Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

sure provided you stop acting like those qbs were all that and a bag of chips after year 2 and top 5 franchise guys...but i doubt that's gonna happen

how many good/top QBs in the league had a golden opportunity like Ryan weeks 16 & 17 by year 2 and failed as badly as he did?

Brady? won SB
Peyton? playoffs
Rodgers? Playoffs
Ben? SB
Luck? playoffs
Wilson? SB
Flacco? playoffs
Eli? playoffs
Ryan? playoffs

basically it's Brees and he led his team to 8-8 a year after they were 5-11 and 1-15 the year before.

Thats fine, but im not gonna lump Ryan Tannehill in that category of the "best" QB's in the league when RT reminds me more of a Tony Romo then a Drew Brees (who you LOVE comparing him to)

i never compared him to brees at all...if anything i see a young version in year 2 of a tom brady with better legs...laugh all you want

oh and "come get this work" :lol:

yeah he had a great team...with no qb...wasted a top level defense in their prime as a result...a defense you could win championships with

hmmm, so you do need a decent QB to win consistently even w/ a great D? interesting.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

i never compared him to brees at all...if anything i see a young version in year 2 of a tom brady with better legs...laugh all you want

:lol::lol: the only favorable comparison w/ Brady is he has a better looking wife.

Jerry Angelo actually had a lot of success in Chicago. Ireland can only dream of the run that Angelo had with the Bears.

Until the Bears traded for Jay Cutler in 2009, Chicago never had a QB worth a damn in the eight years prior under Angelo.

yeah you are setting yourself up for heartbreak with a rex grossman as your qb...even mark sanchez may have been able to win with that bears team...maybe...provided he wasn't asked to do too much or put too much on his shoulders...cause god knows when that happened he fell flat on his face

that bears team man for man was better than that colts one...

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Until the Bears traded for Jay Cutler in 2009, Chicago never had a QB worth a damn in the eight years prior under Angelo.

bingo...

HAHAHAHHA thats hilarious
T. Brady (6th round pick) who started his career as a backup, came in for D. Bledsoe in YEAR 2 and led his team to a SB WIN!!
R. Tannehill (#8 overall) started his career right away and in YEAR 2 had a golden opportunity to make the playoffs and failed miserably the last two weeks (more so against NYJ because the bad OL play wasnt even an excuse in WK 17)

They are polar opposites, I dont know where you get your comparison from, i think its blind faith, but call it what you want, i just pointed out the facts.....COME AND GET THIS WORK!!!

So please, keep spewing out your opinions and I will give you the FACTS!!!

I REAAALLLYY hope he works out but I don't see how some of you guys are so sold on Tannehill already. He hasn't been that great tbh

I REAAALLLYY hope he works out but I don't see how some of you guys are so sold on Tannehill already. He hasn't been that great tbh

You would think hes won 2 superbowls, broke 15 single season records with the way people think of RT on this forum..

HAHAHAHHA thats hilarious
T. Brady (6th round pick) who started his career as a backup, came in for D. Bledsoe in YEAR 2 and led his team to a SB WIN!!
R. Tannehill (#8 overall) started his career right away and in YEAR 2 had a golden opportunity to make the playoffs and failed miserably the last two weeks (more so against NYJ because the bad OL play wasnt even an excuse in WK 17)

They are polar opposites, I dont know where you get your comparison from, i think its blind faith, but call it what you want, i just pointed out the facts.....COME AND GET THIS WORK!!!

i guess i will entertain this one last time...that pats team had a top level d not some d that fell on its face every time in the crunch or gave up tds late that gave other teams the lead like ours in 2013 they had a run game they had a good oline...and brady was a game manager...

to try and compare that to miamis 2013 is borderline retarded

Watch Mark Sanchez get a starting job somewhere next season and outplay Tannehill.

i guess i will entertain this one last time...that pats team had a top level d not some d that fell on its face every time in the crunch or gave up tds late that gave other teams the lead like ours in 2013 they had a run game they had a good oline...

Our D was fine this year, they held BUF in week 16 to 19 F****** points, meanwhile our OVERALL PATHETIC offense put up 0 Points, and in Wk 17 our D held NYJ to 20 points and our OVERALL PATHETIC offense mustered up 7 points!!! The difference between making playoffs and not making playoffs was our offense, and that starts with RYAN TANNEHILL!!!

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Ryan Tannehill has not SHOWN ANYTHING to warrant him as a 'YOUNGER TOM BRADY', thats a disgrace to Brady whether you like it or not! What RT has warranted himself as, is a Baby Tony Romo...with his pathetic play in big moments and big games...oh yea, and useless stats that dont mean **** when your team never wins...

Our D was fine this year, they held BUF in week 16 to 19 F****** points, meanwhile our OVERALL PATHETIC offense put up 0 Points, and in Wk 17 our D held NYJ to 20 points and our OVERALL PATHETIC offense mustered up 7 points!!! The difference between making playoffs and not making playoffs was our offense, and that starts with RYAN TANNEHILL!!!

you didnt make the playoffs skippy cause your oline was horrendous over the course of the season in both facets...that's why...you can lay it all on week 17 and the qb if you want but that's the reason in a nutshell...we couldn't run in short yardage power sets if our life depended on it...

they aren't doing over at qb this offseason they are doing over on the oline...and for good reason...it killed our season

well that and the lb play was horrid

they didn't even after trading for Cutler.

yeah you are setting yourself up for heartbreak with a rex grossman as your qb...even mark sanchez may have been able to win with that bears team...maybe...provided he wasn't asked to do too much or put too much on his shoulders...cause god knows when that happened he fell flat on his face

that bears team man for man was better than that colts one...

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

bingo...
he would have won a SB w/ that team and he would have guided you guys to the playoffs this year.

i guess i will entertain this one last time...that pats team had a top level d not some d that fell on its face every time in the crunch or gave up tds late that gave other teams the lead like ours in 2013 they had a run game they had a good oline...and brady was a game manager...

The top level Pats D led them to a 5-11 record the year before and they were 0-2 in 2001 before Brady stepped on the field. They also became the first team in SB history to blow a 14 pt 4th qtr lead.

Brady transformed an organization his first year playing.

Watch Mark Sanchez get a starting job somewhere next season and outplay Tannehill.

he'll get another shot to start, it may not be this year but he will succeed somewhere else. I am hoping he goes to Cincy and Dalton struggles in big games again.

he'll get another shot to start, it may not be this year but he will succeed somewhere else. I am hoping he goes to Cincy and Dalton struggles in big games again.

Sanchez would take the Bengals to the playoffs guaranteed. He would actually be a good fit for them. I think they could be a legit contender if they signed a good game manager type at QB who can get the ball downfield when the running game is going.

Back
Top Bottom