Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Tannenbaum has no authority over Philbin or Hickey? What is the purpose of his job then?

Doesn't seem like he has any other than pal around with Ross on game day (with pay)

it reads to me like a seat warmer position til they can hickey after the draft...really does...make a token interview for the rooney rule and then boom tannebaum takes gm job

i'm not joking...if he goes i'm leaving with him...comsider my card turned in at that point

I'm not following you on how he will leave. If he gets better next year and we make the playoffs they will surely pay the 16M to keep him for 2016. He has no choice in this
If the continues to get better in 2016 they can franchise him in 2017 and 2018. If he doesn't get better he will be in no position to go anywhere other than a few teams.

So Tannenbaum has no authority over Philbin or Hickey? What is the purpose of his job then?

Why does someone who runs our analytic and sports science dept. along with the budget and logistics of the team such as travel, etc. need to have authority over the HC, GM or anyone for that matter?

I'm not following you on how he will leave. If he gets better next year and we make the playoffs they will surely pay the 16M to keep him for 2016. He has no choice in this
If the continues to get better in 2016 they can franchise him in 2017 and 2018. If he doesn't get better he will be in no position to go anywhere other than a few teams.

oh so he is screwed...and so am i :lol: figures

So i just got done watching a half a dozen of tannenbaum interviews on youtube. I thought he came of as very articulate and self assured. I think if he becomes the voice of the franchise, it would be a definite upgrade over listening to ross who is a terrible public speaker. He already has a good relationship with aponte which could make our power structure more solid once everything falls into place. Im a pretty big homer but im think this might work out.

Yes so it would appear if they just promote him to GM they would have to follow the RR....which is basically the reason it gets abused...you can't promote from within without abiding by the RR rule? maybe if you promote from within you don't have to?

I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure I heard or read it in the past. It only makes sense. I think I remember the issue when JJ wanted to promote Garrett but had to comply first.

you sure the rooney rule applies for front office aspects also??? i know it does for hc gigs

I love how people really think Tannebaum is going to be nothing more than a glorified dietitian/supply clerk/travel-agent, after giving up the cushy job he had before.

Wow.

Why does someone who runs our analytic and sports science dept. along with the budget and logistics of the team such as travel, etc. need to have authority over the HC, GM or anyone for that matter?

He runs the entire personnel department or at least he did before today's embarrassment.

a question on this...are u sure if they decline that 5th year option that you can in fact use a tag on that player??? seems to me this would be awfully restrictive on a player the scenario you've laid out here and the players association would have a hard time agreeing to it in a cba

Ryan Tannehill is going nowhere if he plays well. Silly talk.

We are going to be drafting a QB in 2016, no way Tannehill signs up for this mess.

He will be here in 2016 because the team is expected to pick up the 5th year option. I would hope by next year things will have settled down and look less clowny.

Plus if the Dolphins offer him a $100 million contract I am sure he takes it. He does seem to enjoy life in South Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom