Tannehill Traded To Titans | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Traded To Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Tannehill QB, Tennessee Titans

Titans acquired QB Ryan Tannehill and a 2019 sixth-round pick from the Dolphins in exchange for a fourth-round pick in 2020 and a seventh-round pick in 2019.
The Titans are reportedly giving Tannehill a one-year, $7 million contract. Even after striking out with Teddy Bridgewater, who spurned his hometown team to return to New Orleans as Drew Brees' backup, it was clear Miami had no intention of moving forward with Tannehill at QB. Tannehill showed flashes throughout his seven-year run in South Beach but proved injury-prone while ultimately failing to live up to his first-round billing. In Tennessee, he'll slide in as the backup to fellow underachiever Marcus Mariota. Tannehill's departure leaves Jake Rudock and Luke Falk as Miami's lone quarterbacks. The Dolphins are a lock to take a signal-caller—perhaps Kyler Murray or Dwayne Haskins—early in next month's draft. Free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick could also be a bridge option for the rebuilding Fins.

I'm glad its over. Obviously Tannehill is NOT very highly thought of in this league. A 4th essentially for a QB. Seems he was much more appreciated by a handful on here than in real life.
I wish him the best, he was a good dude, seemed to work hard and do things right. he just isn't any good.
Mariota is always hurt, so he will get some PT in Tennesee, and is a very good backup QB

How I feel about getting a 4th round pick for Tanny
giphy.gif

Yep and a qb that gets hurt. That the staff may not be sold on frankly

Mariota is playing on the 5th year option. Has the date passed to rescind that option because it's over $20M?

Tannehill finally gets to play with an actual NFL TE and a OL that can actually block. Good for him. Now watch him get that 100+ QB rating. Now if they could just find a #1 WR.

Trying to decide what made me happier.... this or when they fired Ireland... definitely drinking a couple extra beers tonight to celebrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom