Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers was sacked a record number of times the year they won the Super Bowl, I know they lead the league in sacks that year. Hmmmmmm now what was the common denominator?

the oline came together as a unit later in the season once they got back their starters from injury...that's what

it's funny, all offseason I heard how talented you were but now b/c the team failed they weren't talented? look at your weapons, look at ours. we had the same record w/ half the talent.

he's been sacked 50+ times twice, both times led team to playoffs

2009: 50 sacks in 541 attempts, one every 10.8 pass attempts
2012: 51 in 552, 10.8

Ryan 2013: 58 in 588, 10.1

similar.

run games:

GB 2012: green/benson/starks: 277 carries, 3.5 YPC
Miami 2013: top 2 backs: 286 carries, 3.9 YPC

GB 2012 made div rd, scored 48 points in 2 playoff games
Mia 2013 lost to Buf and NYj scoring 7 points TOTAL in weeks 16 & 17 needing one win to make playoffs

Obviously it's not fair to compare him to Rodgers(even if he is a young, more athletic Tom Brady:lol:) but it is possible to win w/ a struggling OL and he had a much better D than GB too.

The 2010 Green Bay Packers were sacked 38 times that year which was 13 less than the year before.

rodgers was getting pummelled early in one of those seasons i think it was the super bowl one when he was missing his starting left tackle clifton with injury and another guy got shifted there...when clifton came back the unit came together...and the pack made their run...barring that they weren't going anywhere

i may be mistaken but weren't they also like 9-7 or something that year and had to win out multiple games to get in and then rode the momentum all the way to the bowl...simiilar to what the giants did a few years ago
There is no correlation between sacks suffered on offense and the measures of QB play most strongly correlated with winning:

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...h-NFL-Quarterback-Play-and-Winning&highlight=

And there was no correlation, game-to-game, in 2013, between the sacks the Dolphins experienced on offense and those measures of Ryan Tannehill's play. In other words, when the Dolphins were sacked less, Ryan Tannehill didn't play any better in those games, nor did he play any worse in the games in which he was sacked more, and he wasn't pressured any more often than the average QB on the season. In fact he was pressured slightly less often than the average QB in 2013.

This is a red herring, folks. Go 'round and 'round about it if you wish, but it's meaningless in terms of judging the play of Ryan Tannehill in 2013 or the future.

Yeah, I noticed you just made it up and said you were pretty sure about it. A++ would waste two minutes of my time fact checking poop thrown against a wall again.

I wasn't **** slinging Flynn and Rodgers were two of the most pressured QBs when you figure in sacks, knock downs, and pressures that year and the year before and year after.

No...there is no correlation between getting hammered 58 times, losing your confidence in your protection, and your performance!

Sell crazy some place else....no one that matters agrees with you!

Tell Dan Marino after Supbowl 19 that it doesn't matter!

23 sacks in 8 games sucks.............big improvement!

when you consider 7 came in one game yeah that was a huge improvement plus they played some really good Ds.

you guys can make all the excuses you want, plays were there to be made, games were there to be won and he failed. It wasn't all on him but if he played well they play in postseason.

it's funny, all offseason I heard how talented you were but now b/c the team failed they weren't talented? look at your weapons, look at ours. we had the same record w/ half the talent.
Yep, just like I thought. It's a Dolphins vs. Jets thing

No...there is no correlation between getting hammered 58 times, losing your confidence in your protection, and your performance!

As always, "if you can't attack the evidence, attack the witness." ;)

please explain how he lost his confidence winning 4 of 5 games including beating NE heading into those final 2 weeks?

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Yep, just like I thought. It's a Dolphins vs. Jets thing

nope, just pointing out difference in talent.

According to Gravity/Shouright, we could field 6 players with no OL blocking and our Qb would perform just as well.

10-6. They won like 7 of Rodgers' last 8 starts and dropped a couple with Flynn playing. They got red hot going into the playoffs, though.

ok yeah 10-6 and i think that only got em in as the #6 seed...but i do remember rodgers was getting killed early that year...oline definitely the elephant in the room...remember thinking rodgers will never last with all that contact...hard contact too

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

According to Gravity/Shouright, we could field 6 players with no OL blocking and our Qb would perform just as well.

like i said no football common sense...he can shove that red herring crap up his ***

As always, "if you can't attack the evidence, attack the witness." ;)

Fortunately, when the witness has been proved to be a quack, it's actually a pretty good line of argument. It saves time. For instance, if you were to attend a conference on anthropology and/or archaeology and asked someone to comment on Erich von Daniken's latest dumbass hypothesis, you'd be laughed out of the room.

Nobody wants to waste their time arguing with a snake oil peddler over the merits of his latest offering that has the words 'CASTOR OIL' crossed out on the label and replaced with 'WONDER DRUG.'

Well, FinFanInBuffalo seems to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom