Tannehill Needs To Start From Day 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Needs To Start From Day 1

Thats my whole point on why he needs to start from day 1. If you don't start him from day 1, you shouldn't have picked him at #8 overall.

Totally disagree they needed a QB and liked the kid so they picked him when he was there. Our next pick is is round 2 and he would have been gone.

So if he sits for a couple of years, and when he starts, he performs like Aaron Rodgers, it will be a failed pick?

no he needs to sit and develop.. name me 1 QB who started 19 games in college and was good in the NFL?

Ryan Tannehill drafted by Miami Dolphins. Immediately calls Saints PR people and offers 75k bounty on himself.

15 picks his senior season, three 3 interception games, lost 3 double-digit halftime leads...needs to sit at least one year, maybe two just to see if he has what it takes.

Like Marino started game one....

That was a different era and Marino could have started from day 1. But they also didn't draft Marino at #8, they got him at the end of the first round after a Super Bowl season. Tannehill needs to start or they shouldn't have drafted him that high to begin with. Its that simple. Dalton did fine last year starting from day 1.

Or picking him at #8 was a failure. I don't want to hear about how he needs to sit and learn for a year or two. If he can't beat out Moore and Garrard, he wasn't worth picking at #8. Its that simple. Guys like Dalton did well starting from day 1 last year, Tannehill needs to do the same.

He cant start from day 1, he has too much to learn shag. Not being negative just saying

He cant start from day 1, he has too much to learn shag. Not being negative just saying

Well then they shouldn't have drafted him at #8 if thats the case. You don't waste a pick that high in the draft on a guy that might need to take a few years to develop. When you draft that high, the guy needs to be an instant starter and make an impact.

OP is dead wrong. This kid hasn't played nearly enough quarterback to start day 1, which is why you can't compare him to Andy Dalton, who started at TCU for years.

Not sure why there's this "you have to play a first-round/top-10 QB day 1". Eli Manning went 1st overall.

Once he's on the team, it doesn't matter where you picked him; all that matters is that he succeeds.

Well then they shouldn't have drafted him at #8 if thats the case. You don't waste a pick that high in the draft on a guy that might need to take a few years to develop. When you draft that high, the guy needs to be an instant starter and make an impact.

Don't shoot the messenger :lol:

I wanted Kuechly, Decastro or Cox

He is so not ready to play. Yep...let him get his ears boxed in. That will be good for the kid.

Don't shoot the messenger :lol:

I wanted Kuechly, Decastro or Cox

Well so did I. Those guys will contribute from day 1 and make an impact. Not waiting and hoping that Tannehill will work out in three years.

I'd like to see him sit for a year at the minimum. He's all about potential, not polish. He needs the time to learn all the aspects of the game.

Back
Top Bottom