Tannehill Needs To Start From Day 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Needs To Start From Day 1

Ryan1973

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Or picking him at #8 was a failure. I don't want to hear about how he needs to sit and learn for a year or two. If he can't beat out Moore and Garrard, he wasn't worth picking at #8. Its that simple. Guys like Dalton did well starting from day 1 last year, Tannehill needs to do the same.

It's wishful thinking and I think you are absolutley right....but its not going to happen. This regime is set on letting Moore and Garrard battle it out while they develop Tannehill.

IMO, you just dont draft a top ten pick to develop him....if you pick top ten he better start from day 1.

I think the entire league knew we were picking Tannehill and therefore made it hard to find a trade partner, this forced the FO to take him at #8

pope_face_palm-1.jpg

its possible becasue newton did it with only 13 games of experience and he did not play in a pro style offense in college. however i would not unless we beef up the OL and make sure he would be protected and not have to scramble for his life. he will need time to read the defenses better and more time to throw in the beginning

He better be to make this pick worth it. If he's not the starter, it was a bad pick.

I don't think he needs nor do I think its a failure that he doesn't. I think he actually can start from Day 1 because he knows the system better than anyone on our roster. He now can be with the coaches full-time and work on what he needs to improve on. IF he is a worker, first guy in last guy out, he could start day 1 and be good.

Yes he does, our oline is not great but it won't get him killed like Tim Couch. Throw him out there...we are 8-8 with him and 8-8 with Moore so let the kid play.

We have to hope our 1st round pick can sit for a season and then become a NFL caliber QB in his 2nd season....

I'm so excited

We could of had Luke Kuechly and he would of started and might be defensive rookie of the year

I get what ur saying but why set him up for failure like that????

Back
Top Bottom