Tannehill VS Tua Year 1 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill VS Tua Year 1

Ok, not gonna argue all your blah blah blah points you stated. They’ve been stated around here more than a million times already. It’s all rehash crap to say the least. But your point about Thill not receiving the same criticism after his rookie season is not rocket science. He was considered a project even though he was drafted early in the first round. Tua was supposedly already polished. And the fact that Tua haters just love to bitch because theyve got nothing else going on.
Already polished? Yes, but coming from a major injury and with a year of covi, not easy. Still, he did great, Burrow and Tua has same numbers

Already polished? Yes, but coming from a major injury and with a year of covi, not easy. Still, he did great, Burrow and Tua has same numbers
My point went way over your head. Out of the two, Tua was a polished QB coming out of college while THill was trying to hone his craft. COMING OUT OF COLLEGE. Glad I could spell that out for ya

Too early to tell; and of course so many here are terrible at judging QBs as the RTHill situation showed. I think it's clear THIll was hamstrung by a worse team/coaching. But Tua has had injuries to overcome and HUGE expectations, so it's difficult for him to measure up at this point. He needs another full season to better gauge. The fact that he has a good coaching staff who should utilize his skillsets to maximum should really help and make the evaluation clearer.

The risk I saw from day 1 with Tua is that it was BAMA, who was so much more talented than 90% of the teams they played, it made it much easier to be a QB there who had the luxury of the best protection, the best WRs, etc.... Never quite sure if the QBs are really as good as they look there....

Also the fact that Herbert lit the league up like he did plays a part. I think it's possible that picking Tua before Herbert is going to add extra stress due Herbert setting an unreasonable measurment for success.
This is 100% the flaming gun for the Tua hatred and negative press.

1) Herbert had the best rookie season for a qb ever.

2) we passed on Herbert for Tua.... adding more fuel to the fire.

3) had Herbert sucked, belive it or not Tua would be talked about as the next great QB winning his first 4 starts.

Herbert is 100% to balme/ the reason Tua and his detractors have so much ammo.

Tannehill wasn't coming off a brutal injury, and didn't have to deal with a crazy Covid world. I won't even try to make a call on Tua until this year. I can't wait for the season. Let's see what we have.

Tannehill reminds me of Brett Harts little phrase from WWE.... Only for Tannehill it goes like this

The most overrated QB there is, there was and there ever will be!

Without that mauling oline, great defense and Derek Henry, Tannehill is still the same hot garbage he was when he was playing for us.

I hate our franchise for investing so much time in him

This is 100% the flaming gun for the Tua hatred and negative press.

1) Herbert had the best rookie season for a qb ever.

2) we passed on Herbert for Tua.... adding more fuel to the fire.

3) had Herbert sucked, belive it or not Tua would be talked about as the next great QB winning his first 4 starts.

Herbert is 100% to balme/ the reason Tua and his detractors have so much ammo.
I actually agree with this to an extent. Herbert also had weapons and you could argue that a healthy Rivers would have put up identical numbers. They were basically identical to the numbers Rivers has been putting up year in and year out. Rivers never won anything in San Diego. I’m not saying that’s what is going to happen to Herbert, I’m just saying that I don’t care about the numbers. I care about attitude and winning. I want a guy to come in and not know a losing season. That is a culture killer.

A bigger part of the problem is that Tua had garbage for weapons due to injuries and no running game. Plus Fitz is a gunslinger and took shots that looked good at times. But he also turned the ball over. Fitz lost us games that he should have won and that is why Tua was inserted. Tua didn’t make those mistakes and I believe that we won more games with Tua than we would have with Fitz. IMO

That’s the crazy part. He improved the team and played well enough to win 2/3 of his starts. But fans still bash him because of his 6.3 yds per attempt to Te’s, Rb’s and fourth string or worse WR’s. That tells me that this guy doesn’t make excuses. He believes he’s going to win every time he goes out on the field. And he plays to win the game that is in front of him. If you go through the history of the NFL, QBs who win 2/3 of their starts are all special. Certain QBs just don’t have losing seasons. It’s not in their make up. I think Tua is one of those guys. And we’re lucky to have him.

Lol.....

Your bizarre analogy, and infatuation, with Ozzy aside, a lot of ppls opinion on TUA were set in stone before the hip even occurred.

It's partly his blindly ardent supporter's own fault you know.

He was rammed down ppl's (both here and in the media) throats for over a year with everything from "tank for Tua", to "generational", to "can't miss", to "NFL ready" to "reads and processes best ever" to "most accurate in history" to......well, you get the idea.

