Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

No but he was picking his nose.

:lol: there was plenty of time to come back in that one. was that his 2nd or 3rd pick of that game?:lol:

sigpic10652_20.gif

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

That is big news, but there were some smart posters on here who could clearly see Matt Moore and Pat Devlin would have gotten this team into the playoffs, certainly during our last 2 games of the season, against inferior competition.

I received an email from a friend, that a certain long time poster was banned for his critical opinions about Tannehill. Not sure if this is true, but to ban a poster for having an opinion about the team is a bit silly.

Maybe Ireland forced Philbin to go with Tannehill all along?

I hope something good comes out of this.

you wouldn't have made the playoffs w/ Moore/Devlin(obviously) either and I have a hard time believing they would ban anyone for not liking a certain player.

was Ryan laughing on the sidelines late in losses? how many QBs are doing that?

Actually yeah him and Hartline were laughing it up! Could you imagine Hartline trying to joke with Marino as the playoffs slip away?

I believe Moore and Devlin and Bortles are better than Tannehill.

I heard that dude that goes by D1 got a lifetime ban, I'm not sure if he's talking smack, but I heard through a friend.

Ryan Tannehill holds onto the ball way too long and misses to many open receivers. Even with all that, he almost got us there, hopefully with better coaching next year and Philbins promise to yank him will bring some needed changes.

I feel Ireland was forcing Philbin to go with Tannehill. Totally my opinion and have I nothing to go by.

I believe Moore and Devlin and Bortles are better than Tannehill.

I heard that dude that goes by D1 got a lifetime ban, I'm not sure if he's talking smack, but I heard through a friend.

Ryan Tannehill holds onto the ball way too long and misses to many open receivers. Even with all that, he almost got us there, hopefully with better coaching next year and Philbins promise to yank him will bring some needed changes.

I feel Ireland was forcing Philbin to go with Tannehill. Totally my opinion and have I nothing to go by.

Moore and devlin are definitely not better, from what I have seen of Bortles I'd take Ryan though I do need to see more of him.

That is big news, but there were some smart posters on here who could clearly see Matt Moore and Pat Devlin would have gotten this team into the playoffs, certainly during our last 2 games of the season, against inferior competition.

I received an email from a friend, that a certain long time poster was banned for his critical opinions about Tannehill. Not sure if this is true, but to ban a poster for having an opinion about the team is a bit silly.

Maybe Ireland forced Philbin to go with Tannehill all along?

I hope something good comes out of this.
Matt Moore took 6 snaps against Buffalo and managed 2 interceptions with 1 fumble.
Are you sure you want to call them "smart posters"?

so now you wanna tell me that every qb doesnt at times pick his nose or do something he'd rather not have put on camera on the sideline...:rolleyes2:

We've got two years invested in Ryan and i've seen enough to give him another chance.
Hopefully the new OC can solve the long ball to Wallace problem and get us a decent line and running game.

If after that there is still problems scoring or winning big games with the playoffs on the line then I think we go in another direction but not now.

There was improvement over year one especially in the TD to int totals which is a big stat for me..Stay the course.

they aren't going in another direction when a qb comes off a 24 td season in year 2...not with all the straight trash this teams put out there at qb through the years...but keep thinking this is a one more year trial run if you want to

:lol:

they aren't going in another direction when a qb comes off a 24 td season in year 2...not with all the straight trash this teams put out there at qb through the years...but keep thinking this is a one more year trial run if you want to

if he has a similar season next year and the team misses the playoffs again there will be a house cleaning and that would include the QB. I think he'll better, it may or may not be reflected in the #s but I would expect he'd be better.

if he has a similar season next year and the team misses the playoffs again there will be a house cleaning and that would include the QB. I think he'll better, it may or may not be reflected in the #s but I would expect he'd be better.

stop talking that stuff as if you know...a house cleaning probably would be in order but it doesnt mean that they wont find a gm and head coach willing to lay his career on the line with tannehill...this is not another one of those coach killer qbs...

the qbs not the problem anyways...never has been

There are times I'm glad the internet was not around during the Marino era...could you have imagine the posts about him in the 90's....

So the Dolphins have a QB who showed improvement from one year to the next, playing again with significant handicaps on his offense (play calling and offensive line) and people simply think the team is just going to move on from him...

As for Philbins comments....

Guy talking to Philbin: "how do you feel about Ryan"

Philbin: "we would like to see more improvement and will be keeping a close eye on his development"

Guy to Philbin: "What about the other QB's on the roster"

Philbin: "Matt Moore is a guy we have a lot of confidence in and could use if needed"

Guy to reporter "The Dolphins are going to watch Tannehill closely and his development and have a lot of confidence in Moore"

Reporter: "Dolphins have Tannehill on a short leash and could go with Moore"

Got to love sources

Every year is a trial dude. If the team regresses and Ryan has a really bad year there will probably be another coach who'll want "his" QB.
If Ryan was an established star he could withstand a bad year but he is not ... yet.

Every year is a trial dude. If the team regresses and Ryan has a really bad year there will probably be another coach who'll want "his" QB.
If Ryan was an established star he could withstand a bad year but he is not ... yet.

if he completely falls apart and starts spraying the ball all over the place and making bad decisions and going what i like to call christian ponder after his first read is taken away then yes maybe...

but good luck with that happening

He should have atleast thrown for 24 td's with the amoun tof passing attempts he had in general, and the amount in the redzone. This team was pass 90% of the time in the red zone.

so now you wanna tell me that every qb doesnt at times pick his nose or do something he'd rather not have put on camera on the sideline...:rolleyes2:
Hang on let me dig up some stats on that....

:lol: ;)

Back
Top Bottom