Tannehill VS Tua Year 1 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill VS Tua Year 1

Tannehill ended his rookie season Week 17 at the Patriots with a shutout, 28-0.

Up until that point I had never turned off a Dolphins game before the 4th quarter, but by halftime I had seen enough. We were out the playoff race with nothing to play for and Tannehill didn't have the guts to even challenge the field for 1 freaking point. I was disgusted. Here was a Qb too afraid to throw interceptions and volunteering a shutout on the road against the top team of his division.

Tua's week 17 road game may have been a disaster to many of you, but I saw fight and grit. I saw a Qb willing to risk it all to steal a game against the top team of his division. After halftime Tua kept battling. It was a statement.

I point the difference to say there is a lot to love about Tua. We got a guy willing and wanting to compete even if the arrows in his quiver are bent. I'd rather have that than the tall Qb with strong arm willing to risk nothing.

I live the QB Tannehill became the last few years, but for a good amount of his dolphins tenure he was guy who struggled to make plays needed to win football games.

I live the QB Tannehill became the last few years, but for a good amount of his dolphins tenure he was guy who struggled to make plays needed to win football games.
I cannot blame him for that.

On a serious note, if anyone was wanting to have a serious discussion of Tua’s performance as a rookie those provide context and context matters.

Every rookie did not also play QB. Are you under the belief the complexities of playing QB is on par with that of all other positions?

I remember Fitz saying last year that people think playing QB in the NFL is easy, it isn’t, it is hard.

Are you thinking playing QB in the NFL is easy and those variables are meaningless for a rookie playing the QB position?

To lump Tua’s hip injury in with the other 3 variables every rookie also went through and then make it sound like they were almost on equal footing…I don’t want you to feel attacked so I will be soft :) … is perplexing.

Not just injuries, we are talking about a hip in which his leg got ripped out of it’s socket. Can you provide a list a players that had a similar injury and were back to playing football on the field less than a year later and compare to how they played pre-injury?

Looking back at the only significant injury Tom Brady endured during his career. The Pats went 16-0 in 2007 and scored 589 points, 50 TDs - 8 ints. He tore his ACL week 1 in 2008 missing the rest of the year. In his return in 2009 he led the Pats to a 10-6 record and the offense scored 427 points, 28 TDs -13 ints. Brady did not look or play the same. The following year in 2010, Brady looked to be back to his pre-injury self leading the Pats to 14-2 and 518 points, 36 TDs - 4 ints.

The only comparison to make, which shouldn’t be made at all since neither of them were dealing with a significant injury, is to Burrow and Herbert. Both of the those QBs came into the NFL with significantly more experience.

Burrow was a 5th year senior, having thrown 945 passes.

Herbert was a 4 year senior, having thrown 1293 passes.

Tua was a 3 year junior, having thrown 684 passes.

I am not saying this means Tua is going to be an elite QB moving forward. Whether he is or not gets proven on the field. But when discussing Tua and his play so far, those are important variables to include if anyone has a desire to having an intelligent conversation about his play last year. Context matters.
Ok ... my bad ... keep those reminders coming ... thanks for the perspective

Really-what experience makes you the QB expert? Many All Pro NFLQBs took multiple years to develop. Good thing their moron fans didn’t run their front offices. Facts are things. Maybe you should use them.

Joe Burrow : 2-7-1 as starter, 16 total td 9 turnovers, 65.3%, sacked 32 times in 10 games, 9 total fumbles, 0 comeback 0 game winning drives, ACL injury.... NEXT SUPERSTAR

Justin Herbert : 6-9 as starter, 36td 11 turnovers, 66.6%, sacked 32 times, 8 total fumbles, 1 comeback 3 game winning drive... NEXT SUPERSTAR

Tua : 6-3 as starter, 14 total TD 6 turnovers, 64.1%, sacked 20 times, 1 total fumble, 2 comeback 2 game winning drive.... HUGE BUST

No, but but but, its the defense that won those games for him. So it doesnt count as wins. Lol

No, but but but, its the defense that won those games for him. So it doesnt count as wins. Lol
That was so three months ago. Now he’s too dumb to learn the playbook. Most of the morons who say this crap can’t even find their own rear ends with both hands.

my Points went over your head. My point was he was more polished than Thill out of college. my response was to the OP
Lol to the guy claiming to have points going over someone’s head without proper grammar.

My comment wasn’t directed at you, thus the “adding to” part

Many of them were not positive. Who were they trying to convince ... themselves or his supporters ?

If they bothered me I would just skip them instead of commenting :shrug:

You counted them ?

:WOW:
3FB329D2-64CE-4172-B73A-26666CC43FB5.jpeg
We also used to wind up NYJunc who couldn’t help himself

5bk0fr.jpg
67EBEA7C-1323-4F3E-8677-95150CD63C95.jpeg

Lol to the guy claiming to have points going over someone’s head without proper grammar.

My comment wasn’t directed at you, thus the “adding to” part
That’s all you got? Because I didn’t use a capital letter? You’re so not needed here hahahaha

3EF3E80B-08BA-4C6A-AC61-39DB89AE5AE1.jpeg

Tannehill reminds me of Brett Harts little phrase from WWE.... Only for Tannehill it goes like this

The most overrated QB there is, there was and there ever will be!

Without that mauling oline, great defense and Derek Henry, Tannehill is still the same hot garbage he was when he was playing for us.

I hate our franchise for investing so much time in him

Just so much fail here.......

Offensive line was 15th on the strength of run blocking but struggled in pass blocking.

1622630276191.png

Defense was ranked 24th

1622630468676.png

Tannehill's "hot garbage" stat line in his lone game without Derrick Henry:

1622630885803.png

Tannehill's "hot garbage" stats over the last two seasons:

1622631149003.png

Two very different Quarterbacks with extremely different starting points into the NFL. Tannehill was a converted Wide Receiver and projected to be a 2-3 year project QB. After being asked to play the position his first year in the NFL he was never given the tools to succeed becoming the most sacked QB in the NFL over several years, the guy literally pissed blood for the Dolphins from the beatings he got behind our line at the time. I feel quite certain that if T'baum, Gase and others had not ruined Tannehill he would still be our starter. In fact if Tannehill had the benefit of Grier and Flo when he entered the league it would be our Dolphins sitting atop the AFC East the last several years.

The irony of this thread is that the same aspects of the game that Tannehill never really had as a Dolphin are the same areas that Tua will need for success here. Now that Tua IS here let's learn from the mistakes the Dolphins made with Tannehill and get Tua a solid line, a better than average running game and some dynamic receivers.

See you all at the top of the AFC East!

Back
Top Bottom