*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

What part of this you dont agree with and why?

I don’t agree with the entire premise that Ryan Tannehill is even in the same zip code as Big Ben as a playmaker, leader or QB so I’m just not sure why you guys are having the convo. Just my opinion though I thought it was funny. I’ll leave you be

Love the piece and agree! But, I gotta admit, I was 10,000% behind him up until the very end when he said "he may go 2-14, but he is gonna do it his way, and I respect that." Ummm … bit of a bummer ending to an otherwise awesome rant. :D I'll be shocked if any Adam Gase team ever goes 2-14. I'm expecting 9-7 and will not be surprised at all if we achieve 10-6. Challenging the Patriots? No, not until we see Brady's play drop off a cliff, whenever that happens, because it happens to every QB. Father Time is undefeated.

As BSQ said, there's a lot of reasons to be optimistic if you look closely at the Dolphins roster turnover. And like Duderino said, Shrager has always been pro-Dolphins, and I'd add so has that Bachelor guy whose name escapes me. It's like they actually learn a little bit about the Dolphins, whereas most media makes us fly-by country as they write click-bait about the Patriots and Cowboys.

I don’t agree with the entire premise that Ryan Tannehill is even in the same zip code as Big Ben as a playmaker, leader or QB so I’m just not sure why you guys are having the convo. Just my opinion though I thought it was funny. I’ll leave you be
Again, where in those quotes is anyone saying Tannehill is in the same zipcode? Are you reading comments or are you just programmed to write Tannehill sucks when you read his name?

Im not sure we will beat them consistently but we usually give them a tough game once a year, as they basically spank the rest of the division.

Things will turn at some point for NE- Its just a question of when.

I agree and I am an optomist, but I'm not willing to wait for it. I don't think Gase is going to wait but will do everything in his power to force the issue.

I'm really looking forward to that!

wow.
Is your statement based on....
Because there is no other receiver like Landry...Landry won us so many games....Tannehill can never develop a chemistry with anyone else...

His "shoes" aren't really THAT hard to fill...he runs good routes (if he remembers them)...and does have good hands....but his "me first" attitude is not good...

adding speed and experience....a seam threat TE...a revamped OLine...and all Tannehill is going to be thinking of is how much he misses Landry???

I disagree my friend....Coach Gase has players in place now that should be able to protect Tannehill better...improve the threat of the run game and create mismatches in the receiving game for the opposing D....Our offense no longer HAS to be run through a slot receiver that almost guarantees 6-7 yds and too many 3 and outs.....I seriously doubt Tannehill will be giving a second thought regarding Landry's absence

IMO
my statement is based on the fact that Landry set the record for most receptions in the nfl over the first four years and has been the Dolphins leading receiver since he was drafted four years ago. Yes, he will be missed.

It's crazy to say Tannehill won't think twice about Landry's exit. He'll be thinking about it every 3rd down when Amendola and our rookie TE that everyone is praising as our savior come up short. Don't get pissed when we can't move the ball on 3rd down and we finish the season 6-10.

Again, where in those quotes is anyone saying Tannehill is in the same zipcode? Are you reading comments or are you just programmed to write Tannehill sucks when you read his name?

Ok so you agree with me then. My bad

This is nonsense. Just my opinion though.

my statement is based on the fact that Landry set the record for most receptions in the nfl over the first four years and has been the Dolphins leading receiver since he was drafted four years ago. Yes, he will be missed.

It's crazy to say Tannehill won't think twice about Landry's exit. He'll be thinking about it every 3rd down when Amendola and our rookie TE that everyone is praising as our savior come up short. Don't get pissed when we can't move the ball on 3rd down and we finish the season 6-10.

Well one could argue that a lot of NFL players could have caught as many passes if they were being force fed the ball over and over and over again within 5-10 yards of the LOS. As far as us not being able to move the ball on 3rd down this year, well... we were dead last in the NFL at 3rd down conversions so that sure doesn't say much about Landry and how he helped us in that category. I really have no doubt at all that we will be better than last at that this year.

Well...we just disagree my friend...

He won't be missed

Anybody with decent hands that is force fed the ball will have good stats

He wasn't a game changer for us

I believe that Amendola, Wilson, Stills, and Grant will make their fair share of 3rd down conversions...as well as our rookie TE (BTW...his name is Gesicki)

I don't get pissed

And finally...finishing with a matching record of last season (WITH Landry) seems preposterous to me given the upgrades we have made and our starting QB playing....even without Tannehill I believe Fales and/or Osweiler would fare better than Cutler...I'm not predicting a certain win/loss record BUT we are a better team this season already....IMO

This is nonsense. Just my opinion though.
What is nonsense is comparing RT “potential” to QBs like Brees, Luck and Big Ben who have lists of accomplishments that dwarf RT.

All three of these QBs have done things in their careers that RT has not. Some significant things.

This is explained away by refuting the other QBs by:

- selecting seasons from them that compare to RT
- justifying their higher performing seasons with reasons such as coaching, line play, easy schedules and other

All the while justifying RT with reasons why he hasn’t done the same things in his career.

Eventually you either do them or you’re just another guy with reasons why not. We get your affinity for RT and full belief in him. But comparisons to QBs like this need to be done across their full careers. It would be easier if we had advanced stats like baseball has, and we merely look at WAR. Unfortunately football does not have this.

I know if I needed a QB out of these four, for the next three years, and all three were 100% healthy, RT would be my last choice. My inclination says 32 GMs would say the same thing.

Big Ben went 13-0 in 2004... But he didnt carry that team though, he stepped in a great situation as a rookie QB...

Steelers were 2nd in rushing offense and fielded the #1 overall defense... Their passing offense was rated 28th.

Not trying to take anything away here, but The 2004 Steelers elevated Big Ben more than the other way around...

Brah, still going 13-0 as a rookie being thrown into the fire is something not a lot (or any) rookies can do. As a young player that year, he played well within his means and as his career got going, he proved to consistently be one of the best QBs in the league.

Well...we just disagree my friend...

He won't be missed

Anybody with decent hands that is force fed the ball will have good stats

He wasn't a game changer for us

I believe that Amendola, Wilson, Stills, and Grant will make their fair share of 3rd down conversions...as well as our rookie TE (BTW...his name is Gesicki)

I don't get pissed

And finally...finishing with a matching record of last season (WITH Landry) seems preposterous to me given the upgrades we have made and our starting QB playing....even without Tannehill I believe Fales and/or Osweiler would fare better than Cutler...I'm not predicting a certain win/loss record BUT we are a better team this season already....IMO

That's pretty foolish, tbh

Back
Top Bottom