Tanny is a bust | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanny is a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an 'awful' post. I guess Joe Flacco is a bust too, since he is in his 6th season and has 8 TDs and 8 INTs… Or Eli Manning must be a bust too..

First let me say I'm a tannehill supporter since day 1, but those qbs you mention have Super Bowls

First let me say I'm a tannehill supporter since day 1, but those qbs you mention have Super Bowls

Mm, hmmm, ummm, how should I explain this. You see, his point was that those Super Bowl winning QBs also started out slow and were questioned early in the careers, just like Ryan!
So you see, he feels and most of us feel the same with Ryan. Now we know it's not a lock that he wins one, but you have to hitch your wagon sooner or later and we all feel we found a good one worth investing some time in. And maybe we one eventually....just maybe

I think that's what he was going for. The point he was trying to make

I think you miss the point. The OP was saying RT was a bust because his TD/INT ratio was only +2 and the quoted post was just pointing out that the mentioned QBs also had ratios as bad or worse than RT.

Too early to be called a bust. I expected more from him with the talent around him and his abilities, but I wouldn't call him a bust just yet. We are halfway through the season, maybe the light will come on and he will improve his ratio. Honestly I don't care about his ratio as long as we are winning games!!!

Flacco lost a lot of talent around him after last year. Not comparable.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

We would be atleast 5-3 if Tannehill didn't fumble at the end of the Bills game.

If the OL was not hot stinky garbage there would NOT have been a sack period....on that play T-Hill had NO chance at all, there was no pocket, no nothing....watch the play again.....of course that play (and call) still pisses me off pretty bad

What do you think we can get for him? Reminds me of josh Freeman.

Oh my.......just say no to drugs

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Worst post ever! I suggest you rewatch all his games. Dude can play, he just needs some solid offensive lineman. Remember Marino had sims and webb protecting his blind side. I think tannehill will be our longest tenured QB since dan

Hello.....words of wisdom :-)

I literally just came here to post that video.

[video=youtube;5hfYJsQAhl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/video]

Bingo......we have a winner :-)

We win this game in spite of him.... We were THIS close to losing and everyone would be calling for his head.

If 8 - 8 is what you seek, Thill is your guy.

We win this game in spite of him.... We were THIS close to losing and everyone would be calling for his head.

If 8 - 8 is what you seek, Thill is your guy.

Of course without his TD sneak earlier in the game or without his final 4th quarter drive we'd be 3-5. Try again.

Worst post ever! I suggest you rewatch all his games. Dude can play, he just needs some solid offensive lineman. Remember Marino had sims and webb protecting his blind side. I think tannehill will be our longest tenured QB since dan

The line sucks, and certainly Webb/Sims is better than anything we have on this line . . . but Marino also had an extremely quick release and his sidestep is legendary. Marino was a huge influence in making his offensive line a solid pass protection unit. Remember, his line also never got anything going in the running game . . . they were greatly aided by Dan Marino as their QB, moreso than the other way around.

Everyone, whether a full supporter or not, has been critical of tannehill at some point. That said the most level headed fins fans know it's too early to say he's a bust. Also...OPs name is fitting.

How many people were complaining about Sturgis? If he didn't make the gamy tying field goal, this place would have wanted his head. Give me a break.

He has missed ONE FG that he should have made. One bad kick. I'll take that.

We got him all this talent this year, and he has thrown only 2 more TDs than INTs. He has 0 pocket presence, and by now he should realize he doesn't have all day to throw the ball or he's going to get sacked. The only reason we won on Thursday is because of the Defense. 4 turnovers and Tanny can't do anything with them. You guys act like he's some kind of god. Overrated at minimum.

So…when I worked in Manhattan about fifteen years ago, there was this homeless guy who was…well…EXTREMELY cranky. But…I kinda felt bad for him. Despite his crabby demeanor, he had a sort of demented charm. He wore signs. Some were not repeatable here. But the one that got me into a pattern with the guy was a handmade sign that said "I'm HUNGRY." "HUNGRY" was capitalized, and had two lines under it. He was clearly angry about being hungry. So…I figured I'd buy him coffee and a pastry. He told me that was awesome, and how nobody ever wanted to give him food (which was odd, because he weighed 250 pounds, easy). So, anyway, it started a pattern. Every Tuesday and Thursday, I'd walk by where he would sit regularly, and buy him a coffee and a pastry. It was a habit for about two months. It got to the point where he'd get up and walk with me to the coffee truck and stand in line with me, which was fine. Coffee Truck Dude knew what he liked and I liked.

Then one day, we were standing in line, and Angry Homeless Dude's phone rang. He took it out of his pocket and started having a conversation.

Keep in mind…this was 1998. *I* didn't have a cell phone. And I was an AE at a Public Relations firm. But Angry Homeless Dude, who I was buying breakfast for, was chattering on a cell phone.

Coffee Truck Dude and I stared at each other, amazed. There was a good ten second pause where he and I just stared at him, and then we both kinda exploded into "Dude, what the #### is THAT about?"

This is the exact same reaction I had when I read this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom