Tannehill VS Tua Year 1 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill VS Tua Year 1

:ZA

:TCSH

:OMG:

7W5u.gif

I have always hated the well the team won argument for best player. Barry Sanders was the best running back I have ever seen with the ball in his hands. Super Bowls 0. Dan Marino was the greatest passer I have ever seen throw the ball! Super Bowls 0. One persons talent can only go so far in a team sport. Strip down the amazing o line and wr corp and Mahomes is still a damn good qb with zero rings. Herbert played amazing behind a terrible line, yes. He also had speed on the outside and Keenan to throw to. Parker is good, but Keenan is much better. Tua will be great or he will not. He is putting in the work and the most important thing is that he knows he has to get better. Should there be doubters and supporters? Of course there should be. That is what competition is all about. The absolute fluff and bad are something I do not understand? Tua got pulled from games, has a sup par arm, ex wr's that prefer another qb, etc. Yep those happened. Tua had two comeback wins, threw the ball accurately, and has a very fast release time. Yep those things happened. Bottom line is don't confuse concern with hate. GO FINS!

In my world, you are either

The comparison of RTs OL being better than TTs and TTs OL being mostly rooks sent me over the edge.

TTs OL last year was possibly better than any RT had. For ef's sake, Dallas Thomas is one of the worst OL in history and we couldn't get rid of him for anything.

RT finally got an OL and RB and his true potential AND ceiling were realized.

But irregardless, some of his shortcomings were seen here. Those haven't changed.

We are seeing shortcomings in Tua now. If our team philosophy cannot overcome them, he will fail when opposing coaches scheme to them.

I don't care about stats. I care about winning championships. And while I know it takes time, that does not mean time will make every player better or elite

You have to identify their floor and ceiling correctly and determine if that range of execution can elevate your team to championships. If he can't, make the wise decision and cut bait before it details your team for 3-5 years trying to fix him.

Well OP was comparing strictly their rookie seasons and in Tannehill's rookie season Dallas Thomas wasn't even in the team.

Tannehill's rookie year he had All Pro/Pro Bowl Caliber LT Jake Long for 12 games, pro bowl caliber lineman Richie Incognito, pro bow caliber lineman Mike Pouncey, John Jerry who went on to have a 9 year career, and Jonathan Martin. I mean outside of Martin that's not a shabby OL.

Probably due to being the most hit QB in the league. I imagine being battered and mauled for 45 minutes takes it toll.
possibly, that will weigh on anyone but Herbert has never been known for his mental fortitude

In my world, you are either

The comparison of RTs OL being better than TTs and TTs OL being mostly rooks sent me over the edge.

TTs OL last year was possibly better than any RT had. For ef's sake, Dallas Thomas is one of the worst OL in history and we couldn't get rid of him for anything.

RT finally got an OL and RB and his true potential AND ceiling were realized.

But irregardless, some of his shortcomings were seen here. Those haven't changed.

We are seeing shortcomings in Tua now. If our team philosophy cannot overcome them, he will fail when opposing coaches scheme to them.

I don't care about stats. I care about winning championships. And while I know it takes time, that does not mean time will make every player better or elite

You have to identify their floor and ceiling correctly and determine if that range of execution can elevate your team to championships. If he can't, make the wise decision and cut bait before it details your team for 3-5 years trying to fix him.

Re: Tannehill which would those be?

Re: Shortcomings, y'all act like Quarterback is somehow static; like you never get better from day 1. Its this absolutism that seems to be entrenched in the Tua-hater camp that drives me crazy. Nobody in this forum is qualified to call Tua a bust one year in and ESPECIALLY under the circumstances of the prior season. Herbert put up better stats? Who cares. That and a nickel will get you a mastabatory "congrats" which, incidentally, seems to be the main goal of a lot of pessimists on this forum.

Honest question for the haters: why in the ever loving ef are you even bothering to watch and/or support the Phins this season? I mean QB is the most important position in the world and Tua is a bust so unless you are banking on some Brisk-magic what is your purpose? I suspect I know what it is. Y'all live for the "I told you so's" like some perverse version of Eeyore.

Probably due to being the most hit QB in the league. I imagine being battered and mauled for 45 minutes takes it toll.
That is a good point.

I just wish people would fairly evaluate Tua like that. As someone posted, Tua had over a 100 rating in the 4th quarter.

This while sometimes Grant was his top WR on the field minus 2 RBS.

That's why I have faith in Tua.

No excuses this year though. The offense is set up nicely for him.

If he could be a top rated QB in the 4th with the garbage he had last year, I can't wait to see what he does this year.

Only point I'm making is Tua has a almost unfair measurement for success based on what Herbert did last year.

The point I tried to make was Herbert has set a high bar.
Plus the fact he inherited the offense straight from Rivers. He literally automatically had the same weapons at his disposal to use right away.

People still don't get that it takes time with QB's, specially coming from that horrible injury/major surgery. Not everyone is going to play like a HOF from week one. First time I listen to Ozzy I knew that was it. Nobody was going to be better and 22 times in concert(should have been 25) and he's still the greatest metal singer ever but not everyone is like that. Tua will get there.
stop making sense... are you nuts? whats wrong with you! You are suppose to get hysterical and act like he is going to throw 50 ints.

how the hell you can compare first year stats is insane. RT17 was drafted for what his talents could project to in the future. I love RT, still pull for him to this day since he left the fins. I wanted us to draft Russ though. I saw what he could do when he was carving up the ACC and ECU. RT wasnt expected to walk in and be elite, but he was made day 1 starter even though being alot less of a college QB then Tua.

People saying Tua is a bust cause of 1 season are insane and you can not remotely compare their college trajectories. One was "he has every physical tool you could want in a QB, we just have to build it up" the other was "he is ready made day 1 starter if his hip is healed" I mean give Tua a break, he should've sat out this season. RT17 should've sat out his rookie season

tannehill played behind some of the worst lines ive ever seen and still made brian hartline a 1000yd receiver while being one of the most sacked qbs in the league over his first 3 seasons...

im not sure why some are hanging their hats on tuas 4th quarter qb rating like it is some success...the guy couldnt move the offense for 3 quarters prior...outside of the cardinals game there isnt alot of things that jump out as glaring positives

i want the guy to be good like the rest of us but lets be honest, tua struggled mightily last season, he didnt know the playbook apparently either...its alarming that a converted wr project qb who was deemed "raw" and "not ready" by almost everyone looked more like an nfl qb in season 1 than a qb who was deemed "sure thing" or "cant miss"....if i recall correctly there were no calls to tank for tannehill...

tannehill was the scapegoat for the fins struggles for years and the same people who blamed him are now making excuses for tua

you guys might be ok with a game manager but i was told we were getting a game changer when we were taking him...i want a qb who goes for the throat of opposing defenses, i want a qb who plays to win, not a qb who plays not to lose

That is a good point.

I just wish people would fairly evaluate Tua like that. As someone posted, Tua had over a 100 rating in the 4th quarter.

If he could be a top rated QB in the 4th with the garbage he had last year, I can't wait to see what he does this year.
the garbage he had last year? was it brian hartline, michael egnew and legadoo nanee...

im not saying what we had wasnt garbage but fitz didnt seem to have a problem with gesicki and parker...i was told for years great qbs make players around them better, who did tua make better?

That is a good point.

If he could be a top rated QB in the 4th with the garbage he had last year, I can't wait to see what he does this year
the garbage he had last year? was it brian hartline, michael egnew and legadoo nanee...

im not saying what we had wasnt garbage but fitz didnt seem to have a problem with gesicki and parker...i was told for years great qbs make players around them better, who did tua make better?
A 20 year veteran compared to a rookie who didn't start getting snaps with the 1st string offense until week 6? I would hope Fitz would be better initially.

Gesicki is not garbage, however, after KC he openly admitted to playing with 1 good arm.

However, you missed my point.

Out of 9 starts, how many of them did Tua have both starting WRS, starting TE, and his starting RB in the 4th quarter?

That was my point. He continuously had garbage to throw to in the 4th.

Parker is not garbage. However, I prefer #1 WRS to have more than 4 TDS in a season. A feat Parker has only accomplished once

Discussing Tua is about as awkward as is truly possible. People jump down your throat for just relaying stats. And God forbid you mention Herbert in any way shape or form.
I'm a huge Tua fan and even I get attacked by fanatics. I wish we never drafted Tua to be honest. Being a Dolphin hasn't been as enjoyable with massive rift in our playerbase.

Back
Top Bottom