Targets at 102, Rankings from Different Draft Sites | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Targets at 102, Rankings from Different Draft Sites

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Still hoping Miami can get closer to that top 50 group, but some intriguing possibilities nonetheless at 102.

Sporting News

Some players listed in that range...
Khalil Shakir WR Boise State
Brian Robinson RB Alabama
Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati (6-1)
Kellen Diesch OT Arizona
Justyn Ross WR Clemson (6-4)
John Ridgeway DT Arkansas
Jelani Woods TE Virginia (6-7)
Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati
Tyreke Smith EDGE Ohio State
Tyler Allgeir RB BYU (220)
Donovan West OC Arizona State
Alec Lindstrom OC Boston College
Bailey Zappe QB Western Kentucky
Dominic Robinson EDGE Miami (6-5)

Pro Football Focus

Damone Clark LB LSU
Luke Goedeke OT Central Michigan
Bryan Cook S Cincinnati
James Cook RB Georgia
Rasheed Walker OT Penn State
Phidarian Mathis DL Alabama
Isaiah Likely TE Coastal Carolina
David Bell WR Purdue
Bryan Robinson RB Alabama
Myjai Sanders EDGE Cincinnati
Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati
Jalen Wydermyer TE Texas A'M

CBS Sports (lists top 100)

Zach Tom OC Wake Forest
Channing Tindall LB Georgia
Jelani Woods TE Virginia
DeMarvin Leal DL Texas A'M
Isaiah Spiller RB Texas A'M
Kenneth Walker RB Michigan State
Breece Hall RB Iowa State
Cole Strange OG Chattanooga
Calvin Austin WR Memphis
Martin Emerson CB Mississippi State
Alex Wright EDGE UAB

I keep seeing Zach Tom and Kellen Diesch on the board at #102 in simulations and both seem like good fits.

Max Mitchell is a Ragin Cagun like Robert Hunt and I like him as a pass blocking RT should he somehow make it to Miami's pick. Cole Strange would also be a good pick but like Mitchell will probably be gone.

The new OL coach has a connection to Lindstrom at C and he will probably be there along with Jurgens, Fortner and maybe West.

It would be interesting to see what they would do should a quality RB be there but I think they feel pretty good at RB right now.Cook and Ford are two guys I like who could be on the board.

Myjai Sanders from Cincinnati would be a nice addition to the front 7.

Tindall and Quay Walker from UGA would be nice but I doubt they make it to #102.They could roll the dice on Damone Clark but I don't know if they want a "redshirt" type with so few picks this year.

I would like to see some depth added at DL but I don't see much value in that area.Mathis from Bama and Butler from Tenn could be there but I can't say I know much about either of them.

I would be going BPA with a hopeful eye on OL, LB or DL being the value when we get to #102.

I keep seeing Zach Tom and Kellen Diesch on the board at #102 in simulations and both seem like good fits.

Max Mitchell is a Ragin Cagun like Robert Hunt and I like him as a pass blocking RT should he somehow make it to Miami's pick. Cole Strange would also be a good pick but like Mitchell will probably be gone.

The new OL coach has a connection to Lindstrom at C and he will probably be there along with Jurgens, Fortner and maybe West.

It would be interesting to see what they would do should a quality RB be there but I think they feel pretty good at RB right now.Cook and Ford are two guys I like who could be on the board.

Myjai Sanders from Cincinnati would be a nice addition to the front 7.

Tindall and Quay Walker from UGA would be nice but I doubt they make it to #102.They could roll the dice on Damone Clark but I don't know if they want a "redshirt" type with so few picks this year.

I would like to see some depth added at DL but I don't see much value in that area.Mathis from Bama and Butler from Tenn could be there but I can't say I know much about either of them.

I would be going BPA with a hopeful eye on OL, LB or DL being the value when we get to #102.
Definitely feels like some good targets on the offensive line will be there, including the ones you've mentioned. I've also seen Abe Lucas later than expected in some mocks, although after the combine I think he's a top 75 player.

Sanders and Tindall are both interesting. Sanders didn't show well at the combine so I think he's got a good chance to be there. Tindall would be a big surprise.

I'm all in on Channing Tindall if he slides to us.

He's the type of player that I want, in THE position that I want.
Other names on the list I would be happy with are Justin Ross and Alec Lindstrom.
Damn Fever!! You nailed it. Those 3 players are the ones I really like as well. Tendall, Lidsttom and Ross and maybe in that order.

I will add…CBS has Spiller, Hall, and Walker in that range, but they shouldn’t still be there. If one were to still be there, maybe it’s Spiller. Although if 1 of these guys fell to us I’m def taking Walker or Hall first and maybe Spiller.

I’m maybe drafting P Ariza if all the above are gone.

Some thoughts on the lists:

Sporting News
Khalil Shakir WR Boise State - Dangerous after the catch. Non stop motor. Would be a good get.
Brian Robinson RB Alabama - Underrated due to lack of burst. Always gets what's blocked. Always falls forward
Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati (6-1) - Could push Iggy off the roster
Kellen Diesch OT Arizona - There will be better O-line available
Justyn Ross WR Clemson (6-4) - Medical flags. More of a round 5-7 guy for me.
John Ridgeway DT Arkansas - Love this guy. May not be available at our 4th round pick
Jelani Woods TE Virginia (6-7) - Athletic Freak. I have him going in top 70. Would be a great get.
Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati - He's a top 60 guy for me. I'm older, 58 on Thursday. This guy reminds me of Steve Largent
Tyreke Smith EDGE Ohio State - Not a fan. Better guys at the position.
Tyler Allgeir RB BYU (220) - I like my backs big. He would make my short list at 102.
Donovan West OC Arizona State - West over Lindstrom for me
Alec Lindstrom OC Boston College - Day 3 guy for me
Bailey Zappe QB Western Kentucky - No thanks
Dominic Robinson EDGE Miami (6-5) - Prefer him over Smith

Pro Football Focus
Damone Clark LB LSU - His injury takes him off my draft board.
Luke Goedeke OT Central Michigan - He would be on my short list.
Bryan Cook S Cincinnati - Underrated. Could push Needham.
James Cook RB Georgia - Speed Kills. Sign me up.
Rasheed Walker OT Penn State - I like his long term potential, but he's a day 3 guy for me.
Phidarian Mathis DL Alabama - he's a top 80 guy for me. would be a good get, if available.
Isaiah Likely TE Coastal Carolina - Good player but day 3 for me.
David Bell WR Purdue - If my late grandma can come back from the dead and beat you in a foot race are you a draftable player? And yes, Granny did run track back in the day.
Bryan Robinson RB Alabama - Discussed above
Myjai Sanders EDGE Cincinnati - Remind my again how many 230 pound edge rushers succeed at this level? Now, if you think he is athletic enough to play LB, why not pull the trigger.
Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati - Like this guys game. Would make the team.
Jalen Wydermyer TE Texas A'M - After his pro day, he just earned an all expenses paid trip to the CFL city of his choice. Not a draftable player.

Zach Tom OC Wake Forest - I like this guys game. Would be a nice get.
Channing Tindall LB Georgia - He's a top 75 player for me and may go 2nd round.
Jelani Woods TE Virginia Discussed above. Like the player.
DeMarvin Leal DL Texas A'M - Overrated. This guys tape sucks Doggy Dew. Hopefully, some other GM will be stupid enough to draft him in round 2 and help push a better player down to us.
Isaiah Spiller RB Texas A'M - He's a top 50 guy for me, but could fall due to injury.
Kenneth Walker RB Michigan State - He's a top 40 guy on my board
Breece Hall RB Iowa State - He is also a top 40 guy on my board.
Cole Strange OG Chattanooga - would be a great get but he won't get past Dallas at 88, who view him as a capable replacement for Williams we signed in free agency.
Calvin Austin WR Memphis - Love the guy. Will be gone well before 102
Martin Emerson CB Mississippi State - Might be the most underrated CB in the draft. One of my favorite players. Should be a top 100 pick.
Alex Wright EDGE UAB - Prefer him to Smith at Ohio State but also have Robinson rated higher

Like Quote Reply

8. Ty Chandler RB North Carolina - 5'11, 204 lb, 32.125" arms, 8.81 RAS, 4.38 40; 211 yards on 17 targets in 2021, 3.86 yards after contact per attempt, 85.9 PFF grade in 2021, 82.4 zone grade, 81.5 gap grade

* Bursts through openings and outruns angles, Chandler runs with urgency and determination without sacrificing vision. He's a weapon as a receiver - natural catcher, with smooth transitions, open-field vision, and HR speed. He breaks tackles and makes you pay for it. Chandler is and ideal add to the rotation of Edmonds and Mostert, and he kind of gives you the best of both.

I don't know the individual players like you guys do but with our 3, 4 and 5 rd picks I would be ecstatic if we could come out of that with a RB, Center/Guard and LB. Whoever best fits our scheme in those draft positions. Then just take upside shots with the two 7th rounders.

Have heard good things about Zack Tom and think he may make a lot of sense at that 102 pick if our higher graded targets are gone.

Have heard good things about Zack Tom and think he may make a lot of sense at that 102 pick if our higher graded targets are gone.

Id be interested to see who is higher graded than Zach Tom. I understand he played left tackle and we need right tackle. But, I think it will be really hard to find a player higher graded than Tom at 102.

Some thoughts on the lists:

Sporting News
Khalil Shakir WR Boise State - Dangerous after the catch. Non stop motor. Would be a good get.
Brian Robinson RB Alabama - Underrated due to lack of burst. Always gets what's blocked. Always falls forward
Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati (6-1) - Could push Iggy off the roster
Kellen Diesch OT Arizona - There will be better O-line available
Justyn Ross WR Clemson (6-4) - Medical flags. More of a round 5-7 guy for me.
John Ridgeway DT Arkansas - Love this guy. May not be available at our 4th round pick
Jelani Woods TE Virginia (6-7) - Athletic Freak. I have him going in top 70. Would be a great get.
Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati - He's a top 60 guy for me. I'm older, 58 on Thursday. This guy reminds me of Steve Largent
Tyreke Smith EDGE Ohio State - Not a fan. Better guys at the position.
Tyler Allgeir RB BYU (220) - I like my backs big. He would make my short list at 102.
Donovan West OC Arizona State - West over Lindstrom for me
Alec Lindstrom OC Boston College - Day 3 guy for me
Bailey Zappe QB Western Kentucky - No thanks
Dominic Robinson EDGE Miami (6-5) - Prefer him over Smith

Pro Football Focus
Damone Clark LB LSU - His injury takes him off my draft board.
Luke Goedeke OT Central Michigan - He would be on my short list.
Bryan Cook S Cincinnati - Underrated. Could push Needham.
James Cook RB Georgia - Speed Kills. Sign me up.
Rasheed Walker OT Penn State - I like his long term potential, but he's a day 3 guy for me.
Phidarian Mathis DL Alabama - he's a top 80 guy for me. would be a good get, if available.
Isaiah Likely TE Coastal Carolina - Good player but day 3 for me.
David Bell WR Purdue - If my late grandma can come back from the dead and beat you in a foot race are you a draftable player? And yes, Granny did run track back in the day.
Bryan Robinson RB Alabama - Discussed above
Myjai Sanders EDGE Cincinnati - Remind my again how many 230 pound edge rushers succeed at this level? Now, if you think he is athletic enough to play LB, why not pull the trigger.
Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati - Like this guys game. Would make the team.
Jalen Wydermyer TE Texas A'M - After his pro day, he just earned an all expenses paid trip to the CFL city of his choice. Not a draftable player.

Zach Tom OC Wake Forest - I like this guys game. Would be a nice get.
Channing Tindall LB Georgia - He's a top 75 player for me and may go 2nd round.
Jelani Woods TE Virginia Discussed above. Like the player.
DeMarvin Leal DL Texas A'M - Overrated. This guys tape sucks Doggy Dew. Hopefully, some other GM will be stupid enough to draft him in round 2 and help push a better player down to us.
Isaiah Spiller RB Texas A'M - He's a top 50 guy for me, but could fall due to injury.
Kenneth Walker RB Michigan State - He's a top 40 guy on my board
Breece Hall RB Iowa State - He is also a top 40 guy on my board.
Cole Strange OG Chattanooga - would be a great get but he won't get past Dallas at 88, who view him as a capable replacement for Williams we signed in free agency.
Calvin Austin WR Memphis - Love the guy. Will be gone well before 102
Martin Emerson CB Mississippi State - Might be the most underrated CB in the draft. One of my favorite players. Should be a top 100 pick.
Alex Wright EDGE UAB - Prefer him to Smith at Ohio State but also have Robinson rated higher

Like Quote Reply
Would surprise me if Hall, Walker or Spiller made it to 102. Spiller didn't help himself at the combine, but he still should be somewhere in the late 2nd, early 3rd I would think.

Agree with you on Brian Robinson. I think he'd be a great complement, as a power back, to Edmunds and Mostert.

Jelani Woods is very intriguing. If Miami can't get a long-term deal with Gesicki, tight end could be a target. I think this tight end class is sneaky good.

Back
Top Bottom