Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor

People acting like none of these incoming qbs can even hold Tannehill’s jockstrap. That all the QBs in the draft are absolute scrubs compared to Tannehill. Tannehill has proven nothing. He’s still a question mark going into this season just as these rookie QBs are question marks. I guarantee at least 2 of these qbs will be more proven and better than Tannehill in 3 seasons.

I wouldn't say he hasn't proven anything, he's proven to be a serviceable QB, who has good stretches at times. He's proven to at least be a good QB, might never be elite/great but is at least good. I certainly wouldn't say he's bust or awful which is the chance you take when drafting a rookie QB, that they could end up being Kyle Boller, J.P Losman, Jim Drunckenmiller. You could definitely do a lot worse and also a lot better.

People acting like none of these incoming qbs can even hold Tannehill’s jockstrap. That all the QBs in the draft are absolute scrubs compared to Tannehill. Tannehill has proven nothing. He’s still a question mark going into this season just as these rookie QBs are question marks. I guarantee at least 2 of these qbs will be more proven and better than Tannehill in 3 seasons.
He's proven more than Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield and the rest... that much i know.

I wouldn't say he hasn't proven anything, he's proven to be a serviceable QB, who has good stretches at times. He's proven to at least be a good QB, might never be elite/great but is at least good. I certainly wouldn't say he's bust or awful which is the chance you take when drafting a rookie QB, that they could end up being Kyle Boller, J.P Losman, Jim Drunckenmiller. You could definitely do a lot worse and also a lot better.
He’s proven he’s not a complete bust. He’s an epitome of the Dolphins: not great but not awful either. Not a good position to be in.

If this happens, then I'm all for blowing up the entire team right down to the sod at Hard Rock Stadium and begin all over again. I'll take 3 years of utter sorrow and straight up losing while playing rookies and FA's. All in the hope of re-shaping the team into one in which coach Gase will be happy. If that doesn't work bring in another coach to see what he can do. Hey, it's not like we have been close to anything resembling a title anyways.

I see the Vance connection in being around Ryan day in, day out. This trade would absolutely have to pass the Elway test.

If Elway believes that Ryan could be surrounded with a good back, good receivers, and a great O-line, then yes it could be done. Maybe Elway doesn't like any qb's this draft.

Also, Denver is in a window where they are trying to win now. I get the feeling Miami is rebuilding.

Denver is always trying to win now. I highly doubt that they draft a QB in the first round. No rookie QB has ever lead a team to a SB. Denver going after Tannehill or Cousins seems cery likely. But if we do trade Tannehill, we might as well have a fire sell. Then let Gase just completely rebuild the team in his image.

If this happens, then I'm all for blowing up the entire team right down to the sod at Hard Rock Stadium and begin all over again. I'll take 3 years of utter sorrow and straight up losing while playing rookies and FA's. All in the hope of re-shaping the team into one in which coach Gase will be happy. If that doesn't work bring in another coach to see what he can do. Hey, it's not like we have been close to anything resembling a title anyways.
I am personally in favor of trading every player over 25 that has any draft pick value and/or high salary. Tannehill, Suh, James, Jones, etc.

Fully on the rebuild wagon. But I don't care if they wait a few years because rebuilding with Tannenbaum is pretty pointless.

It will take a couple years to for him to get used to the new scheme and terminology, not sure who is calling plays put pretty sure he would turn out to be a turd. How is Denvers Oline?
Tannehill has been inflicted with more than one dolphinturd over the years and he's overcome them. So there's no reason if he stays healthy that he couldn't also rise above another OC turd no matter the stench.

Here. Let me help.

1) People saying "These QBs can't hold Tannehill's jockstrap" is not the same as them saying "I don't agree that these QB are equally proven in the NFL as Tannehill."

2) There is absolutely no way to justify equating a QB who has never taken a snap in the NFL as being equally proven to Ryan Tannehill. None. You can distract and deflect by pointing fingers at "extreme Tannehill supporters" all you want. Your post was the absolute epitome of the converse...extreme Tannehill hate. You posted it. At least own it.

3) Your guarantee means nothing. There have been people much more experienced than either of us *guaranteeing* that certain QBs would be the next coming of a superstar for decades. Jeff George. Todd Marinovich. Rick Mirer. Ryan Leaf. Tim Couch. Akili Smith. Kyle Boller. JaMarcus Russell. RG3. Manziel. They were all wrong. Let's look back at the 2012 QB class and say, "Huh. Who thought that the 6th and 7th QBs drafted that year would be the ones with Super Bowl Rings, and the 8th QB taken was about to sign the richest contract in NFL history?"

You don't know any better than anyone else whether ANY of these QBs will be better then Tannehill in 1, 5, or 15 years.

If elway thinks that much of Tannehilll we should KEEP him.

elway is a complete and utter jerk but he knows his football and especially QBing.

It also speaks to his opinion of the rookie crop (which I share). I don't believe ANY of the touted QBs will ever sniff contention with the next 5 years. darnold will be perfect fit for Cleveland (hapless), rosen will be a backup, allen will be practice-squad, mayfield will be a good player but temperamental.

I expect Rudolph to be better than all of them.

Last AND least, I expect jackson to out-rgIII rgIII.

Last edited:
You can't use RT17 to move up. Even if you draft QB need to play RT17 to establish himself and reset his value as a RD1 pick.
I'm stumped right now with this QB talk especially given Quinn move...

It’s not happening. Don’t be stumped. Some of these guys have been trying to say tannehills our the door this year for years now and every year they’ve been wrong. The loudest mouth in this thread even started a count down of games left in the tannehill error.

Eventually they will be right but it won’t be any time soon barring injury

And I don’t care if they add baker mayfield or not at 11 and considering they need a plan b two deep with upside I won’t rule out that they may do just that.

He will still hold a clip board if they do

I think it would probably be josh rosen though cause everything I have heard with gase is he’s not a fan of spread qbs

Last edited:
Keep Tanny and draft a qb if there’s one you love at 11. This is team is going absoluty nowhere this year anyway so we should draft BPA with every pick imo

Back
Top Bottom