Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

Junc has been pushing this "talented team" around Tannehill for awhile now. I think he's trying to convince himself the Dolphins' QB isn't any good.

Your not playoff caliber when your O-line is at or near the bottom in the league in every category....Sorry junc...nice try.

I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers was sacked a record number of times the year they won the Super Bowl, I know they lead the league in sacks that year. Hmmmmmm now what was the common denominator?

Your not playoff caliber when your O-line is at or near the bottom in the league in every category....Sorry junc...nice try.

I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers was sacked a record number of times the year they won the Super Bowl, I know they lead the league in sacks that year. Hmmmmmm now what was the common denominator?

the oline came together as a unit later in the season once they got back their starters from injury...that's what

Junc has been pushing this "talented team" around Tannehill for awhile now. I think he's trying to convince himself the Dolphins' QB isn't any good.

it's funny, all offseason I heard how talented you were but now b/c the team failed they weren't talented? look at your weapons, look at ours. we had the same record w/ half the talent.

he's been sacked 50+ times twice, both times led team to playoffs

2009: 50 sacks in 541 attempts, one every 10.8 pass attempts
2012: 51 in 552, 10.8

Ryan 2013: 58 in 588, 10.1

similar.

run games:

GB 2012: green/benson/starks: 277 carries, 3.5 YPC
Miami 2013: top 2 backs: 286 carries, 3.9 YPC

GB 2012 made div rd, scored 48 points in 2 playoff games
Mia 2013 lost to Buf and NYj scoring 7 points TOTAL in weeks 16 & 17 needing one win to make playoffs

Obviously it's not fair to compare him to Rodgers(even if he is a young, more athletic Tom Brady:lol:) but it is possible to win w/ a struggling OL and he had a much better D than GB too.

The 2010 Green Bay Packers were sacked 38 times that year which was 13 less than the year before.

Uh. Aaron Rodgers was sacked 31 times that year. Matt Flynn was sacked 7 times. That's a record? When did this board turn into a colossal dumpster fire? Is this the shouright effect at work?

rodgers was getting pummelled early in one of those seasons i think it was the super bowl one when he was missing his starting left tackle clifton with injury and another guy got shifted there...when clifton came back the unit came together...and the pack made their run...barring that they weren't going anywhere

i may be mistaken but weren't they also like 9-7 or something that year and had to win out multiple games to get in and then rode the momentum all the way to the bowl...simiilar to what the giants did a few years ago

the oline came together as a unit later in the season once they got back their starters from injury...that's what

Odd Rodgers was sacked 3 times in the Super Bowl, knocked down several more times, and hurried even more doesn't seem like much of a improvement.

rodgers was getting pummelled early in one of those seasons i think it was the super bowl one when he was missing his starting left tackle clifton with injury and another guy got shifted there...when clifton came back the unit came together...and the pack made their run...barring that they weren't going anywhere

i may be mistaken but weren't they also like 9-7 or something that year and had to win out multiple games to get in and then rode the momentum all the way to the bowl...simiilar to what the giants did a few years ago

10-6. They won like 7 of Rodgers' last 8 starts and dropped a couple with Flynn playing. They got red hot going into the playoffs, though.

Well...lets see Ryan, first of all Green Bay wasn't even in the top ten in sacks allowed in 2010 (the year they won the Superbowl).

They gave up 38.........20 less than the 2013 Dolphins.

Second, 2010 was Aaron Rodgers 9th year playing the QB position (3 years in college, his 6th in the pros) or 6th year as a starting QB if you want to quibble.

2013 was Ryan Tannehill's 3rd full season playing the QB position.

So, despite suffering 20 more sacks than Rodgers...you expect a QB with half the experience to be as polished?

Tell me again about the common denominator?

Uh. Aaron Rodgers was sacked 31 times that year. Matt Flynn was sacked 7 times. That's a record? When did this board turn into a colossal dumpster fire? Is this the shouright effect at work?

Notice I said I was "pretty sure"?

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Well...lets see Ryan, first of all Green Bay wasn't even in the top ten in sacks allowed in 2010 (the year they won the Superbowl).

They gave up 38.........20 less than the 2013 Dolphins.

Second, 2010 was Aaron Rodgers 9th year playing the QB position (3 years in college, his 6th in the pros) or 6th year as a starting QB if you want to quibble.

2013 was Ryan Tannehill's 3rd full season playing the QB position.

So, despite suffering 20 more sacks than Rodgers...you expect a QB with half the experience to be as polished?

Tell me again about the common denominator?

The common denominator is Joe Philbin as OC/Oline coach in Green Bay his I lines were terrible and in Miami his oline is terrible.

The Miami OL played pretty well the 2nd half of the season including manhandling our excellent DL TWICE.

1st 8 games:
289 pass attempts, 35 sacks. 1 per every 8.3 attempts

2nd 8 games:
299 pass attempts, 23 sacks. 1 per every 13 attempts

1st half record: 4-4
2nd half: 4-4

Back
Top Bottom