It's human nature to resist such an onslaught. It's also unfair.

Unfortunately the player, through no fault of his own, is caught in the crossfire of haters, those that have unrealistic expectations, and click seeking media clowns.
Good post!....We all heard nothing from supporters but “how great” this prospect was for two full years...despite the multiple injuries and how he was defeated in the two biggest games of of those two years by teams led by Lawrence and Burrow.

With a top 5 pick and all that fan fair....we expected more “wow” and certainty from year one than we saw.

People still don't get that it takes time with QB's, specially coming from that horrible injury/major surgery. Not everyone is going to play like a HOF from week one. First time I listen to Ozzy I knew that was it. Nobody was going to be better and 22 times in concert(should have been 25) and he's still the greatest metal singer ever but not everyone is like that. Tua will get there.
Nice props to Ozzy but did he come off of a major surgery and have limited access to his music AND have to work around a pandemic?

LOL ...

On a serious note does nearly every Tua thread defending him HAVE to remind us of his injury, he was a rookie, lack of camp and Covid-19? Didn't every rookie go through 3 of those 4 issues? Before I'm attacked ...

Does anyone think maybe Flo was going to let him sit the year but Tua out performed expectations and earned a starting role? It's not crazy to think he didn't know the check downs or even the entire playbook as well as Fitz and was pulled when the opposing D gave him trouble and Gailey couldn't call certain plays to pull us out with Tua but with Fitz the check downs and audibles were available ... could it be that Flo saw a better chance to WIN under those circumstances?

I like to think most fans want Tua to succeed but many of those fans are not sure because he didn't light it up while he was in ... "impressive" stats aside (you know, given he was a rookie, no training camp, healing from major injury and a covid work around) Tua (despite the offensive play calling or the lack of talent at the skills or the O-line .... hell maybe all of them) needs to take command and show he is a play maker not a manager IMO ... I think some of us not only want a bonafide Qb under center but also a guy that can make chicken soup from chicken $hit when he needs to ..... Great players have a certain intangible ... an instinct ... another gear .... I'm guessing fans want to SEE that from Tua

(and with the injury and no camp and no talent at skills and no O-line and covid) we still deserve that damnit :chuckle:

Yr 2 and beyond...got proved it..no excuse going forward. He get pass this yr.
Really-what experience makes you the QB expert? Many All Pro NFLQBs took multiple years to develop. Good thing their moron fans didn’t run their front offices. Facts are things. Maybe you should use them.

Joe Burrow : 2-7-1 as starter, 16 total td 9 turnovers, 65.3%, sacked 32 times in 10 games, 9 total fumbles, 0 comeback 0 game winning drives, ACL injury.... NEXT SUPERSTAR

Justin Herbert : 6-9 as starter, 36td 11 turnovers, 66.6%, sacked 32 times, 8 total fumbles, 1 comeback 3 game winning drive... NEXT SUPERSTAR

Tua : 6-3 as starter, 14 total TD 6 turnovers, 64.1%, sacked 20 times, 1 total fumble, 2 comeback 2 game winning drive.... HUGE BUST

Really-what experience makes you the QB expert? Many All Pro NFLQBs took multiple years to develop. Good thing their moron fans didn’t run their front offices. Facts are things. Maybe you should use them.

Joe Burrow : 2-7-1 as starter, 16 total td 9 turnovers, 65.3%, sacked 32 times in 10 games, 9 total fumbles, 0 comeback 0 game winning drives, ACL injury.... NEXT SUPERSTAR

Justin Herbert : 6-9 as starter, 36td 11 turnovers, 66.6%, sacked 32 times, 8 total fumbles, 1 comeback 3 game winning drive... NEXT SUPERSTAR

Tua : 6-3 as starter, 14 total TD 6 turnovers, 64.1%, sacked 20 times, 1 total fumble, 2 comeback 2 game winning drive.... HUGE BUST
But.....but.....rookie of the year with nice numbers. :rolleyes:

Good post!....We all heard nothing from supporters but “how great” this prospect was for two full years...despite the multiple injuries and how he was defeated in the two biggest games of of those two years by teams led by Lawrence and Burrow.

With a top 5 pick and all that fan fair....we expected more “wow” and certainty from year one than we saw.
If were counting wins as a QB stat then Tua at 6-3 was more successful than Herbert or Burrow

What I find funny are the ones who complain about “another Tua post” in a forum created in support of a team and its players. Last I checked Tua is the Dolphins QB. Then get the Fuqouttahere if you don’t like it and support some other team and it’s players.

I bet if it was a bash Tua thread we wouldn’t hear or see a peep outta them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom