garbage, and regressing.

Can you explain?

Answer: He's not a franchise QB and is on pace to set career lows.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

You know a player is lousy when the person defending that player starts a sentence with this.

NAILED IT.

People used to say this about Fiedler... Henne.....

I agree that Tannehill has the potential to be a Franchise QB, but i do not agree with your opinion of Lazor. Its still early and the offense is still coming together as a unit, which i believe is a big reason for a lot of the mishaps on the field. There has definitely been a few head scratching play calls by Lazor, keep in mind though he is 3 games into his NFL OC career so we are going to see that here and there until he learns not to get cute like you can in college. I'd like to see more designed roll outs, jet sweeps to Wallace, and misdirection runs but overall i am pleased. The Eagles started 1-3 last year before picking up that offense and taking off to the playoffs. Look for around week 6 or 7 for the offense to take off, as i believe there will be more fluidity within the unit from less thinking and more executing from the players standpoint. POOR EXECUTION (penalties, dropped passes, poor accuracy at times) has put the offense in holes at times and we just dont have the offensive talent to dig our way out of those drive after drive.

Tannehill looks to me like hes focusing too much on improving his footwork, and its throwing the timing off with his receivers causing him to miss the open window to hit his first, and sometimes second receiver. Just go out and sling the damn rock kid! He also needs to learn to use his eyes more often to manipulate the defense to prevent batted passes and having routes jumped. Especially since he seems to be making pre determined reads before the snap quite often and staring down that receiver for the entire route. His accuracy has improved since week 1, and he seems to be getting the ball out sooner. Lazor needs to understand that Ryan will not carry this team to the playoffs on his arm alone, the play calling has to be more balanced or it will be a long season.

My biggest concern to tell you the truth is our receiving core. Wallace looks ok so far in the system (although forced at times), Landry has been alright. Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, and Clay have not shown up so far this season. Truth of the matter is our receivers are slow, and do not have a big catch radius to help out the qb at all. Poor coaching has to come into play with this group as well, i just do not like how our receivers don't seem to be taught to attack the ball at its highest point. This is a HUGE problem with Wallace on his fades, he always tries to bread basket the ball instead of reaching up for the ball at the high point to increase the catch radius so the ball has to be placed on the money in his arms or its incomplete.

That is all.

I bet the Saints fan are saying fire Bree's. There 1-2 too. Lol You do not throw a man under the bus that throw 24 TD, s a year ago with the worst o line in football rookies. OMG Really. 3 games into season and you want a new QB. Lol at you all. It's clear to me this system sucks. I do admit he needs to work on long ball skill. It will come in the 4th year. He just needs to get away from this Philbin BS AND Lazor BS

I agree that Tannehill has the potential to be a Franchise QB, but i do not agree with your opinion of Lazor. Its still early and the offense is still coming together as a unit, which i believe is a big reason for a lot of the mishaps on the field. There has definitely been a few head scratching play calls by Lazor, keep in mind though he is 3 games into his NFL OC career so we are going to see that here and there until he learns not to get cute like you can in college. I'd like to see more designed roll outs, jet sweeps to Wallace, and misdirection runs but overall i am pleased. Look for around week 6 or 7 for the offense to take off, as i believe there will be more fluidity within the unit from less thinking and more executing from the players standpoint. POOR EXECUTION (penalties, dropped passes, poor accuracy at times) has put the offense in holes at times and we just dont have the offensive talent to dig our way out of those drive after drive.

Tannehill looks to me like hes focusing too much on improving his footwork, and its throwing the timing off with his receivers causing him to miss the open window to hit his first, and sometimes second receiver. Just go out and sling the damn rock kid! He also needs to learn to use his eyes more often to manipulate the defense to prevent batted passes and having routes jumped. Especially since he seems to be making pre determined reads before the snap quite often and staring down that receiver for the entire route. His accuracy has improved since week 1, and he seems to be getting the ball out sooner. Lazor needs to understand that Ryan will not carry this team to the playoffs on his arm alone, the play calling has to be more balanced or it will be a long season.

My biggest concern to tell you the truth is our receiving core. Wallace looks ok so far in the system (although forced at times), Landry has been alright. Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, and Clay have not shown up so far this season. Truth of the matter is our receivers are slow, and do not have a big catch radius to help out the qb at all. Poor coaching has to come into play with this group as well, i just do not like how our receivers don't seem to be taught to attack the ball at its highest point. This is a HUGE problem with Wallace on his fades, he always tries to bread basket the ball instead of reaching up for the ball at the high point to increase the catch radius so the ball has to be placed on the money in his arms or its incomplete.
Good read man. Well put

too much fly by the pants for me stuff takes around here...one day its one thing the next it's something else...i will give the kid thru this season to see where he's at...i was a full in believer the last 2 years we'll see how it looks to me after this year...

right now i've seen 3 games and i graded one bad and 2 relatively average...the bad one being mostly about a poor 4th quarter but that's money time and he came up short...still though needs to impact the score board more on a bad or any day even...has to start scoring points

we're nailing this kid for things i see all around the league pretty much...even the top level guys place a ball poorly or just miss completely once in a while...it's the situational play of those qbs that sets them apart...and it's time he pays the piper on them

