Tannehill is a franchise quarterback. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill is a franchise quarterback.

go back and look at Philly beginning of '13.. big win Wk1 (score nearly exact), then 3 loses (most to AFCW teams).. Foles was erratic, just like his PAC12 days.. and around Wk9.. "LIGHTBULB".. finished 10-6, made/lost playoff.. not saying it WILL happen; just sayin it CAN

He is not presently a franchise QB; he's far from it and has plenty of blame to own up to, but there's plenty more also to go around. He's demonstrated improvement and development up through game 14 of last season where he excelled in the 2nd half. He's also shown plenty of resolve, fortitude and resilience bouncing back from the kind of OL inadequacies that no QB should have to contend with.. What concerns me is the 7 sacks and injury they inflicted in Buffalo, in a game Brady himself couldn't have won behind that line. It seems he's never been the same since. I'm concerned he's becoming gun shy. He's also in the first new system of his quarterbacking life. It remains to be seen if he can overcome both these new variables introduced into his world. He has the potential to be a franchise QB, (maybe actually even winning a few postseason games considering he's got that resolve and fortitude, ahem), but at this point it's too premature to get overly bullish on him or likewise overly down.

/thread

Franchise QB's win in the post season and not by the hands of a strong defense, this is not one hit wonder either - this is not creaming bad teams in the reg season - this is PO performance - those who win in the post season are Franchise Quality

3 weeks ago I said he can be a game manager. I have since backtracked, but even those aren't "lofty expectations"

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

You're either accurate or your not. You can coach up lower body mechanics but your not changing much upper body. Just ask Tebow

i never said you had lofty expectations of tannehill...i said I DID...his accuracy on anything other than the deep ball wasn't an issue...he still was on his way to a like close to 65 percent completion percentage last year prior to the final 2 games...that's plenty good enough...

i'm not concerned about the accuracy as much as others are he's throwing to a spot and probably not trusting it as much as in the old o yet...i'm not as concerned about the tipped balls as others either i heard that stuff for like 2 games last year finheaven pretty much fell apart over it and it wasn't an issue any more i expect him to adjust his game to that as well in time as he learns this offense with more game reps etc...a couple tipped balls a game isn't a career breaker either way...

This guy plays hard. It's not his fault that WR,s can't get open. Lazor offense is a bust. So not running what he did in Philly. Philly is doing good without Lazor and seems they run same style of offence. Joe Philbin needs to see this Lazor dog crap is not working. Ok, This is the last year of this crap anyway. I'm willing to bet anything if Jim Harbaugh was here. Tannehill be like a Phillip Rivers type of QB. Joe Philbin and Bill Lazor is ruining Tannehill career. You will all see soon why I wrote this. Tannehill will be our franchise quarterback. Mark my words. That last drive he did against KC before 1st half end. Will tell you alot that he got it. Holding the ball long is cause no one is open. That's the problem. Lazor offence needs to go. I don't care what Tannehill does this year. New Coach and new offensive coordinator is what this team needs. Tannehill will do well outside Miami.

I think Tannehill is a franchise quarterback, when he buys a Mcdonalds franchise and runs it. Tannehill, I believe, will end up being a decent backup quarterback, if he is groomed and coddled for about 6 or 7 more years, then, I think we got something!

The key was open against KC. We ran all over them. Lazor keep throwing the dam ball. He needed to run more and this would have opened up passing lanes. Lazor sucks

I agree that Lazor called too many passing plays, but Tannehill was throwing the ball, not Lazor. You can't blame Tannehill's accuracy on Lazor.

i tell ya what i am freaking concerned about...if the pass rush doesnt get home this defense is RIPE for the taking right now...sure will be nice to get some guys back...cause it's either get home with the pass rush or teams out the clock til it dies drives in our future with what we got going...

You guys no nothing about football. I see clear why we can't fill up a stadium. Tannehill will be fine. You non knowing football people don't see what I see. All you see is 1-2 and all go fire and rebuild threads. Yes that's so rookie. Just get use to Tannehill for the next 9 to 11 years.

Will you be here eating crow the next year if Tannehill still sucks??????

It don't look good, but there is the chance that he'll turn it around once he gets acclimated to the offense. Given the other options, Miami should give Tannehill the year. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

It don't look good, but there is the chance that he'll turn it around once he gets acclimated to the offense. Given the other options, Miami should give Tannehill the year. Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I look at it this way: If he turns it around and the light comes on, there's nothing better we could hope for, right? And if he doesn't, then we'll have better draft position.

I look at it this way: If he turns it around and the light comes on, there's nothing better we could hope for, right? And if he doesn't, then we'll have better draft position.

Yeah, you either want him to turn it around or completely crash and burn so you have a shot at a highly rated QB. It's going to be an interesting season for the QB prospects, because the top 4 guys (Winston, Mariota, Hundley, Cooks) can be top-10 picks or fall out of the first round discussion - all for different reasons. But, by next March, I expect at least two from that group to cement themselves as top-10 picks.

Yeah, you either want him to turn it around or completely crash and burn so you have a shot at a highly rated QB. It's going to be an interesting season for the QB prospects, because the top 4 guys (Winston, Mariota, Hundley, Cooks) can be top-10 picks or fall out of the first round discussion - all for different reasons. But, by next March, I expect at least two from that group to cement themselves as top-10 picks.

I don't see Hundley or Cook as first round talents. Cook should go back to school

Back
Top Bottom