Tannehill Needs To Start From Day 1 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Needs To Start From Day 1

Well then they shouldn't have drafted him at #8 if thats the case. You don't waste a pick that high in the draft on a guy that might need to take a few years to develop. When you draft that high, the guy needs to be an instant starter and make an impact.

No one is arguing that #8 is not too high. But basing whether the pick is a success of failure on if he does or doesn't start right away is silly. If he turns out to be a franchise QB, then I don't care if we took him #1. That is when we decide if it's a failure or success.

Some of you guys need to stop.

Put him in there so you can get your pitch forks and torches out early hugh? Wasn't locker a #8 pick?...that also started 4 years? Cmon man...let the guy sit and learn.I think the only people that wants him to start right now is the ones that wanna say I told you so,he is a bust. He will be fine,you can't get two better coaches to develop a qb. Let's be patient,this is a milestone in dolphins history. Enjoy we haven't picked a guy sine 83.

Threads like these are why I sometimes disassociate myself with our fan base and their sheer ignorance.

It's wishful thinking and I think you are absolutley right....but its not going to happen. This regime is set on letting Moore and Garrard battle it out while they develop Tannehill.

IMO, you just dont draft a top ten pick to develop him....if you pick top ten he better start from day 1.

I think the entire league knew we were picking Tannehill and therefore made it hard to find a trade partner, this forced the FO to take him at #8
if you draft a qb with a top 10 pick he needs to start day 1 imo, unless your starter is named brady or favre...

the issue hear is people keep saying hes not ready...how my games did sanchez play, like 3 more? I would play him but if the coaches think they can develope him into a better player lets hope...

So...we need a QB...weve all said it for...how long now? Then in the first round...at #8...we take a QB. And you guys want him to sit BEHIND 2 backup QBs to.......learn??? The only thing hes going to learn from sitting and watching moore and garrard is that they should be sitting and watching him. For whatever the reason he was taken at #8...they saw him worthy of a first round-top 10 pick. The only thing moore and garrard should be battling for..is the 2nd spot. This team has been a clusterf*ck for waaaaay too long. Let him walk out there and do what you spent your #8 pick for him to do. We dont need to START winning 3 years from now...we need to start winning now.

Let him sit this year. Dalton did good because of AJ Green.

Why does he "NEED" to start from day 1. Tom Brady/Dan Marino/Aaron Rodgers didn't start from day 1. What we NEED to do is develop him properly whether that means he starts the first game this year or next year.

It's like everyone wants us to react like the Browns, Cardinals, Lions, Redskins etc. when drafting/acquiring players but yet NOT be them. Let everything play out and calm down. It's not the worst thing in the world to have patience and a plan in place.

A little question, did Marino start from day one or did he watched from the sidelines, did Rogers start from day 1

A little question, did Marino start from day one or did he watched from the sidelines, did Rogers start from day 1

Marino probably should have started from Day One, and Rodgers had the benefit of having Brett Favre starting in front of him. Apples and oranges.

That way it wont be a pos of need next yr and the yr after and the yr after. It's called Prior Planning. So site back and enjoy the ride cause this is who we are rolling with.

PPPPPP

Back
Top Bottom