Tanny is a bust | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanny is a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: thumbs down are helpful on a general basis, but when there's a single-minded pattern of this, to make a more impactful statement, just how many red reps needs to be "rewarded" in order to finally transform into a "pretty in pink" status ??

Trolls never deserve even that much thought or effort.

Hard to have great pocket presence when your pocket looks like this:
froggero-1.gif

What an 'awful' post. I guess Joe Flacco is a bust too, since he is in his 6th season and has 8 TDs and 8 INTs… Or Eli Manning must be a bust too..

Flacco lost a lot of talent around him after last year. Not comparable.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

You aren't really a big picture guy, are you?

Putting aside the idea that it's not really a great idea to call a starting QB in his second year a "bust" instead of saying that he needs improvement in your opinion. Your analysis about Thursday's game overlooks shortcomings in the "talent" and the "defense". It's Tannehill's fault we can't run consistently or that we get a fumble at the end of a long run, or miss a 34 yard FG? It's Tannehill's fault that the defense allowed the Bengal offense to stay on the field for practically the whole 3rd quarter?

The whole team needs improvement. If the team were it would be at least 6 - 2, not 4 -4.

We would be atleast 5-3 if Tannehill didn't fumble at the end of the Bills game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the worst thread ever. Period.

Ever ask yourself this? How do you beat Tom Brady? How do you beat Peyton Manning?

Answer. Put them under pressure. Sack them a few times, and suddenly they start falling apart. A strategy proven time and time again.

Now imagine what effect that can have on a 2nd year qb.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

We would be atleast 5-4 if Tannehill didn't fumble at the end of the Bills game.

Wow the Bills game counted for 2 games.

Tannehill still has some work to do, but he has made positive strides. His qb rating is 19th which is right in the middle of the pack and he's improving with an offensive line that has been awful and a running game that hasn't been very consistent. The all the talent in the world remark is way off base. The offense still needs a lot of talent.

Is Tannehill going to be a franchise quarterback? Not sure on that just yet. His pocket presence is questionable and that concerns me. There are times I think he can make some plays with his feet and seems reluctant to do that. On the other hand, I think he's overachieving for the most part with the obvious lack of talent on the offensive line.

And Flacco STILL has more skilled playmakers to work with than RT. And an OL so good that McKinnie, our lifesaver, was a castoff there. Says a lot, doesn't it? You sir, have not a clue.

RT is asked to win w. an OL that has been the laughingstock of the league; a running game that jettisoning a playmaker back in Bush, now featuring a one-dimensional back in Miller and a slow, non-descript back in Thomas; TEs that are the very soul of non-playmaker types -- Clay does several things okay, but pressuring a D is not one: single DB coverage kills him; 2 starting WRs that are the very picture of mediocre -- I can't say enough about this. Watch the WRs play. Watch even the catches that Hartline or Matthews makes with ZERO OPENING windows, and RT still fits the ball in -- just the difference of an outstretched arm and he hits it. That's well and good when the catch is made, but it's HUGE pressure on a QB to throw across the field on an out and have not even a foot of error to work with. WOW.

And you can see those kinds of throws and still bag on RT?

Not to mention: A night when the aforementioned RB had a brain-fart and turned a sure TD into a turnover gift returned to nearly midfield. And a night when the refs killed key third down plays -- Hartline cost one; and Pac man raped Hartline a couple times and the officials smiled.

A blind man could see more clearly than some people. SMH.

LD

You guys need to get over the refs. Your other arguments are valid, but the refs comments need to stop.

I'm not even going to give the guy a thumbs down on his post because that is what he wants. he pulls strings for your exact reactions people, he is a resident troll here. I wouldn't lose any sleep at all if this dude was banned. Read this guy's posts on game day threads, he posts negative crap about him after he throws TDs and wins games. He. Is. A. Troll.

OP sucks as does this post. Tannehill's already passed his total # of TDs from all of last year bunghole....and the ratio is positive.

Actually I think Andy Dalton is a bust. Anyone else nauseated watching the pregame shows before KO the other night? Holy cow I wanted to puke. "The red hot Andy Dalton" etc. He made more poor decisions in the game than RT makes in any 3 game stretch. RT is not a bust. He's not a "beast" yet either. But to say we got him the weapons is wrong. We have one playmaker on offense - Wallace. Wallace in, Bush out is a wash. Give him AJ Geeen, Bernard, Gresham, Eiffert, etc and if he throws 4 picks, fumbles and gets sacked for a safety in OT go ahead and call him a bust then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom