Tannehill Needs To Start From Day 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Needs To Start From Day 1

Yes, let's ruin him quickly
No...I think as a GM or coach you want one of the two outcomes. (Preferably 1)
1) You start him and he is amazing and you now have your franchise quarterback
2) You start him and his is a complete bust. (If he fails, you want him to fail fast)
What you don't want to happen is
3) You start him and he shows some flashes of greatness mixed in with mediocrity (see Chad Henne) After years and years of evaluation you finally realize he isn't the franchise quarterback

should probably give him a season or two off. he's had a tough draft day, guys.

I say start him look at the success rookie QBs have been having, we are a bad to mediocre team right now so let him develop with the team!

That's all.

Tannehill will not be the starter this year in week 1. lol He should truly be given 2 years to develop. There is a huge difference in the speed of the game from college to pros. Just as an NFL player if you know one. AND he only started in college at QB for a year and a half. It takes a lot of time to get QB instincts. If he is not given at least a year - he will be a complete bust.

Lol, its already starting. Everyone on these boards have been discussing how he needs to sit a year or two. Now the pick is in and an hour later the start him day 1 threads begin. That is the best way to set him up to fail. Personally, I am not crazy about the pick but I'm willing to let him sit the season. The way that I'm looking at this is like we traded our first for aa first next year. Baring injuries, that's the earliest he is going to get a chance to start.

its possible becasue newton did it with only 13 games of experience and he did not play in a pro style offense in college. however i would not unless we beef up the OL and make sure he would be protected and not have to scramble for his life. he will need time to read the defenses better and more time to throw in the beginning

I'm always confusing Ryan Tannehill with Cam Newton...............:rolleyes2:

If you don't want to start him now you are pretty much saying he is not worth a 8th overall pick. i mean he isn't nor ever going to be worth that 8th overall pick but at the very least start him to try to get Barkley next year.

Lol, its already starting. Everyone on these boards have been discussing how he needs to sit a year or two. Now the pick is in and an hour later the start him day 1 threads begin. That is the best way to set him up to fail. Personally, I am not crazy about the pick but I'm willing to let him sit the season. The way that I'm looking at this is like we traded our first for aa first next year. Baring injuries, that's the earliest he is going to get a chance to start.

Are you surprised? I'm not. Mike Mayock says he could be a NFL QB would would be KILLED if he plays in his rookie season.

So we have to HOPE that the 8th pick in the draft does not play as a rookie.........

No he really doesnt. At least give him a year, I think Matt Moore can hold the fort for a year or two.

Kid WILL fail if he starts right away. Sitting him and let Moore/Garrard battle it out in 2012 will help him develop. He still will be a #10-#15 QB in the league at BEST.

Reach.

If you don't want to start him now you are pretty much saying he is not worth a 8th overall pick. i mean he isn't nor ever going to be worth that 8th overall pick but at the very least start him to try to get Barkley next year.

Thats my whole point on why he needs to start from day 1. If you don't start him from day 1, you shouldn't have picked him at #8 overall.

I'm going to trust that Philbin will make the correct decision on whether to start him this year or not. And whether or not he eventually brings Miami to a Superbowl will determine if he was a good pick at #8 or not. I don't care if they sit his @$$ down for three years if in year 5 the Dolphins are World Champions. You people are so short sighted. "I'll know if he was worth the 8th pick or not in September." Yeah, right.

Back
Top Bottom