This guy plays hard. It's not his fault that WR,s can't get open. Lazor offense is a bust. So not running what he did in Philly. Philly is doing good without Lazor and seems they run same style of offence. Joe Philbin needs to see this Lazor dog crap is not working. Ok, This is the last year of this crap anyway. I'm willing to bet anything if Jim Harbaugh was here. Tannehill be like a Phillip Rivers type of QB. Joe Philbin and Bill Lazor is ruining Tannehill career. You will all see soon why I wrote this. Tannehill will be our franchise quarterback. Mark my words. That last drive he did against KC before 1st half end. Will tell you alot that he got it. Holding the ball long is cause no one is open. That's the problem. Lazor offence needs to go. I don't care what Tannehill does this year. New Coach and new offensive coordinator is what this team needs. Tannehill will do well outside Miami.

Dude, stop bogarting that joint and pass it on. Thanks

too much fly by the pants for me stuff takes around here...one day its one thing the next it's something else...i will give the kid thru this season to see where he's at...i was a full in believer the last 2 years we'll see how it looks to me after this year...

right now i've seen 3 games and i graded one bad and 2 relatively average...the bad one being mostly about a poor 4th quarter but that's money time and he came up short...still though needs to impact the score board more on a bad or any day even...has to start scoring points

we're nailing this kid for things i see all around the league pretty much...even the top level guys place a ball poorly or just miss completely once in a while...it's the situational play of those qbs that sets them apart...and it's time he pays the piper on them

It's a matter of realizing he won't ever hit his ceiling, and is stuck at his floor. He's done

It's a matter of realizing he won't ever hit his ceiling, and is stuck at his floor. He's done

3 weeks ago you were not saying that...i'll find out for myself...you may be right on the won't reach his ceiling part...but i do think he's capable of improvement...maybe not to the lofty levels i predicted 2 years ago

we'll see...i'll evaluate the total body of work at the end of the year...

...even the top level guys place a ball poorly or just miss completely once in a while..

It's not just once in a while though, it's much more frequent than that, and that's a huge concern and it's not just ball placement. Once in a while, it all clicks for him, make a good decision and throw a great ball, but way too many times he doesn't. I'm not sure that level of inadequacies in his game is coachable or likely to improve as he matures as an NFL QB. Right now no one can suggest Tannehill is even close to being a franchise QB, for a player in his 3rd year that's very worrying.

It's not just once in a while though, it's much more frequent than that, and that's a huge concern and it's not just ball placement. Once in a while, it all clicks for him, make a good decision and throw a great ball, but way too many times he doesn't. I'm not sure that level of inadequacies in his game is coachable or likely to improve as he matures as an NFL QB. Right now no one can suggest Tannehill is even close to being a franchise QB, for a player in his 3rd year that's very worrying.

It was bad in the Patriots and Bills games and better in the KC game. Accuracy is definitely coachable and I have no clue where the idea that accuracy isn't coachable comes from. Improving his throwing mechanics, which is being done, will improve his accuracy. You realize that Tom Brady, one of the most accurate passers in the history of the game, routinely employed his own personal QB mechanics coach in the off-season in order to clean up his footwork and throwing motion right? And the reason he did it was to improve his accuracy throwing the football.

What can't be coached is the intangible stuff and that's where the worries are.

3 weeks ago you were not saying that...i'll find out for myself...you may be right on the won't reach his ceiling part...but i do think he's capable of improvement...maybe not to the lofty levels i predicted 2 years ago

we'll see...i'll evaluate the total body of work at the end of the year...

3 weeks ago I said he can be a game manager. I have since backtracked, but even those aren't "lofty expectations"

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

It was bad in the Patriots and Bills games and better in the KC game. Accuracy is definitely coachable and I have no clue where the idea that accuracy isn't coachable comes from. Improving his throwing mechanics, which is being done, will improve his accuracy.

What can't be coached is the intangible stuff and that's where the worries are.

You're either accurate or your not. You can coach up lower body mechanics but your not changing much upper body. Just ask Tebow

Wow.

His numbers are garbage, and regressing.

Can you explain?

Answer: He's not a franchise QB and is on pace to set career lows.

-----

Yes, he has regressed to date this season, but when you say his numbers are garbage, do you realize that he passed for the 5th highest yardage in his first 2 seasons in the history of the NFL? (Yes he is behind Luck and Marino) but he has beaten the likes of Tom Brady head to head, twice. Also beaten Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton and Andrew Luck in head to head clashes. So while he has played poorly to date this year, his track record is not total garbage, as you suggest.
The big concern is why he is looking so inaccurate this year. He seems to be having difficulty adapting to Lazor's new Offensive system. This may sound crazy but at some point he might get it and with all the Offensive weapons we could still be decent this season. I'm still an optimist by nature and I think that it's too early to totally give up on Tannehill. However, my patience is wearing thin.

He plays for an NFL franchise, and is a QB, so technically the OP is right. That doesn't mean he's good, though.

Back
Top Bottom