Tannehill Traded To Titans | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Traded To Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the "his teammates didn't respect him" narrative

Is there a 5th person that will say what Kenny Stills has said?

People won't appreciate Ryan until he leads the Titans to the playoffs

If they didn't like him before, then they would really hate him then.

How could some one "that bad" lead a team to the play offs. Then they will begin to complain about him even more. Extraordinarily absurd reactions to that scenario would expose many over inflated egos.

If they didn't like him before, then they would really hate him then.

How could some one "that bad" lead a team to the play offs. Then they will begin to complain about him even more. Extraordinarily absurd reactions to that scenario would expose many over inflated egos.

It is what it is at this point. You know it won't be long before they start hammer into the new QB. What's really going to drive people mad is if Tannehill performs well with the Titans. I think, like others have said, he has the right setup over there to do exactly that.

I wish him all the best and thankfully threads like this will be moved.

Last edited:
Well Dwight for sure, but I went to high school and played football for Bay City in Texas back in the early 80's. A few years before I started high school there, they had a guy named Mark Dennard who played there and ended up being draft by the Dolphins in the late 70's who was Dwight's backup for a little while. His brother was actually my dentist when I was there. Knew the family and started following the Dolphins a little bit back then.

Wow... Small wOrld!

I certainly remember Mark Dennard.

Dwight actually replaced Mark if I remember correctly and that was that...

Where do you rank Dwight as an all the great Center?

Top 5 easily. Maybe the best that’s ever played. Mark thought so. Him and Langer were as good as there’s ever been.

Definitely the best I’ve ever seen. There may be one or two guys before Dwight’s time like Otto that some consider the best to ever play. But I don’t think you can really disagree with anybody if they had Dwight as the best.

It's not a mystery. You are confusing cap with salary.

He already got the money, we just haven't felt in our cap yet.

We are helping Tennessee with $5 million of the $7 million he is getting this year. That is actual cash he gets and that reflects the cap "this" year as well as the $13 million total in dead cap from money he has received.

So we take an $18 million cap hit for Ryan but Ross only gives him $5 million in cash and we are done with him after the season. And Suh.

im not an expert on this cap stuff but to me a pro rated bonus means that a hundred dollar bonus over 4 year contract would mean 25 dollars a year and if the player is cut after 2 years then he is owed 50 bucks. so reading the above tanny would be owed for the two years. dont get how it can be pro rated and have been paid in the past. it would make no sense for tanny to give up the bonus money due from the Ds it wouldnt effect his deal with the Titans.

Top 5 easily. Maybe the best that’s ever played. Mark thought so. Him and Langer were as good as there’s ever been.

Definitely the best I’ve ever seen. There may be one or two guys before Dwight’s time like Otto that some consider the best to ever play. But I don’t think you can really disagree with anybody if they had Dwight as the best.

With the exceptionally explosive Stephenson as offensive captain, the Dolphins offensive line gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL for a record six straight seasons, from 1982 to 1987,[8] which doubled the length of the previous record. He retired from pro football in 1987, after sustaining a left knee injury in a play involving New York Jets Marty Lyons and Joe Klecko.

He was an incredible player, I still can’t help but imagine if his career didn’t get cut short- greatest center ever as you eluded to?

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816749/gil-brandt's-greatest-nfl-centers-of-all-time

Brandt has him at 4, some great players on that list..

Just saw this news today. Good to see the classy remarks from Tannehill and Stills, but really expected nothing less. Nice to see other players showing love as well! Also glad we got some value for him. I was resigned potentially getting nothing. It's not much but it's better than nothing at all! Kudos to Grier for getting it done - if we had to trade down this year to make it happen, it was likely not easy to get some value.

Also - I don't think there's ever been a player i WANTED to see succeed more than Tannehill. This year i became convinced it was never going to work with him here in Miami, but if he succeeds elsewhere, i can dig it unless he's playing Miami.

My view is that Tannehill has many good qualities like throwing accuracy and athleticism, but also a couple of big deficiencies that to date held him back from elevating his QB status. Unfortunately, he has very poor awareness in the pocket and he is relatively slow at reading Defenses. As such, he needs a really great O-line to protect him and great running backs to balance the attack. I would not be surprised if when given an opportunity, that he can succeed in Tennessee. They have a couple of terrific RBs and a better O-line than we have in Miami.
I am not surprised that Ryan has departed with some class. I may be wrong, but I think that he is basically a very good guy by nature. Where some players are naughty boys off the field, Ryan isn't going to get into trouble. He married his college sweetheart, is raising a young family and he enjoys fishing. He's not going to be caught snorting cocaine or bashing up his missus or smashing his car at 3am in the morning.
Farewell Mr Tannehill and thank you for your service to the Dolphins. BTW - don't be surprised if his son Steele, turns out to be a decent QB in 18 odd years.

im not an expert on this cap stuff but to me a pro rated bonus means that a hundred dollar bonus over 4 year contract would mean 25 dollars a year and if the player is cut after 2 years then he is owed 50 bucks. so reading the above tanny would be owed for the two years. dont get how it can be pro rated and have been paid in the past. it would make no sense for tanny to give up the bonus money due from the Ds it wouldnt effect his deal with the Titans.

You are still operating as if the cap and the salary is the same thing, and that is confusing you.

The Largo dude is also confusing you, I wouldn’t listen to anything he has said. Not saying he has been 100% wrong, but the way he writes it will come off as very confusing.

Lets say Ryan Tannehill got a $15 million dollar signing bonus on a 5 year contract. He gets all of that right away . . . Money in his pocket.

However on the team salary cap, you don’t get hit with a direct $15 million in the same year, it would be split equally over the course of the 5 years.

So if Miami cuts him after 3 years . . . .$9 million of the $15million will have hit the team cap but still there is $6 million that has not and that accelerates to be due immediately . . . .or a team can split that hit over 2 years if they designate him a post June 1st cut.

This has nothing to do with actual money as that has already been paid.

Like people say Miami is still paying Suh and I have to laugh a bit as that isn’t the case.

Just seperate salary cap from actual money and you’ll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom