Tannehill's training routine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's training routine

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Hours spent working out per day: During the season I spend about an hour working out and 2.5 hours at practice. In the offseason, I spend more time in the gym building up my strength and speed.

Training program: During the offseason, I start with body-weight training for a few weeks. Then by late February/early March I introduce high-intensity cardio, such as footwork and plyometrics to improve speed and agility, as well as resistance training to build strength for the season. I also have a throwing program. During the season, the workouts are milder, with less weight.

​​Biggest physical challenge: In my position, there a lot of things I have to work hard to get better at. Flexibility has never been my strong suit. I work on this by doing yoga in the offseason, and I have a daily program of foam rolling and stretching.

Go-to meal or snack before a game: Since our games are usually at 1:00 p.m., I make sure I have a substantial mid-morning breakfast. I have eggs, potatoes, bacon and orange juice. Then I eat an energy bar and drink a Spark right before the game. Typically I will have another bar and a banana at halftime.

Do you take any extended breaks with your training: I always take a break right after we finish the season. I do not do any heavy lifting in January and focus on light rehab.

This isnt news or anything, its the offseason and i came across this article and thought id share it...theres some more stuff in the link.

http://www.si.com/edge/2015/02/10/behind-the-body-ryan-tannehill-miami-dolphins

RT is also a sponsor or Advocare. Great products. My wife sells them on the side in this area. Best stuff if you like to workout. Each has a preference, but the products are outstanding.

Maybe that is why our QB uses them…lol.

RT is also a sponsor or Advocare. Great products. My wife sells them on the side in this area. Best stuff if you like to workout. Each has a preference, but the products are outstanding.

Maybe that is why our QB uses them…lol.

What's advicare?

What's advicare?

Nutritional supplement and wellness company. I know you have seen ads with Jason Witten and his wife during college games. Drew Brees too. Advocare has sponsored the Texas Bowl and some of the openers in August.

well... that just got me ready to start working out again myself and getting back into my routine.... winters are just awful

RT has become an endorsor. Phillip Rivers too.

well... that just got me ready to start working out again myself and getting back into my routine.... winters are just awful

The first time you have a leg day after taking years off is even worse haha
Glutamine will be your best friend to recover faster

The first time you have a leg day after taking years off is even worse haha
Glutamine will be your best friend to recover faster

lol... yup... man I miss back in the days doing my leg workouts with friends from the team... was always the best afterwards!!! so drained but great feeling after

Nutritional supplements are a crock of **** for the most part. One step above taking Geritol for tired blood.

Nutritional supplements are a crock of **** for the most part. One step above taking Geritol for tired blood.

They supplement an already active lifestyle and fitness program. I take a complex protein 3 times daily along with glutamine and branch chain amino acids. But I also watch calories, protein, and carbs and work out 6 days a week. People think they are a wonder drug

They supplement an already active lifestyle and fitness program. I take a complex protein 3 times daily along with glutamine and branch chain amino acids. But I also watch calories, protein, and carbs and work out 6 days a week. People think they are a wonder drug

There is very little evidence to support the notion that most of them supplement anything but the bank accounts of the people who make them. Very little of that glutamine you're taking, for example, is getting absorbed by your body. I mean, it's not hurting you. You're obviously taking care of yourself either way. But the shilling Hayden was doing for a specific brand of supplements sounds like an Amway scam and it annoys me that people fall for it.

Nutritional supplement and wellness company. I know you have seen ads with Jason Witten and his wife during college games. Drew Brees too. Advocare has sponsored the Texas Bowl and some of the openers in August.

Nah, I've never seen any that I recall. So I suppose this is protein shakes, pills and the like.

There is very little evidence to support the notion that most of them supplement anything but the bank accounts of the people who make them. Very little of that glutamine you're taking, for example, is getting absorbed by your body. I mean, it's not hurting you. You're obviously taking care of yourself either way. But the shilling Hayden was doing for a specific brand of supplements sounds like an Amway scam and it annoys me that people fall for it.

A lot of crap is out there, that's for sure

I live up in Bradenton where IMG is located and know a few people who work there. RT used to come for a week and workout with Chris Weinke about this time of year FEB/MAR. Weinke is now with the Rams. Wonder if Ryan will still come to town.

Back
Top Bottom