Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7 | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7

I don’t understand why you guys are wasting time looking at Finley. This team already has someone like him in Luke Falk. What a waste of draft pick that would be.

IDK progression wise he's much better, he shows much better pocket presence and I think his arm is little better than Falk's was in college.

Yeah I mean there is an awful lot to like. A team like Miami it’s almost like why not. He can drive the ball inside the numbers.

If gase wants timing, placement, and accuracy plus correct reads this kids got it. His feet are in sync with the route combos as is the ball out of hand

Oh yeah Jared Goff put on ten pounds this offseason, and it looks like it helped a lot.

IDK progression wise he's much better, he shows much better pocket presence and I think his arm is little better than Falk's was in college.
Falks accuracy was what stood out in college. He doesn’t have the strongest arm but for the type of throws that Gase’s system asks for, Falk fits that description and the reason why Gase Wanted to draft him.
I personally don’t see anything special with the kid but I’m sure Gase loves him.

I agree with this. Better arm better feet in the pocket and better thru progressions.

But I like falk as a potential long term 2 deep with average starter likely ceiling.

I like finley more cause I really like how in sync his feet are with his progressions and I’m tellin ya that kid knows where to go with the football. He’d be a lock top 5 pick if he had more arm and a little better frame. But that’s how guys like this get to you mid teens etc they lack the wow arm and physical measurables.

And when I see him flushed it looks to me like he has a plan same for when he gets north south with the ball as a ball carrier.

I’d be surprised if gase wasn’t very interested in the fit for the offense ask.

I’m behind the live feed but I just saw a ball into the end zone looked like his second or more likely 3rd progression that needs to be driven with more on it.

That’s the kind of thing that makes you a little nervous.

The timing can offset a lot of things but when I need tight window rope I need you to have your ass behind it and rip it in there.

Falks accuracy was what stood out in college. He doesn’t have the strongest arm but for the type of throws that Gase’s system asks for, Falk fits that description and the reason why Gase Wanted to draft him.
I personally don’t see anything special with the kid but I’m sure Gase loves him.

I liked Falk in college he had good feet, eye discipline and good ball placement, I thought he would of went higher.

I liked Falk in college he had good feet, eye discipline and good ball placement, I thought he would of went higher.

I did too I thought he was a 4th round value just cause of arm limitations.

The longer you watch finley the more you see that ball take longer to arrive than you want at or outside the numbers. Those dbs in off are inching closer and closer. He’s gonna have to have spot on timing

I’m behind the live feed but I just saw a ball into the end zone looked like his second or more likely 3rd progression that needs to be driven with more on it.

That’s the kind of thing that makes you a little nervous.

The timing can offset a lot of things but when I need tight window rope I need you to have your *** behind it and rip it in there.

U know what thinking back despite his arm the out wasn't a problem for Falk in college. So maybe the arm is comparable.

I did too I thought he was a 4th round value just cause of arm limitations.

The longer you watch finley the more you see that ball take longer to arrive than you want at or outside the numbers. Those dbs in off are inching closer and closer. He’s gonna have to have spot on timing

Falk's timing was spot on in college.

U know what thinking back despite his arm the out wasn't a problem for Falk in college. So maybe the arm is comparable.

I think falk threw more inside breaking stuff especially to the true slot ask.

This kid finley looks to be asked to throw a little more where the arm ask is higher.

They both have good placement and timing and accuracy but I like Finley’s pocket feel better and his feet. More active feet. He’s a better athlete than you think too watching him move

Last edited by a moderator:
Falk's timing was spot on in college.

The problem with qbs who have spot on timing is they get labeled as script way too much.

No they just know where to go with the football and get it out in sync with the route combos by and large.

So who comes to camp next year is all I keep thinking about...

Falk
Fales?

If Ryan ends up having surgery then you really got to think hard about a release, if you can’t add Teddy (hottest name) who? A rookie. It would seem very uninspiring, unless Gase think he can work with Falk

The problem with qbs who have spot on timing is they get labeled as script way too much.

No they just know where to go with the football and get it out in sync with the route combos by and large.

Findley is a legit option for us but I wanna see how he tests in shorts, I wanna see want that ball velocity measuring thing read lol. I won't be surprised if he picks up a fair amount of steam after the senior bowl in a weak qb class.

So who comes to camp next year is all I keep thinking about...

Falk
Fales?

If Ryan ends up having surgery then you really got to think hard about a release, if you can’t add Teddy (hottest name) who? A rookie. It would seem very uninspiring, unless Gase think he can work with Falk

Yea his medical condition is going to be crucial going into the offseason.

Back
Top Bottom