Tannehill Traded To Titans | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Traded To Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, that's evidence RT quit on the team, not vice versa.

Also, it's a shame we played him on defense and he allowed the bills to score so many points.

I'm not saying he quit on the team. I don't believe that at all.

I'm simply pointing out that you saying the team quit on him then in a subsequent post referring to a game in which we gave up 45 points doesn't make much sense. Nor does it provide any evidence to your claim that the team quit on him.

Why don't those things make sense.....they don't have to be mutually exclusive. It very possibly could be because the defense knew RT wasn't a guy they could rely on and after having so many 3 and outs either gave up on any hope with him, were physically exhausted/pissed from his inability to keep the offense on the field, knew he didn't have what it took to lead/comeback for a victory etc. or any combination of those and other reasons.

Thank you. Don't understand people's mentality of kicking a guy who gave his 100% with us just because his 100% wasn't good enough.

I've long suspected that a bunch of people who are unhappy in their own lives or with a particular relative or boss but can't do anything about it have used Tannehill as a surrogate to get the poison out.

Thank you. Don't understand people's mentality of kicking a guy who gave his 100% with us just because his 100% wasn't good enough.
Exactly. He didn't ask to be drafted 8th, he didn't pick his coaches or coordinators but he gave a lot on the field but just didn't win enough.

We now move on and people are still pissed.

Reading all these thread post I can't help but cringe. Because you know it won't be long before these very same poster start ripping the next long term QB Miami acquires.
This vicious cycle always repeats itself.

Even funnier is how long will it be before the "We should have never traded Tannehill" threads pop-up? Especially if he goes on to do well with the Titans?

Mark this day down folks. I guarantee you we're going to be coming back to it.

Only way it’s more valuable is if they wait til 2020 to draft their qb. And even then it’s basically a throw in to acquire it. So I guess in that regard because it was part of the package that got you your qb you could technically call it more valuable.

March 15th 2019, The GREATEST DAY IN THE LAST 20 YEARS OF THIS FRANCHISE!!!! I love Chris Geier lol we robbed the Titans on this deal. There was no market for Tannehill and somehow we got a 4th rounder lamo, greatest day ever, I've never been so proud of our front office.

Trades still don't happen in a vacuum, it's all about leverage and Miami had none becasue they were likely going to cut Tannehill.

Not becasue Tannehill is a terrible player, but because he is expensive, the fans (such as yourself) would have rioted and that would have been a major problem for the boss Ross, and Miami is hitting the reset button as an organization.

Tannehill is still the best and most productive QB Miami has had since Marino, you could argue Penny was better but only for 1 year which wasn't that spectacular.

He was a decent selection @ #8 overall for a team desperate for a QB, not his fault the team couldn't find someone better or build a better team around him.

Tenn is a great spot for him, wish him the best and I'm sure he will do well once MM predictably goes down.

Rioted like me? I was until the last few games of 18, resigned to the fact he and Gase would get to 2020. So no, I was no longer "raging", I was apathetic if anything. Have been for years.

As for the rest, I commented in the Wake thread i wished him the best. That he was going to a good team with a inconsistent QB. Well I guess the only thing better than 1 inconsistent QB is 2.

And I do wish him the best. Even though that shouldn't matter. Dude has made millions and has lived a wonderful life and wife.

Predicted this years ago. I knew he would be a back up for another team this year. Good luck except against US!
I'm willing to wager you that he'll be their starter before the end of the year. Mariotta is fragile and not very good either. The most popular player on the team of a sub par quarterback is the backup, regardless of their ability. It's why everyone loved Matt Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom