Tannehill Traded To Titans | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Traded To Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you probably answered it - mostly to provide draft material for this site. Although I’ve made some friends in my years here. They are why I stop by here. Not whatever idiot is running the Dolphins.

I really don’t post that much on here. I spend most of my time on a Bama forum, coaching forum like coachhuey.com, or high school football forums.

One day soon I’ll probably just ease on out. But the draft forum should be in good hands with posters like J-doll here for Dolphin fans that want knowledge on draft prospects.

No!!!! You cannot ever leave...The football I.Q. on this forum would drop by 50 percent...and I can’t lose my BAMA tag team partner..There is no Road Warrior Aniamal without Road Warrior Hawk.
Love you my BAMA brother!!

Last edited:
I think you probably answered it - mostly to provide draft material for this site. Although I’ve made some friends in my years here. They are why I stop by here. Not whatever idiot is running the Dolphins.

I really don’t post that much on here. I spend most of my time on a Bama forum, coaching forum like coachhuey.com, or high school football forums.

One day soon I’ll probably just ease on out. But the draft forum should be in good hands with posters like J-doll here for Dolphin fans that want knowledge on draft prospects.
Please stick around junior!!

it's possible - i personally don't see a ton more room for growth after this long, and am glad the dolphins are no longer holding onto that hope either - but i wish him the best and will never deny he's a stand up guy with a talented arm

there is no "i told you so" in this for me , I'm ready for the next Dolphins chapter

it's possible - i personally don't see a ton more room for growth after this long, and am glad the dolphins are no longer holding onto that hope either - but i wish him the best and will never deny he's a stand up guy with a talented arm

there is no "i told you so" in this for me , I'm ready for the next Dolphins chapter

We are in agreement

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...lion-under-the-salary-cap-for-ryan-tannehill/

Dolphins will carry more than $18 million under the salary cap for Ryan Tannehill

Of course, keeping Tannehill would have cost $26.611 million under the cap, and $18.725 million in cash. So the Dolphins created $8.188 million in cap space, spent $5 million to do it, and picked up a fourth-round pick next year while flip-flopping 2019 sixth- and seventh-round picks with the Titans.
Sounds like a win for us. Better than cutting him and still paying.

No!!!! You cannot ever leave...The football I.Q. on this forum would drop by 50 percent...and I can’t lose my BAMA tag team partner..There is no Road Warrior Aniamal without Road Warrior Hawk.
Love you my BAMA brother!!

If everyone would simply adjust their profile to where they're unable to see certain posts like I did - the collective football I.Q. would go back up 50% brother Namor.

The Dolphins were never going to him $26 million over the next 2 years. It was a choice between a trade or a cut. A 4th round pick and 0 dead money next year are much better than cutting him for nothing and paying him in 2020.
No.

Tannehill's salary was scheduled to be 18.8 mil, and there was a prorated bonus as a cap hit of 7.8 mil in 2019 and 5.6 mil in 2020. Salary plus the prorated bonus was a 32.2 mil cap number total; or for 2019 18.8+7.8, 26.6 mil total.

If the Dolphins cut him, there was no guaranteed money, 0 salary, and the cap hit was 7.8 mil prorated bonus plus 5.6 accelerated from 2020 for the total of 13.4.
In 2019, that is a saving of 13.2 mil (26.6 - 13.4), 13.4 mil (7..8+5.6) cap hit, 0 cap hit in 2020, and 0 cash paid.

If the Dolphins cut him June 1:
In 2019, that is a saving of 18.8 mil (26.6 - 7.8), 7.8 mil cap hit, 5.6 cap hit in 2020, and 0 cash paid.

Instead the genius paid 5 mil salary:
In 2019, that is a saving of 8.2 mil (26.6 - 18.4) instead of 13.2 mil or more,
18.4 mil (13.4 + 5 ) cap hit instead of 13.4 mil,
0 cap hit in 2020,
and 5 mil cash paid instead of 0 cash paid..

Traded sixth for seventh.
Paid 5 mil for a fourth round pick that is paid 2.5 mil over the course of 4 years. Essentially guaranteed 6 mil to a fourth round pick that is paid 2.5 over the course of the contract.

This is unbelievable stuff. You cannot make this stuff up.

18 million plus part of the bonus 8 million equals 26 million paid.
will Tanny still get that prorated money? do we know? or is it a mystery.
perusing this post it seems we will be paying tanny 7 and 5 the next two years.... can this be possible???????:sleep

perusing this post it seems we will be paying tanny 7 and 5 the next two years.... can this be possible???????:sleep
Pretty sure he gets zero after this year

It's not a mystery. You are confusing cap with salary.

He already got the money, we just haven't felt in our cap yet.

We are helping Tennessee with $5 million of the $7 million he is getting this year. That is actual cash he gets and that reflects the cap "this" year as well as the $13 million total in dead cap from money he has received.

So we take an $18 million cap hit for Ryan but Ross only gives him $5 million in cash and we are done with him after the season. And Suh.

I’m Just a neutral observer and call things however I see it. No hoping and wishing. Just logic.

My assessment of what Tannehill would be was formed before anybody knew where he was going to play in the NFL. No bias.

I never pulled for him or against him. I do pull for certain players to do well, regardless of what team is paying them.

I view the NFL completely different than anyone on this forum. It’ll never fall in line with whatever the dominant slant is.

Based on what you've stated regarding your (pretty much lack of) Dolphins fandom
I'm curious as to the initial impulse to follow my yammie at all???

I'm going speculate more than a tad and say it was (going way back) Dwight Stephenson?

Anyway -- Dwight was sooooooooooooooo amazing and for my bucks the best ever @C.

So let's explore the irony that a fellow Bama alum certified POS Marty Lyons
ENDED Dwight's career on a play that was utterly meaningless.

One of the great Dolphins losses of all time -- losing Dwight changed the trajectory
of the entire team IMO. And I think cost Marino more than 1 ring...

So much for the "his teammates didn't respect him" narrative

If there is one player that has prospered from Tannehill it's Kenny Still. His skill set matches Tanne's strength.

I wonder if there's a player on the Titans that can stretch the field? If so, They're are going to love Tannehill on those PA off that strong running game and OL protection.

I'm excited to see what he can do out there.

Based on what you've stated regarding your (pretty much lack of) Dolphins fandom
I'm curious as to the initial impulse to follow my yammie at all???

I'm going speculate more than a tad and say it was (going way back) Dwight Stephenson?

Anyway -- Dwight was sooooooooooooooo amazing and for my bucks the best ever @C.

So let's explore the irony that a fellow Bama alum certified POS Marty Lyons
ENDED Dwight's career on a play that was utterly meaningless.

One of the great Dolphins losses of all time -- losing Dwight changed the trajectory
of the entire team IMO. And I think cost Marino more than 1 ring...

Well Dwight for sure, but I went to high school and played football for Bay City in Texas back in the early 80's. A few years before I started high school there, they had a guy named Mark Dennard who played there and ended up being draft by the Dolphins in the late 70's who was Dwight's backup for a little while. His brother was actually my dentist when I was there. Knew the family and started following the Dolphins a little bit back then.

Well Dwight for sure, but I went to high school and played football for Bay City in Texas back in the early 80's. A few years before I started high school there, they had a guy named Mark Dennard who played there and ended up being draft by the Dolphins in the late 70's who was Dwight's backup for a little while. His brother was actually my dentist when I was there. Knew the family and started following the Dolphins a little bit back then.
Where do you rank Dwight as an all the great Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom